Aqua Class Bottle Water?

alolewis

So you are NOT.

No, but unfortunately, any difference of opinion on the theme of this thread is viewed by some as an attack

So maybe they should do it by nights aboard and class of ship travelled.

I think that is great suggestion. I support it.

My main point on all this is if you book when they are giving water each day then they should honour this condition of booking. Screen Shot from UK web site 5 February 2016.

Yes, I know, I have seen that screen shot several times now. Has anyone reported what the bottled water situation is in the UK right now? I would presume that most Celebrity ships are in the Southern Hemisphere right now but maybe not. My understanding is that under British law, Celebrity is required to offer an amenity that is posted. I'm sure this will be tested in British court some time in the future.

Yes I have upgraded to Aqua I am just happy to give it a try for small charge in dollars, what I get is what I get I will take it and be grateful, if however I paid the full price I may feel different.

Please report back after your cruise. We like Aqua, maybe you will too.

Edited by El Crucero

Actually, no, the daily bottled water was eliminated from the US website about a year ago. Celebrity continued to offer daily water until about 4 months ago as an accommodation.

If they continued to offer water up to 4 months ago, that would mean it's been about 4 months since bottled water was eliminated. Which is what I said in my post.

As for the changes to the US website, the UK and Australia websites still say "Daily delivery of bottled water and teas".

You can argue all you want that this change was made a year ago; however, the facts are different. This change was made less than 4 months ago. Since it's a recent change people are going to complain about it - and if Celebrity is going to reverse their decision, it will take more than a few months of complaints. Again, if you don't like reading complaints about Aqua Class, don't click on the threads.

Then why are people being chastised in other threads about the elimination of Formal Nights. Posters, some of them on this thread, are telling them to get over it.

Not sure what formal night has to do with bottled water in Aqua Class :confused:

If you want to discuss the elimination of formal nights, perhaps you should go to one of those threads.

Because I was accused on the locked thread of being a "Celebrity shill." And hcat has said, "I don't know what his agenda is."

Does that make it crystal clear for you?

To me, it was pretty crystal clear that hcat was NOT referring to you. However, instead of asking for clarification, you chose to jump to conclusions.

Edited by lovemylab

Again, if you don't like reading complaints about Aqua Class, don't click on the threads.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them and don't respond to them.

I like your posts, I find them amusing and entertaining. And I love my daughter's Lab too!

Edited by El Crucero

Yes, I know, I have seen that screen shot several times now. Has anyone reported what the bottled water situation is in the UK right now? I would presume that most Celebrity ships are in the Southern Hemisphere right now but maybe not.My understanding is that under British law, Celebrity is required to offer an amenity that is posted. I'm sure this will be tested in British court some time in the future.

Celebrity does not have any ships sailing from the UK during the winter months. Furthermore, where the ships are sailing from is irrelevant. UK passengers can book cruises to anywhere in the world through the UK website.

Therefore, if someone has used the UK website to book an AquaClass cabin for a Caribbean cruise, and is not receiving the daily bottled water, Celebrity is violating British laws. It's also false advertising.

The elimination of bottled water was poorly executed by Celebrity. They should have updated ALL their websites at the same time so that all passengers worldwide are receiving the same information. In terms of the timing, it would have made more sense to eliminate the water effective the 2017-2018 sailings that were only released starting in November 2015. That way, ALL passengers would have been aware of the change at the time of booking.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them and don't respond to them.

I like your posts, I find them amusing and entertaining. And I love my daughter's Lab too!

I never said I don't like your posts ;)

Labs are awesome. It would be very hard not to love them :)

Celebrity does not have any ships sailing from the UK during the winter months. Furthermore, where the ships are sailing from is irrelevant. UK passengers can book cruises to anywhere in the world through the UK website.

Therefore, if someone has used the UK website to book an AquaClass cabin for a Caribbean cruise, and is not receiving the daily bottled water, Celebrity is violating British laws. It's also false advertising.

The elimination of bottled water was poorly executed by Celebrity. They should have updated ALL their websites at the same time so that all passengers worldwide are receiving the same information. In terms of the timing, it would have made more sense to eliminate the water effective the 2017-2018 sailings that were only released starting in November 2015. That way, ALL passengers would have been aware of the change at the time of booking.

I don't disagree with some of what you say, but it is not a deal breaker for us. For those that is a deal breaker, I suppose you might have recourse in a British court.