Aqua Class Bottle Water?

alolewis

Not sure of the personal agenda of El Crucero, but the bottom line is that there have been cuts to the amenities that used to be provided to Aqua Class. Personally (having done AQ a many times and with one future AQ booking) the cuts are relatively minor....but they are cuts. To us, the only reason we ever booked Aqua was that we enjoyed the Blu experience. We think that Blu had also undergone some downgrades in terms of quality/quantity (this has been discussed in other threads) so we have been left wondering why we (or anyone) should pay extra money for Aqua...which actually has less desirable cabins (many are located right under the pool deck and in a big shadow cost by the pool deck overhang), no longer have pillow menus, unlimited bottled water, no more fresh squeezed OJ for room service breakfast, cut back on flowers, etc. Although we still enjoy the atmosphere of Blu, we no longer think the cuisine is better then in the MDR....and in many cases is not even as good.

So our feeling at this point is that any of our future bookings will be in lower category well-located balcony cabins. Our savings (which can be substantial) can then be either pocketed or used to pay for a few meals in alternative restaurants (all of which are better than Blu). And regarding the alternative restaurants, we seldom to never pay the full price for any of these restaurants. If they want our business we demand a discount (usually can get at least 30%) of we just dine in the MDR (or Blu if in Aqua).

Hank

Agree with you here Hank, esp. that first sentence :)

We're in AQ in May, & while my question to the Celeb. "official" poster was facetious at best, if Blu is serving the same menu that its served for the last 5 years, then we'll be booking the cheapest available verandah next time.

Last Celebrity cruise, one the the el cheapos offered up the first two weeks of Dec., we just booked a Verandah guarantee & bought the 5 dinner specialty pkg., however, honestly, the two nights we ate in the MDR were perfectly fine, just not thrilled with the noise on the select level, however, with the current ridiculous uncharge for AQ, I'm willing to put up with some noise. :)

Not sure of the personal agenda of El Crucero, but the bottom line is that there have been cuts to the amenities that used to be provided to Aqua Class.

Not sure of the personal agenda of Hlitner, but the bottom line is if you don't think Aqua is worth the money, don't book it and stop the whining.

We are booked in Aqua twice this year and we like all the amenities including Blu, the Persian Garden, priority boarding, infused teas, expanded room service menu, afternoon canapes, and more. We are going to have a great time no matter how much some posters want to diss us.

Sorry, but your comment about the sodium is not backed up by the number of people who have complained and many of them did not fly.

Sorry, but your comment is not backed up by the chemical analysis of reverse osmosis water despite what other people have complained about.

Edited by El Crucero

I believe it was arguing with the "water bottle cut defenders" that caused the other thread to close...so hopefully this thread won't meet the same fate, by similar diversion..

woud be nice if Celebrity became aware that folks are still not happy by seeing posts here and esp the onboard comment cards and the post cruise survey..,

we have 2 more booked with the promised amenity which we won't receive, .and others after that. No plans to cancel or switch our AQ enjoyment but still hope the convenient amenity will be restored...

I believe it was arguing with the "water bottle cut defenders" that caused the other thread to close...so hopefully this thread won't meet the same fate, by similar diversion..

I am not a "water bottle cut defender". I am just saying that cutting daily water bottles is not a deal breaker for us. If it were, I would simply cancel my cruise, or book a different category of cabin, or use my OBC to buy bottled water on board. Yes, I know it was listed as amenity when you made your reservation, but it has been known for months that it was being eliminated and you could have cancelled because of it. The other thread was closed because the water bottle complainers were becoming repetitive. What is being said here that already hasn't been said on the closed thread? It is beating a dead horse.

If Celebrity hasn't gotten the message by now, after something like 500 posts, that a few people on CC are upset about elimination of daily bottled water in Aqua, then they never will.

I am not a "water bottle cut defender". I am just saying that cutting daily water bottles is not a deal breaker for us. If it were, I would simply cancel my cruise, or book a different category of cabin, or use my OBC to buy bottled water on board. Yes, I know it was listed as amenity when you made your reservation, but it has been known for months that it was being eliminated and you could have cancelled because of it. The other thread was closed because the water bottle complainers were becoming repetitive. What is being said here that already hasn't been said on the closed thread? It is beating a dead horse.

If Celebrity hasn't gotten the message by now, after something like 500 posts, that a few people on CC are upset about elimination of daily bottled water in Aqua, then they never will.

We see it as something like a "death by a thousand cuts" with "cuts" being the important term. We are not Celebrity bashers or cheerleaders, but merely Elite Plus cruises who have long enjoyed this cruise line (among many others). But these small cuts in Aqua (which make little sense from a financial standpoint) are more symbolic of other cuts we have noticed then meaningful of themselves. But since you like to defend Aqua (and trash anyone else who disagrees with you) please tell me what now attracts you to Aqua Class. We also have been Aqua fans...but now are finding it difficult to justify the additional cost. DW does like the footstools on the balcony and the better towels, but even she now thinks that the extra cost of Aqua may no longer be justified. Personally, we used to think of Aqua as worth about $30 per passenger day more then a regular balcony. Now, perhaps we would rate it worth about $15 a passenger day more then a balcony...and even that is a stretch.

Celebrity was very smart to create Aqua. It was a great way to market less than ideal cabins at higher costs then better regular cabins. Blu and a few of the other little amenities attracted many of us to AQ, But when they take away those little amenities, and Blu is not much better than the MDR, where is the attraction?

Hank

woud be nice if Celebrity became aware that folks are still not happy by seeing posts here and esp the onboard comment cards and the post cruise survey..,

we have 2 more booked with the promised amenity which we won't receive, .and others after that. No plans to cancel or switch our AQ enjoyment but still hope the convenient amenity will be restored...

When I booked on the celebrity website last month they were still advertising the water. Not a big deal as I am on a drinks package but do they change the deal again - Persian gardens at a discount? Or 3 passes per cruise? Or no more tea in the room etc etc.

For me Blu is part of why I booked Aqua particularly if there are many children aboard plus I liked where the cabin was located - not a noisy one. Don't really care for most of the other benefits but completely understand why people are upset - you were sold one thing and justified your decision on that and therefore have been sold a pup.

But, the idea of a normal veranda and use the savings for speciality restaurants is an attractive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There does appear to be a poster who quotes the amenities from the Celebrity brochure. What that poster does not understand is that when one books, there is an implied understanding of what is to be included. If there is a shortage or extraordinary circumstances, that is understandable. But to cut very minor items and raising prices is not a way to do business, especially with the motto including the word 'luxury'.

Yes and other items here is a screen shot i just taken. Note date and time, just show them this on board.

water7.jpg

I assume that before they set sail back to European waters they will get round to changing that.

After all apparently we should just suck it up when they decide to arbitrarily change what they are prepared to offer.

On the other hand perhaps, like the kettles, it will be provided when sailing out of the UK.

I think the whole thing stinks quite frankly.

As many have said, it's not the water, it's the sum total of all the (negative) changes. We cancelled one cruise altogether and changed our cabin from A1 to a regular balcony on another. The jury is still out on our 2017 B2B in Asia currently booked in A1 on deck 11 of m-class....have to hear more reports on noise from deck 12.

It's just very hard to justify a price differential of $700 a person between an A1 on an S-class and a 1A on a 12 night cruise...and the 1A has a better location on the slant with bigger balcony. Blu isn't worth anywhere close to that....and the other amenities are worth almost nothing..they are fluff.

We see it as something like a "death by a thousand cuts" with "cuts" being the important term. We are not Celebrity bashers or cheerleaders, but merely Elite Plus cruises who have long enjoyed this cruise line (among many others). But these small cuts in Aqua (which make little sense from a financial standpoint) are more symbolic of other cuts we have noticed then meaningful of themselves. But since you like to defend Aqua (and trash anyone else who disagrees with you) please tell me what now attracts you to Aqua Class. We also have been Aqua fans...but now are finding it difficult to justify the additional cost. DW does like the footstools on the balcony and the better towels, but even she now thinks that the extra cost of Aqua may no longer be justified. Personally, we used to think of Aqua as worth about $30 per passenger day more then a regular balcony. Now, perhaps we would rate it worth about $15 a passenger day more then a balcony...and even that is a stretch.

Celebrity was very smart to create Aqua. It was a great way to market less than ideal cabins at higher costs then better regular cabins. Blu and a few of the other little amenities attracted many of us to AQ, But when they take away those little amenities, and Blu is not much better than the MDR, where is the attraction?

Hank

I agree.

The water by itself is a small thing. But it's that small thing along with other small things that in totality leaves a bad taste.

We will be sailing on the Eclipse (in Aqua) on Sunday.

We currently have 3 more cruises booked for 2017 , also in Aqua.

We will re-evaluate 2017 and beyond when we see what the atmosphere on board is actually like.

For us the MDR is just too noisy and tumulty so it's Aqua or another cruise line entirely with smaller, quieter dining rooms.

Celebrity may as well cancel any magic or illusion act they offer on board as entertainment. The new CEO and marketing department do a better job of making things disappear and creating illusions that we are getting things for free that we are in fact paying for.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I agree.

The water by itself is a small thing. But it's that small thing along with other small things that in totality leaves a bad taste.

We will be sailing on the Eclipse (in Aqua) on Sunday.

We currently have 3 more cruises booked for 2017 , also in Aqua.

We will re-evaluate 2017 and beyond when we see what the atmosphere on board is actually like.

For us the MDR is just too noisy and tumulty so it's Aqua or another cruise line entirely with smaller, quieter dining rooms.

Look forward to reading your review as we are in Aqua for first time on Eclipse in 4 weeks time, was in 1B but got offered a very good deal, to good to turn down so Aqua we are looking forward to trying Blu.

Eclipse in best of S Class ships or was !!.

We were just in a celebrity suite on reflection where I guess we get water on embarkation too. On the table when we walked into the suite was One bottle of water (room temp) for three people. Seriously, don't even bother.

When was your cruise? For any January Eclipse cruise in a SS there was one large bottle in the cabin, but it was not free. There were small bottles delivered everyday or whenever we used our supply on the counter as we moved them to the frig. I do not know if this is a new process or just something our Butler did. It was not big deal for us because we had a drink package anyway. Our Butler did offer to get us cocktails at any time if we would just give him the numbers on our card, but we never asked.

Could be we just had an amazing Butler.

I would think that the number of cruiser who have not booked at least with the Big pricing and received at least one perk would be very low. Therefore it is probably just more of the idea of the elimination than the actual impact. From our experience in Aqua it was suppose to be two bottle of water a day, but they always supplied as much as we wanted.

When was your cruise? For any January Eclipse cruise in a SS there was one large bottle in the cabin, but it was not free. There were small bottles delivered everyday or whenever we used our supply on the counter as we moved them to the frig. I do not know if this is a new process or just something our Butler did. It was not big deal for us because we had a drink package anyway. Our Butler did offer to get us cocktails at any time if we would just give him the numbers on our card, but we never asked.

Could be we just had an amazing Butler.

I would think that the number of cruiser who have not booked at least with the Big pricing and received at least one perk would be very low. Therefore it is probably just more of the idea of the elimination than the actual impact. From our experience in Aqua it was suppose to be two bottle of water a day, but they always supplied as much as we wanted.

We were on the Jan 22 cruise. The butler was very happy to show us our one bottle (not large) or free water for embarkation. We were laughing and said ok but there are three of us. No big deal to us either as we had a drink package but they presented it like it was a bottle of Dom.

Sounds like you got lucky with a wonderful butler! Was his name Gordon?? Bc he is the best and apparently on the Eclipse right now! Unfortunately our first butler on this cruise was so poor we had him changed for another who was not much better. All we asked for was ice 3x a day and hot strong coffee in the morning. Even this did not happen. Room service breakfast was so cold that cheese in eggs was congealed. I ordered an iced espresso one day in hopes of strong coffee and got cold coffee in a paper cup with no ice. It was laughable. Not a good experience. Next cruise we are just going to forego the butler and we will rid of a lot of hassle. Still had a great cruise nevertheless.

We were on the Jan 22 cruise. The butler was very happy to show us our one bottle (not large) or free water for embarkation. We were laughing and said ok but there are three of us. No big deal to us either as we had a drink package but they presented it like it was a bottle of Dom.

Sounds like you got lucky with a wonderful butler! Was his name Gordon?? Bc he is the best and apparently on the Eclipse right now! Unfortunately our first butler on this cruise was so poor we had him changed for another who was not much better. All we asked for was ice 3x a day and hot strong coffee in the morning. Even this did not happen. Room service breakfast was so cold that cheese in eggs was congealed. I ordered an iced espresso one day in hopes of strong coffee and got cold coffee in a paper cup with no ice. It was laughable. Not a good experience. Next cruise we are just going to forego the butler and we will rid of a lot of hassle. Still had a great cruise nevertheless.

Bummer. Cesar was ours. He was outstanding. And yes we got lucky and we usually do not need or appreciate what a Butler can do.

Is it really only one bottle of water? Oh, my. I would think at the very least two would be given in each AQ stateroom.

Sorry, but just one bottle is ridiculous and rather insulting.

There does appear to be a poster who quotes the amenities from the Celebrity brochure. What that poster does not understand is that when one books, there is an implied understanding of what is to be included. If there is a shortage or extraordinary circumstances, that is understandable. But to cut very minor items and raising prices is not a way to do business, especially with the motto including the word 'luxury'.

Not sure if you mean me, but if a company advertises something that is its policy not to supply, then it's misleading advertising, and no small print will affect that. It'll be a offence in many EU countries.

Stuart

Not sure if you mean me, but if a company advertises something that is its policy not to supply, then it's misleading advertising, and no small print will affect that. It'll be a offence in many EU countries.

Stuart

I definitely was not referring to you. My point was if due to weather or an item not being available, I would accept that. However, it is unacceptable to withdraw a promoted item that is readily available. It should be provided to those that booked under that promotion. It should be easy enough for Celebrity to keep track of those that did.

Is it really only one bottle of water? Oh, my. I would think at the very least two would be given in each AQ stateroom.

Sorry, but just one bottle is ridiculous and rather insulting.

There are two small bottles of water for AQ cabins. At least that was true last month when we were on the Equinox.

We just got off the Constellation ,Aqua Class , bottled water first day then charged for water. This is the type of nickel and diming that disgusts cruisers. I mean what is next , Aqua Class benefits for day one , then a surcharge. They would be better off adding $15 dollars a person to cover the small things , if they are that desperate for cash. Small things can add up to a disappointing experience ,and cause customers to start looking elsewhere. What is next , surcharge for items in Blu? For us that would be a cruise line changer:mad: