Bonnie - Why such a huge cancellation fee in UK?

Glenndale

Thanks everyone for pointing out the error on our website, under Cancellation Fees. It is correct as of this morning.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/you-board/pricing-policies

Thank you, Bonnie!

Now for the next burning question. What about cruises that are booked in 2015 for a cruise that is in 2016/2017? At the time of booking the cancellation fee was $25 per person before final payment, and is stated as such on the invoice. But the cruise occurs in 2016/2017 which has a $50 per person cancellation fee.

What would the cancellation fee be?

Thanks!

Edited by pcur

Thank you, Bonnie!

Now for the next burning question. What about cruises that are booked in 2015 for a cruise that is in 2016/2017? At the time of booking the cancellation fee was $25 per person before final payment, and is stated as such on the invoice. But the cruise occurs in 2016/2017 which has a $50 per person cancellation fee. What would the cancellation fee be?

Thanks!

Hi Peggy, the rule of thumb we use is this:

If you booked under the original $25 cancellation fee, and no change has been made to the original booking, we will honor the original $25 cancellation fee should you need to cancel.

If you have a 2017 voyage booked and in the interim you change your existing booking somehow (a different category or a different voyage, or a different special promotional fare, etc.) the system will update that booking with any/all new terms that apply.

Hi Peggy, the rule of thumb we use is this:

If you booked under the original $25 cancellation fee, and no change has been made to the original booking, we will honor the original $25 cancellation fee should you need to cancel.

If you have a 2017 voyage booked and in the interim you change your existing booking somehow (a different category or a different voyage, or a different special promotional fare, etc.) the system will update that booking with any/all new terms that apply.

Thanks again, Bonnie! My booking is "pristine", so to speak, so right now the $25 pp fee applies.

Due to UK penalties I have never taken a cruise except at last minute. Have got some great deals this way. Recommended if you can do this. Also means I have taken more cruises than if I had had to pay full price. Cannot imagine booking my holidays 2 years in advance. Could be dead by then!

The problem with last minute bookings is that if it involves International Travel what you have saved on the cruise you may pay in last minute airfare both in $$ and in getting descents flights & seats. And forget about getting upgrades to a better class of service or being able to use your Frequent Flier miles for free tickets.

The problem with last minute bookings is that if it involves International Travel what you have saved on the cruise you may pay in last minute airfare both in $$ and in getting descents flights & seats. And forget about getting upgrades to a better class of service or being able to use your Frequent Flier miles for free tickets.

Not necessarily true. There are cruises that come packaged with flights, even within a month of sailing. You have to be prepared for flexibility of course, but it can work if you have this.

Phil

The key word there is "not necessarily" if you want mileage tickets and upgrades and a choice of seats you need to have air in place as early as possible. I book my Free mileage tickets about 300 days out or as soon as ticketing is open. Obviously my experience may be different than yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting - your comment about shareholder credit. We bought shares in RC specifically to benefit from shareholder credit. When I wrote to RC with a list of our cruises, together with proof of our shareholding, they told me that none of our cruises (Celebrity Eclipse x 2 and Azamara Journey x1) qualified for any shareholder benefits. So, we have sold the shares! We have had the Celebrity Eclipse cruises, but now have 3 Azamara Cruises booked, but no shareholder benefits to look forward to!

I appreciate this is slightly off subject, however it is relevant to the RCCL group terms and conditions.

I have always paid final payment for a Celebrity or Azamara between 10 and 12 weeks before departure.

However, we depart in less than two weeks on Celebrity Eclipse and we booked with the German online TA that always shows all the available staterooms. (its the TA that lots of posters are always asking the name of).

Final payment was exactly four week before departure, and the credit card that I used won't need payed until three days before we arrive home.

I appreciate this is slightly off subject, however it is relevant to the RCCL group terms and conditions.

I have always paid final payment for a Celebrity or Azamara between 10 and 12 weeks before departure.

However, we depart in less than two weeks on Celebrity Eclipse and we booked with the German online TA that always shows all the available staterooms. (its the TA that lots of posters are always asking the name of).

Final payment was exactly four week before departure, and the credit card that I used won't need payed until three days before we arrive home.

Maybe some agencies pay on statement terms, so only pay full amounts at a different stage to anyone who has to pay at final balance due date. Or maybe they just have different terms set in Germany. Who knows.