AIBP - Includes Milkshakes?

Chunder Worthy

I searched these boards but did not find my answer; so...

Having just read a post with bar menu photos showing the majority of drinks and cocktails were $9, I'm re-entertaining the idea of purchasing the All-Inclusive Beverage Package as more justificable, inasmuch as it includes coffees, sodas and "more."

That's the rub, what is "more?" One of the lesser packages is the "Unlimited Soda & More" package; the "more" here being mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and hot chocolate.

I haven't found it written that the AIBP includes all other drink packages, so am wondering if anybody knows for certain or from personal experience whether or not the $56 (or whatever) price per day includes those items in bold, too?

Having just read a post with bar menu photos showing the majority of drinks and cocktails were $9, I'm re-entertaining the idea of purchasing the All-Inclusive Beverage Package as more justificable, inasmuch as it includes coffees, sodas and "more."

That's the rub, what is "more?" One of the lesser packages is the "Unlimited Soda & More" package; the "more" here being mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and hot chocolate.

I haven't found it written that the AIBP includes all other drink packages, so am wondering if anybody knows for certain or from personal experience whether or not the $56 (or whatever) price per day includes those items in bold, too?

Yes,......."ANY" beverage $10 and under. Don't over think it. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I loooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeee their milkshakes!!!

Hey Colo, I think you can get milkshakes in the ice cream shoppe. You can get sundaes and such so I assume shakes as well. Or as we call them, frappes. (Pronounced "fraps".

One would think so but they were not available on Royal/Regal from the beginning. Not sure if that has changed. :(

When evaluating whether to buy the package, consider that Princess (and other lines) offer these to make money. Lots of money. Not to be good guys and save you $. Most passengers won't get the full value so for them, it's a convenience. You have to drink "X" amount every single day even when you're in port. If your cruise has lots of sea days, it makes more sense but not if it's port intensive.

Of course the set the price point to make them money. I would hope they would. They are a business not a charity. But my bar bill has been cut in half by them doing it. It's a no brainier for a lot of us who cruise. I love the new package!

I agree. Well, we haven't used it yet, but plan to on our upcoming cruise. After figuring how much we'd spend on everything that is included (water, gelato, espresso, beer, wine, cocktails, Perrier) it is a better deal for us to buy the package. Also, we won't be concerned about how much we are racking up on all of these things. :)

Hey Colo, I think you can get milkshakes in the ice cream shoppe. You can get sundaes and such so I assume shakes as well. Or as we call them, frappes. (Pronounced "fraps".

Wrong assumption...;)

One would think so but they were not available on Royal/Regal from the beginning. Not sure if that has changed. :(

This is from the Princess website: "There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess or Royal and Regal Princess".

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Since they are pushing this AIBP, does anyone know if they are still offering the wine package: 7-10 bottles of wine, silver package or gold package etc It was offered in the dining rooms???

Also, the last time I got the UKP on the Ruby in Dec., the milkshakes for people who had this package were pre-prepared, kept in the fridge, and not made fresh when you ordered it. Not worth the money IMHO. I also loved their milk shakes that were made to order.

thanks for any info

since they are pushing this aibp, does anyone know if they are still offering the wine package: 7-10 bottles of wine, silver package or gold package etc it was offered in the dining rooms???

also, the last time i got the ukp on the ruby in dec., the milkshakes for people who had this package were pre-prepared, kept in the fridge, and not made fresh when you ordered it. not worth the money imho. I also loved their milk shakes that were made to order.

Thanks for any info

yuk!

Since they are pushing this AIBP, does anyone know if they are still offering the wine package: 7-10 bottles of wine, silver package or gold package etc It was offered in the dining rooms???

Also, the last time I got the UKP on the Ruby in Dec., the milkshakes for people who had this package were pre-prepared, kept in the fridge, and not made fresh when you ordered it. Not worth the money IMHO. I also loved their milk shakes that were made to order.

thanks for any info

on Caribbean Princess this spring, our milkshakes were made when ordered, right in front of us, as were the malts....nothing was premade and waiting in a fridge (except drink mix stuff).

Keep in mind, if at a bar or on a ship that doesn't have "milkshakes" you could always order a virgin mudslide - it's essentially a chocolate milkshake, or a virgin pina colada for a pineapple/coconut milkshake, etc.....maybe not quite as good as one made form the ice cream at Scoops, but it hits the spot when you're at a bar far from there, or on a ship where they aren't included....

on Caribbean Princess this spring, our milkshakes were made when ordered, right in front of us, as were the malts....nothing was premade and waiting in a fridge (except drink mix stuff).

Keep in mind, if at a bar or on a ship that doesn't have "milkshakes" you could always order a virgin mudslide - it's essentially a chocolate milkshake, or a virgin pina colada for a pineapple/coconut milkshake, etc.....maybe not quite as good as one made form the ice cream at Scoops, but it hits the spot when you're at a bar far from there, or on a ship where they aren't included....

As long as they don't use the nasty ice milk from scoops. :(

The wine package has been available on my longer cruises however they appear to be pushing the AIBP instead.

On the Regal in April the headwaiter at Alfredo's told me on the 1st day the wine package was unavailable & he said only the AIBP package was available. Thankfully at dinner our AD waiters said the wine package was available on our 17 day cruise & we purchased a 12 bottle gold package.

I can only speculate about why the headwaiter gave us wrong info but suspect it's because the AIBP makes more money for Princess. There is some incentive for crew to sell drink packages & guessing it's better when selling the AIBP than the wine packages.