Aqua Class Bottle Water?

alolewis

I can't tell you how happy I am that this has been revived.

They have NO CLUE how much the little things count.

"Modern Luxury" - what a joke.

People are P-d off that you took away something that was PROMISED and EXPECTED.

Oh yeah, "we reserve the right" -

Such a small thing that would cost you almost nothing and really means a lot to those who booked - what a poor, poor marketing decision.

Our cruise on EQ 1/2, was the one where folks waited on line to check in for several hrs..many in the hot sun...pretty awfu!

At some point Celeb rolled out free bottles of water for those on line .....that was nice but I kept thinking it was "our " AQ water that they were being so generous with,.

I can't tell you how happy I am that this has been revived.

This bottled water thing just won't go away. There are about a dozen people here that just repeat their arguments over and over. You have made your point. If Celebrity has gotten the message from hundreds of posts from the complainers, then they never will!

This thread is going to be locked down soon because this just becomes complaining for complaing sake. Nothing new is being said.

This bottled water thing just won't go away. There are about a dozen people here that just repeat their arguments over and over. You have made your point. If Celebrity has gotten the message from hundreds of posts from the complainers, then they never will!

This thread is going to be locked down soon because this just becomes complaining for complaing sake. Nothing new is being said.

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread.

Since the complaints bother you so much, why are you reading them?

El Crucero, you have made YOUR point too - it's perfectly ok, with you, that you book under one set of perks and then...OOPS, SORRY, not gonna happen.

One has to wonder why that is ok with you??

What about honestly, integrity, you get what you paid for, we said it was a perk so it still is, bait and switch...really, our arguments are just so much more logical than your "so they cut it out after you PAID for it, just deal with it"...WHY SHOULD WE???

We cruised on Equinox last year and year before. This year we are on Princess for Alaska so I've drifted away from the Celebrity boards. So this is the first time I have heard of this change. I think it is a stupid move - might seem small to Celebrity but clearly not to consumers of their product.

So I am happy it has had a revisit.

Edited by Pushka

The suite people did much better than the AQ cruisers..

Many suite guests booked with a perk of 2 included Specialty dinners . The offered perk ended but after a big protest here and on other soc media..those who booked with that perk had it restored for that booking Many have printed it all out so they get what they booked under.

The daily botted water delivery was an AQ amenity not a booking perk per se...so maybe that's why they felt they could pull it. And I guess we have alot less economic value/ clout than suite guests

We love BLU but enjoy other AQ inclusions like the Persian Garden..also enjoy gym and spa.....so that daily water delivery was definitely a plus for us..Losing it is not a deal breaker ...we can afford a$10 pack of water, but it is a pain the neck. We'll bring on our own whenever possible .Hunting down the right size btls under our drink package gets tiresome!

Hope AQ is actually enhanced to be a true SPA Class, esp withCanyon Ranch now on board!

Edited by hcat

The water deal is annoying, because it is ,well, cheap and petty ,and makes you feel just a little less special in an Aqua Class cabin. Maybe next you will get one plush pillow ,and one plain, a robe to share , not 2, one chair on the balcony and another to rent, and so it goes down the slippery slope.

I am one of the folks highly annoyed by the elimination of the daily delivery of bottled water as an Aqua perk. That perk was in place from the very introduction of Aqua Class and it seems petty and shortsighted to eliminate it. For me it is yet another negative change in the Celebrity experience. The Celebrity response to my e-mail was that they provide "modern luxury" to their passengers, but I find it difficult to accept that this elimination of a long-standing perk is a "modern luxury" experience.

But for those who missed that that perk has been cut, e-mails of concern can be sent to: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. Another e-mail address is: concerns@celebrity.com.

Letters can be sent to: Celebrity Guest Relations, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132. The employee who called me in response to my letter indicated that they have been receiving letters of complaint, and her question to me was whether the elimination of daily delivery of bottled water would make me re-consider a decision to book an Aqua stateroom.

I am one of the folks highly annoyed by the elimination of the daily delivery of bottled water as an Aqua perk. That perk was in place from the very introduction of Aqua Class and it seems petty and shortsighted to eliminate it. For me it is yet another negative change in the Celebrity experience. The Celebrity response to my e-mail was that they provide "modern luxury" to their passengers, but I find it difficult to accept that this elimination of a long-standing perk is a "modern luxury" experience.

But for those who missed that that perk has been cut, e-mails of concern can be sent to: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. Another e-mail address is: concerns@celebrity.com.

Letters can be sent to: Celebrity Guest Relations, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL 33132. The employee who called me in response to my letter indicated that they have been receiving letters of complaint, and her question to me was whether the elimination of daily delivery of bottled water would make me re-consider a decision to book an Aqua stateroom.

We noted our disappointment on the attention to detail card...while complimenting our BLU team. Got a note saying our remarks would be passed on to HQ but never heard further.

Also managed to note the issue on the post cruise survey, That was not so easy b/c the online survey is mostly self serving these days . At the end they ask if they can use your positives along with full names in ads and promotions...very tacky, They already pay some of their online cheereaders via a 3rd party company...and have converted Celeb cruise to a p.r .parrot!

Anyhow....hope we get our AQ water back eventually.

They already pay some of their online cheereaders via a 3rd party company...and have converted Celeb cruise to a p.r .parrot! .

Your post is insulting! Just because I like Aqua class does not mean I am an "online cheerleader."

Backup your accusation about 3rd party companies. Who are these companies and specifically who is getting paid. I know I am not getting paid for my posts.

I repeat, if you haven't made your point to Celebrity, you never will!

What makes you so sure of this?

This change to Aqua Class is still new (less than 4 months old).

There have been other instances where Celebrity & RCI have implemented a change, people didn't like it and the decision was reversed. I believe the chocolates were gone for over a year before they were brought back.

Where is the "beating a dead horse" gif? ]

If we had one, you can be guaranteed it would be used on your posts.

We get that you love the changes to Aqua Class. We also know how you have two upcoming cruises booked in Aqua Class and how you're going to have a wonderful time enjoying Blu, Persian Gardens, flavored teas and all the other amenities that you're assuming will still be offered by the time you sail.

I repeat, if you don't like the topic don't read the thread!

Your post is insulting! Just because I like Aqua class does not mean I am an "online cheerleader."

Backup your accusation about 3rd party companies. Who are these companies and specifically who is getting paid. I know I am not getting paid for my posts.

What makes you think hcat was referring to you??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

As far as backing up the accusations, do a search on these boards for Royal Champions. It's just one example of where people were getting perks for making favorable posts.

this has nothing to do with you.....

common knowledge ..... there were cc threads in 2015, that explained the online "advocate" program that some posting on cc signed up for. A third party pays independent contractors as "advocates" to online chat with potential cruisers who connect thru the X website somehow....,,..advertising pr stuff...have not heard much about it recently...

I also like AQ class..but would like my daily water back.

This change to Aqua Class is still new (less than 4 months old).

Actually, no, the daily bottled water was eliminated from the US website about a year ago. Celebrity continued to offer daily water until about 4 months ago as an accommodation.

There have been other instances where Celebrity & RCI have implemented a change, people didn't like it and the decision was reversed.

Then why are people being chastised in other threads about the elimination of Formal Nights. Posters, some of them on this thread, are telling them to get over it.

If we had one, you can be guaranteed it would be used on your posts.
How clever. After about 500 posts on this topic who is beating a dead horse?

you're assuming will still be offered by the time you sail.

Don't worry I will get them.

I repeat, if you don't like the topic don't read the thread!

And if you don't like my posts, don't read them.

Edited by El Crucero

What makes you think hcat was referring to you??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Because I was accused on the locked thread of being a "Celebrity shill." And hcat has said, "I don't know what his agenda is."

Does that make it crystal clear for you?

this has nothing to do with you.....

common knowledge ..... there were cc threads in 2015, that explained the online "advocate" program that some posting on cc signed up for. A third party pays independent contractors as "advocates" to online chat with potential cruisers who connect thru the X website somehow....,,..advertising pr stuff...have not heard much about it recently

And here it is

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2242703

Just wondering how many of you who are upset about the elimination of the water will book Aqua again? It's one thing to express your disapproval here on CC but unless you boycott the stateroom class in the future you can't fault Celebrity.

common knowledge ..... there were cc threads in 2015, that explained the online "advocate" program that some posting on cc signed up for. A third party pays independent contractors as "advocates" to online chat with potential cruisers who connect thru the X website somehow....,,..advertising pr stuff...have not heard much about it recently...

Okay, I did the search and you are correct about "Celebrity Advocates". I was not active on CC last August for various reasons. Interesting, but I would NEVER join such a program. I enjoy my retired life and don't need a new "job" to enjoy my cruising lifestyle. So, no, I am not a paid Celebrity Advocate but I am an unpaid advocate for Celebrity Cruises. Who knows if the Celebrity Advocates program was ever implemented.

I was active on Trip Adviser a few years ago. I did receive one free Trip Adviser sweat shirt for my activity on the site. I was a surprise to me! However it did not prevent me from giving a negative review of some Trip Adviser advertisers (nor did they ask me to give positive reviews).

I have said in other threads that I am going to be using Princess more in the future, even though I don't like them as well as Celebrity, since the Princess itineraries are more convenient for me. I don't beat a horse here about how Celebrity should offer itineraries more convenient for me, I just get on with my life and change cruise lines when appropriate without all the drama.

I think it is interesting that you, hcat, said in the Celebrity Advocates thread, "perhaps this thread is getting too personal for some...positions have been noted and IMHO not much else is left " The same can be said of this thread, positions have been noted and IMHO not much else is left.

Just wondering how many of you who are upset about the elimination of the water will book Aqua again? It's one thing to express your disapproval here on CC but unless you boycott the stateroom class in the future you can't fault Celebrity.

Exactly!

Just more of the same complaints on the same theme. I repeat, if you haven't made your point to Celebrity, you never will! Where is the "beating a dead horse" gif?

Oh my! The problem with "beating a dead horse" is that the horse meat is liable to show up on the Blu menu and called "tenderized Equine Stew."

Hank