Aqua Class Bottle Water?

alolewis

Just got off Summit in Aqua and there was no pillow menu. Wish there was since I thought the pillows were terrible.

There were slippers, robes, 2 bottles of water replenished daily, welcome champagne, binoculars, umbrella, tote bag, three green apples.

There was also no lip balm. There was no daily ice service. If you wanted the canapes, you had to fill out a form and be in the room when they delivered them.

There was also no Do Not Disturb sign for the door. Had to ask for one since the room steward would just walk in whenever he pleased, LOL.

If there are things missing I.e. pillow menu, lip balm, just ask, I f7nd that they are only too happy to oblige.

LOL, yes, I would use the deadlock on the door, but he would still try to get in, and when he couldn't he would knock and knock until we answered. I wanted something on the door so he wouldn't knock and wake us up.

I got the apples replaced with bananas.

Never drank the tea so told her to stop bringing it.

The 'champagne' was in a bucket of ice/water for four or five days. Used to put the bottled water in with it as fridge was rubbish.

Just off Eclipse AQ. No pillow menu, one lip balm, no water or ice till we asked for it. The fruit was great, a selection of apples, pears banana, grapes and oranges, best fruit we have ever had. I think our steward was new as we didn't get our coupons either. She did her best and she was very sweet.

LOL, yes, I would use the deadlock on the door, but he would still try to get in, and when he couldn't he would knock and knock until we answered. I wanted something on the door so he wouldn't knock and wake us up.

Our issue was when I might go on an excursion and partner wanted to sleep in. I would slip out quietly so as not to wake, so of course I could not deadlock. And the sign just doesnt seem to do the trick.

Just off Eclipse AQ. No pillow menu, one lip balm, no water or ice till we asked for it. The fruit was great, a selection of apples, pears banana, grapes and oranges, best fruit we have ever had. I think our steward was new as we didn't get our coupons either. She did her best and she was very sweet.

Did you look in the binder on the desk for the pillow list or just ask. It is where the pillow menu is. You only get one lip balm which is in the bag sometimes. Water is always there and you do have to ask for ice. Ask once and you get it twice a day everyday.

Did you look in the binder on the desk for the pillow list or just ask. It is where the pillow menu is. You only get one lip balm which is in the bag sometimes. Water is always there and you do have to ask for ice. Ask once and you get it twice a day everyday.

I never "used" or "saw" the pillow menu - we always have plenty of pillows on the bed. What else can you get besides those?

I never "used" or "saw" the pillow menu - we always have plenty of pillows on the bed. What else can you get besides those?

They have a firm almost hard contoured pillow and hypoallergenic pillow. My wife always ask for a couple extra pillows.

• 7 months later...

Hello all!

About to book my first Celebrity cruise in the Med. No perks, as there is a special price. Aqua Class cabins comes at 20 dollars per person more per day than the standard balcony cabin. But i think this difference is worth the Blu Restaurant, isn't it?

Could you just confirm me that water is still available daily in the cabin? Also, slightly off topic, is water available free of charge in all restaurants?

Thank you!

Bottled water is only provided on embarkation in AQ cabins now (2 small bottles) and not daily. Ships water (not bottled) is available everywhere free of charge, Restaurants, buffet etc, they will pour it at the table in any restaurant as a matter of course. You can also ask for a pitcher of ships water in your room each day and an ice bucket with ice.

Thanks! I thought daily bottled water in the cabin was still available. While like on other companies like NCL water in the jar is complimentary.

Do you think the 20 dollars per person per day is worth the difference between a normal balcony cabin on decks 6/7 compared to an Aqua Class on deck 9? It will be august so the boat might be slightly corwded and the Blu restaurants might be a good choice...

Thanks again

Thanks! I thought daily bottled water in the cabin was still available. While like on other companies like NCL water in the jar is complimentary.

Do you think the 20 dollars per person per day is worth the difference between a normal balcony cabin on decks 6/7 compared to an Aqua Class on deck 9? It will be august so the boat might be slightly corwded and the Blu restaurants might be a good choice...

Thanks again

Blu for breakfast and dinner is probably worth $20 a day....but it depends on ship and cabin location because they play into the decision. I would much prefer a rear A1 on an M-class to a standard balcony. Most of the A2's on deck 9 are under noise...and that's not a plus. I would prefer a 1A on an s-class with a larger balcony to most of the aqua cabins. I don't think any of the other aqua benefits are worth much at all....the welcome bottle of "champagne" is worth $28 (if they are still giving that to aqua passengers), and the rest is mostly fluff.

Assume the ship will be full no matter when and where you cruise...it won't be any more crowded in August than other times. That shouldn't be part of your decision.

I just noticed that the Celebrity website says for Aqua Class: "Welcome bottled water". I was under the impression it was two bottles per day, or some said even say much you want, which is correct? We may be the only passengers without a beverage package as when we booked 1-2-3 was not in effect and when it was the price was much higher, almost double the price.

Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation.

Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation.

Which is a change for AQ guests who booked and were promised two bottles per day. There is another long thread on this and people are very angry, just another lessening of the value of a Celebrity cruise. According to the above post, they have taken away daily AQ water but now have given bottles to Sky and Celebrity Suites, who never got them before.

Maybe the new ship will be an all suite ship, they don't seem to care for those who choose not to book a suite.

Edited by dkjretired

When I booked our upcoming May cruise in November 2014, I booked under the policy of daily water delivery in AQ class staterooms.

What new amenities are replacing the loss of the daily water? Please advise. Thanks :)

I thought the AQ daily water bottle threads were closed due to some posts that were unsympathetic in a not so nice way to those losing this amenity which was part of the deal when they booked.

short answer..

Nothing replaced it. You get the two nice blue bottles when you board and that is it. No exceptions that we know about.

If you do not have a package of some sort you would have to buy one or buy water individually or bring your own on board. or drink the hi sodium ship's water which may be why many guests report they have puffed up on cruises.

If you have a package you can get water from many spots...bars, restaurants. Problem is that many of these places only have in supply (or push) the much larger bottles which are often warm , and not very easy to carry or place in the fridge. And surprise...you could of course BUY a regular sized cold bottle of upgraded water at the same locations!!!

We managed,but it was not like having a Modern Luxury AQ/spa amenity of daily delivered bottled water that was listed when we booked our AQ cabin. We also brought on a 6 pack of Fiji Water ..the btls fit nicely in the fridge..of course it was cumbersome lugging it on...the carry bag broke but other than that..we were happy we brought it along.

Doubt much more will happen on this issue..the AQ clientele lost!

The no daily bottled water in Aqua has been known for a minimum of three months. There has been plenty of time for those people to cancel and get a full refund if daily bottled water in Aqua is a deal breaker for them.

The complaining starts to get very repetitive and amounts to an Internet temper tantrum. Time to move on. Don't book Aqua anymore if daily bottled water is important to you. Get over it.

And no, the ship's reverse osmosis water IS NOT high in sodium. Educate yourself. Swollen ankles are most likely from the air flight or the shore excursion.

We are looking forward to our Aqua booking in May. The time just can't come fast enough because we will have a great time!

The complaining starts to get very repetitive and amounts to an Internet temper tantrum. Time to move on. Don't book Aqua anymore if daily bottled water is important to you. Get over it.

As many have said, it's not the water, it's the sum total of all the (negative) changes. We cancelled one cruise altogether and changed our cabin from A1 to a regular balcony on another. The jury is still out on our 2017 B2B in Asia currently booked in A1 on deck 11 of m-class....have to hear more reports on noise from deck 12.

It's just very hard to justify a price differential of $700 a person between an A1 on an S-class and a 1A on a 12 night cruise...and the 1A has a better location on the slant with bigger balcony. Blu isn't worth anywhere close to that....and the other amenities are worth almost nothing..they are fluff.

Edited by ghstudio

When were the daily water bottles dropped?

OP, I think the cost of Blu is worth the extra dollars and there is also access to spa area. Breakfast in Blu on disembarkation day especially is very good. Also priority embarkation which in our Noro delayed boarding in Barcelona saved us a massive wait. I dont drink the ships water. Regardless of the science my ankles do swell when I drink it. As it occurs on cruises where I haven't flown and before I have done any excursions. Everyone is different and on different medications that may react differently to even minute traces of minerals.

Love Aqua despite the water issue and will try book it in any future issues.

Having said that, if a condition is removed after you book then it should still be provided unless it can no longer be sourced. Not everyone can cancel or change free of charge - many TA's in Australia keep the deposit.

Edited by Pushka

As many have said, it's not the water, it's the sum total of all the (negative) changes.

Then don't book Aqua.

We cancelled one cruise altogether and changed our cabin from A1 to a regular balcony on another.

Great, it sounds like you got what you wanted.

The jury is still out on our 2017 B2B in Asia currently booked in A1 on deck 11 of m-class....have to hear more reports on noise from deck 12.

Yes, you have options so choose carefully.

It's just very hard to justify a price differential of $700 a person between an A1 on an S-class and a 1A on a 12 night cruise...and the 1A has a better location on the slant with bigger balcony. Blu isn't worth anywhere close to that....and the other amenities are worth almost nothing..they are fluff.

Simple, then don't book Aqua, it is not what you are looking for.

The no daily bottled water in Aqua has been known for a minimum of three months. There has been plenty of time for those people to cancel and get a full refund if daily bottled water in Aqua is a deal breaker for them.

And no, the ship's reverse osmosis water IS NOT high in sodium. Educate yourself. Swollen ankles are most likely from the air flight or the shore excursion.

We are looking forward to our Aqua booking in May. The time just can't come fast enough because we will have a great time!

Sorry, but your comment about the sodium is not backed up by the number of people who have complained and many of them did not fly.

Not everyone can cancel or change free of charge - many TA's in Australia keep the deposit.

You can book through an on-line TA in the US. They are required to return your deposit if you cancel before Celebrity's deadline. Too bad we can't send private messages on this Forum so I could give you the contact information for my TA. Everything done over the Internet and she gives us additional OBC too! I had to change a booking for 2017 to a different date because of a price drop on the other date. It was no problem and it was no cost. She notifies me via email when there are price drops on the booked cruise or a similar cruise. I decide what I want to do.

Not sure of the personal agenda of El Crucero, but the bottom line is that there have been cuts to the amenities that used to be provided to Aqua Class. Personally (having done AQ a many times and with one future AQ booking) the cuts are relatively minor....but they are cuts. To us, the only reason we ever booked Aqua was that we enjoyed the Blu experience. We think that Blu had also undergone some downgrades in terms of quality/quantity (this has been discussed in other threads) so we have been left wondering why we (or anyone) should pay extra money for Aqua...which actually has less desirable cabins (many are located right under the pool deck and in a big shadow cost by the pool deck overhang), no longer have pillow menus, unlimited bottled water, no more fresh squeezed OJ for room service breakfast, cut back on flowers, etc. Although we still enjoy the atmosphere of Blu, we no longer think the cuisine is better then in the MDR....and in many cases is not even as good.

So our feeling at this point is that any of our future bookings will be in lower category well-located balcony cabins. Our savings (which can be substantial) can then be either pocketed or used to pay for a few meals in alternative restaurants (all of which are better than Blu). And regarding the alternative restaurants, we seldom to never pay the full price for any of these restaurants. If they want our business we demand a discount (usually can get at least 30%) of we just dine in the MDR (or Blu if in Aqua).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner