Aqua Class Bottle Water?

alolewis

What I would like Celebrity to do (ARE YOU LISTENING CELEBRITY CRUISES?) is establish rotating "focus groups" from their Elite and higher pax across all stateroom categories. I would expect that these focus groups would not be compensated in any manner. This could be done through a scheduled online chat or a conference call consisting of maybe a dozen people at a time. Topics could include:

- what Celebrity is doing right

- what Celebrity could improve on

- garner opinions on proposed new Celebrity programs and changes to policy

- suggestions for new programs and policies

- etc.

I know there are several things I would like to talk about with them!

I remember about three years ago when Michael Bailey, then CEO of Celebrity, came on this Forum and answered pre-screened questions. It was helpful if not completely spontaneous.

That's my position and I'm sticking to it until I change my mind!

Just wondering how many of you who are upset about the elimination of the water will book Aqua again? It's one thing to express your disapproval here on CC but unless you boycott the stateroom class in the future you can't fault Celebrity.

As I've said before, it's not the water alone...it's a combination of things that have led to our no longer booking aqua, after six or seven straight aqua cabins cruises. The menu at Blu hasn't changed, the three little bowls of crudites/dips when you sit down has never changed, the waiters are more stressed, having to wait on more tables, the wine steward (yes 1 on M-class) is hard to find....just once it would be nice to have someone, even a waiter, fill my wine glass. The flowers are gone, the fruit basket has been replaced with three apples (that too never seems to change),..... and the additional cost of aqua just is no longer worth it to us. Did I mention that on S-class ships, 1A cabins are in better locations than the aqua cabins....We have a 1A just off the hump on a 10 day cruise next December with friends and an A2 is $700 a person more.....that's ridiculous. Similar on a transatlantic where we won't have a drink package, so bottled water will cost $'s and the upgrade price is about the same.....crazy!

So yes, we are voting with our $'s and our bookings. Finally, we are voting with our $'s on Celebrity's value proposition given all the take aways, the new entertainment, the lack of live music, the large number of events which are now shopping related and so on...and we who have been loyal celebrity passengers are now booking some cruises on Oceania and other cruise lines....taking some river cruises and doing some "feet on the ground" travelling.

What I would like Celebrity to do (ARE YOU LISTENING CELEBRITY CRUISES?) is establish rotating "focus groups" from their Elite and higher pax across all stateroom categories. I would expect that these focus groups would not be compensated in any manner. This could be done through a scheduled online chat or a conference call consisting of maybe a dozen people at a time. Topics could include:

- etc.

I remember about three years ago when Michael Bailey, then CEO of Celebrity, came on this Forum and answered pre-screened questions. It was helpful if not completely spontaneous.

Why only Elite and higher do you not think the millions in the bilges do not have an opinion also.?:mad:

I hope the time has now come for you to change your mind, I to have many things I would like to add, but bottom line is I enjoy Celebrity and until I do not and think that I am not getting value for money I am with Celebrity 100%.

Oh my! The problem with "beating a dead horse" is that the horse meat is liable to show up on the Blu menu and called "tenderized Equine Stew."

Hank

We needed a laugh!

Nothing personal, other than i just want the water back!

happy in AQ so we will keep booking as long as it fits our needs...we have 3 on tap...

Why only Elite and higher do you not think the millions in the bilges do not have an opinion also.?:mad:

That is a nasty remark. Why so hostile? I know many Elite+ who travel in inside cabins only on the lowest of decks. I suggested Elite and higher because those pax have a dedicated interest in Celebrity Cruises as exhibited by past loyalty rather than a one time passenger who complains that they didn't have garlic bread at the buffet 24 hours a day.

So yes, we are voting with our $'s and our bookings. Finally, we are voting with our $'s on Celebrity's value proposition given all the take aways, the new entertainment, the lack of live music, the large number of events which are now shopping related and so on...and we who have been loyal celebrity passengers are now booking some cruises on Oceania and other cruise lines....taking some river cruises and doing some "feet on the ground" travelling.

Great! I'm happy for you. I hope you find the experience you are looking for at a price you want to pay. It remains to be seen if there is any mass exodus from Celebrity as a result of new policies. I know on our two cruises on Celebrity this year, the price of our Aqua cabin has doubled since we booked which usually means a more limited remaining inventory of those rooms. I have shopped Oceania but I can't justify spending $100 or more per day to get two bottles of water, maybe flowers in the stateroom, and maybe a fruit basket.

Bon voyage.

- etc.

I'm often amused by the apparent self importance perceived by frequent cruisers on this board. It's not that you're not important at all - but you are nowhere near as important as many of you like to believe. I encounter the very same thing on frequent flyer boards I've been active on.

As a frequent flyer, it would never occur to me that the airline would actually change their program to suit my needs. Yes, I do represent a valid market segment - but it's a relatively tiny market segment and one which is catered to through special perks and amenities, not one for which the core business is primarily designed.

Likewise, Celebrity does value your business and rewards your loyalty through the Captain's Club program. They design their core product/program however for their largest and their fastest growing market segments - this is not you.

Have a look at the attached links and see where you fit into their market. The cruisewatch link contains an uncannily accurate description of the Elite and above category of Celebrity cruiser (Admirals) - and note that you "offer less opportunity for growth". The cruising.org link provides some pretty comprehensive demographic data on cruisers but of note is:

1. average number of cruises is 3.8

2. a full 38% of passengers are new cruisers

3. 70% prefer casual elegance (but maybe let's not go there :D)

I have no doubt that Celebrity and other lines regularly host focus groups - but my guess is they choose the participants primarily from 1. their largest and fastest growing market segment and 2. NOT from a website of cruise fanatics/evangelists/critics - we're just not "normal" customers.

So, I suggest you enjoy your complimentary cabin upgrades, canapes and Cosmopolitans but in the meantime, let Celebrity run their business as they see fit - shareholders will be their ultimate judge.

http://www.cruisemarketwatch.com/market/

http://www.cruising.org/docs/default-source/research/clia_naconsumerprofile_2014.pdf

That is a nasty remark. Why so hostile? I know many Elite+ who travel in inside cabins only on the lowest of decks. I suggested Elite and higher because those pax have a dedicated interest in Celebrity Cruises as exhibited by past loyalty rather than a one time passenger who complains that they didn't have garlic bread at the buffet 24 hours a day.

I personally didn't think it was a nasty remark and also question the Elite and higher requirement, I personally took offense to you having that requirement so to each their own.

I would think regardless of what cabin category the Elite or higher sail in w/ all the perks they receive being at that level make their opinions slightly off as to what is nice to be included in the fare or perks given. For me I do like the inclusion of the beverage package as I don't go to Elite happy hour. Also the option of being able to pick the perks of the internet as I don't get that included just being a lowly Classic member. If they are going to do focus groups it would be better to have people from all walks and experiences to see what a wide variety comes up with as value added.

Edited by snyniew

I'm often amused by the apparent self importance perceived by frequent cruisers on this board. It's not that you're not important at all - but you are nowhere near as important as many of you like to believe. I encounter the very same thing on frequent flyer boards I've been active on.

As a frequent flyer, it would never occur to me that the airline would actually change their program to suit my needs. Yes, I do represent a valid market segment - but it's a relatively tiny market segment and one which is catered to through special perks and amenities, not one for which the core business is primarily designed.

Likewise, Celebrity does value your business and rewards your loyalty through the Captain's Club program. They design their core product/program however for their largest and their fastest growing market segments - this is not you.

Have a look at the attached links and see where you fit into their market. The cruisewatch link contains an uncannily accurate description of the Elite and above category of Celebrity cruiser (Admirals) - and note that you "offer less opportunity for growth". The cruising.org link provides some pretty comprehensive demographic data on cruisers but of note is:

1. average number of cruises is 3.8

2. a full 38% of passengers are new cruisers

3. 70% prefer casual elegance (but maybe let's not go there :D)

I have no doubt that Celebrity and other lines regularly host focus groups - but my guess is they choose the participants primarily from 1. their largest and fastest growing market segment and 2. NOT from a website of cruise fanatics/evangelists/critics - we're just not "normal" customers.

So, I suggest you enjoy your complimentary cabin upgrades, canapes and Cosmopolitans but in the meantime, let Celebrity run their business as they see fit - shareholders will be their ultimate judge.

http://www.cruisemarketwatch.com/market/

http://www.cruising.org/docs/default-source/research/clia_naconsumerprofile_2014.pdf

I'm often amused by the apparent self importance perceived by frequent cruisers on this board. It's not that you're not important at all - but you are nowhere near as important as many of you like to believe. You have your self-important opinion, I have mine. :rolleyes:

I'm often amused by the apparent self importance perceived by frequent cruisers on this board. It's not that you're not important at all - but you are nowhere near as important as many of you like to believe. You have your self-important opinion, I have mine. :rolleyes:

We're all entitled to our opinions - facts however, often lessen the value of them.

I personally didn't think it was a nasty remark and also question the Elite and higher requirement, I personally took offense to you having that requirement so to each their own.

I less nasty way of making your point is something like, "That is an interesting proposal, but I would also include passengers with less cruising experience on Celebrity." And I would say in my self-important way, "sure, it could be a focus group with a different point of view." Why do so many posters just want to attack?

Great! I'm happy for you. I hope you find the experience you are looking for at a price you want to pay. It remains to be seen if there is any mass exodus from Celebrity as a result of new policies. I know on our two cruises on Celebrity this year, the price of our Aqua cabin has doubled since we booked which usually means a more limited remaining inventory of those rooms. I have shopped Oceania but I can't justify spending $100 or more per day to get two bottles of water, maybe flowers in the stateroom, and maybe a fruit basket.

Bon voyage.

I don't really care if you're happy for me or not....I was just responding to someone else's statement. Sorry if you don't like my response.

We're all entitled to our opinions - facts however, often lessen the value of them.

Thank you for the links. I did not read everything in depth but scanned the points that caught my eye. It appears that the statistics you quoted apply to the cruise industry at large. I did not see anything that applies specifically to Celebrity. Perhaps I missed and if you would be so kind as to direct me to the citation. Perhaps industry averages can be applied to Celebrity and perhaps not. I don't know. So there are facts and there are lying facts. That's my self-important opinion.

Thank you for the links. I did not read everything in depth but scanned the points that caught my eye. It appears that the statistics you quoted apply to the cruise industry at large. I did not see anything that applies specifically to Celebrity. Perhaps I missed and if you would be so kind as to direct me to the citation. Perhaps industry averages can be applied to Celebrity and perhaps not. I don't know. So there are facts and there are lying facts. That's my self-important opinion.

I would indeed expect some variation amongst lines - with most variation found at the extremes of the spectrum (e.g. high end and budget lines).

I would think regardless of what cabin category the Elite or higher sail in w/ all the perks they receive being at that level make their opinions slightly off as to what is nice to be included in the fare or perks given. For me I do like the inclusion of the beverage package as I don't go to Elite happy hour. Also the option of being able to pick the perks of the internet as I don't get that included just being a lowly Classic member. If they are going to do focus groups it would be better to have people from all walks and experiences to see what a wide variety comes up with as value added.

I less nasty way of making your point is something like, "That is an interesting proposal, but I would also include passengers with less cruising experience on Celebrity." And I would say in my self-important way, "sure, it could be a focus group with a different point of view." Why do so many posters just want to attack?

So you are NOT.

Let me just put this in prospective to become Elite member lets say you book Sky Suite it would take you 37.5 nights cruising to reach Elite status if you book a Varanda Cabin it would take you 100 nights cruising to reach Elite so which group would have the most experience of Celebrity.

So maybe they should do it by nights aboard and class of ship travelled. We will all have our own opinion.

My main point on all this is if you book when they are giving water each day then they should honour this condition of booking. Screen Shot from UK web site 5 February 2016. water7.jpg

Yes I have upgraded to Aqua I am just happy to give it a try for small charge in dollars, what I get is what I get I will take it and be grateful, if however I paid the full price I may feel different.

As I've said before, it's not the water alone...it's a combination of things that have led to our no longer booking aqua, after six or seven straight aqua cabins cruises. The menu at Blu hasn't changed, the three little bowls of crudites/dips when you sit down has never changed, the waiters are more stressed, having to wait on more tables, the wine steward (yes 1 on M-class) is hard to find....just once it would be nice to have someone, even a waiter, fill my wine glass. The flowers are gone, the fruit basket has been replaced with three apples (that too never seems to change),..... and the additional cost of aqua just is no longer worth it to us. Did I mention that on S-class ships, 1A cabins are in better locations than the aqua cabins....We have a 1A just off the hump on a 10 day cruise next December with friends and an A2 is $700 a person more.....that's ridiculous. Similar on a transatlantic where we won't have a drink package, so bottled water will cost $'s and the upgrade price is about the same.....crazy!

Good for you for putting your money where your mouth is. Wishing you many wonderful sailings in the future.

Good for you for putting your money where your mouth is. Wishing you many wonderful sailings in the future.

And some of them will be on Celebrity, just likely not in aqua, at least on S-class ships. Deck 11 is still appealing on the m-class and that's A1.

And some of them will be on Celebrity, just likely not in aqua, at least on S-class ships. Deck 11 is still appealing on the m-class and that's A1.

Seems like a lot of the dissatisfaction is coming from booking Aqua. Waiting to read reviews about the aft rooms on deck 11 once the terrace is set up on M class ships.

Seems like a lot of the dissatisfaction is coming from booking Aqua. Waiting to read reviews about the aft rooms on deck 11 once the terrace is set up on M class ships.

No dissatisfaction from most of the people I talked to while onboard Infinity. We were in 1141. Here is my review: Infinity Rooftop Terrace

I don't really care if you're happy for me or not....I was just responding to someone else's statement. Sorry if you don't like my response.

I like your response. It is the logical thing to do. I hope you find what you are looking for even though you don't care if I hope you find what you are looking for.