Purchasing air from Carnival for day of cruise

sister jo

My PVP quoted me a great price from CLE to Miami if I fly in the day of our Sept.12 cruise on the Breeze. The problem is she couldn't give me flight times unless I agree to purchase. Huh? We purchased Choice Air from RCI and could see all flights listed. Any thoughts? We would purchase insurance so we are assured of making the cruise. Flights are really expensive and this is a good price. Any input on your experiences is appreciated.

My PVP quoted me a great price from CLE to Miami if I fly in the day of our Sept.12 cruise on the Breeze. The problem is she couldn't give me flight times unless I agree to purchase. Huh? We purchased Choice Air from RCI and could see all flights listed. Any thoughts? We would purchase insurance so we are assured of making the cruise. Flights are really expensive and this is a good price. Any input on your experiences is appreciated.

You can pay a deviation fee and fly in the day before.

Ask pvp if includes insurance in case you get bumped. They usually get space available seating on the airline so they won't know the flight or seat availability until they hit the book button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Troublemaker47

Using Carnival is really hit-or-miss with the flights they get you, depending on your origin. It will be a really early departure and may have up to 2 stops. CLE to MIA is a pretty good route with plenty of 1-stop flights, so I would take it if the price was right.

We just did this for our cruise on 4/4/2015. Being Easter flights were hard to come by and expensive. Carnival got us on better flights than I could find at much cheaper prices. We flew into Miami scheduled to land at 1:23 (landed a half-hour early!) for a cruise leaving at 4 PM. We checked in at the airport and took a transfer. If doing this again I would still check in at the airport but I would take a cab. The transfer is a bus and they wait to fill it up. We were the last group to board and would have been there MUCH earlier with a cab. I recommend getting insurance and using only carry-on. Flying with Carnival means that they will either hold the ship for you OR take care of you and get you to the next port. Make sure you have a passport just in case. We booked with our PVP and did not find out flight info for a few days. They generally get the flight info out within 30 (?) days of your cruise. Ignore the people who will tell you to ONLY fly out the day before your cruise. Things may go wrong but it will all end up OK and you will have great stories. We can't always fly out the day before for many reasons and that is why insurance was invented. TravelGuard is a good company. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

We just did this for our cruise on 4/4/2015. Being Easter flights were hard to come by and expensive. Carnival got us on better flights than I could find at much cheaper prices. We flew into Miami scheduled to land at 1:23 (landed a half-hour early!) for a cruise leaving at 4 PM. We checked in at the airport and took a transfer. If doing this again I would still check in at the airport but I would take a cab. The transfer is a bus and they wait to fill it up. We were the last group to board and would have been there MUCH earlier with a cab. I recommend getting insurance and using only carry-on. Flying with Carnival means that they will either hold the ship for you OR take care of you and get you to the next port. Make sure you have a passport just in case. We booked with our PVP and did not find out flight info for a few days. They generally get the flight info out within 30 (?) days of your cruise. Ignore the people who will tell you to ONLY fly out the day before your cruise. Things may go wrong but it will all end up OK and you will have great stories. We can't always fly out the day before for many reasons and that is why insurance was invented. TravelGuard is a good company. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

If you miss the ship and the cruise starts with two days at sea your cruise is 3 days earlier than you planned on.

If anyone around this would never plan to arrive day of cruise, too risky.

If you miss the ship and the cruise starts with two days at sea your cruise is 3 days earlier than you planned on.

If anyone around this would never plan to arrive day of cruise, too risky.

Here's an interesting tale of someone who missed the ship and booked thru EZ Air with Princess sailing out of Los Angeles.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2175456&highlight=our+most+excellent+adventure

They were out some money because they had to spend the night in Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully Insurance reimbursed them their out of pocket expenses.

Edited by SadieN

Here's an interesting tale of someone who missed the ship and booked thru EZ Air with Princess sailing out of Los Angeles.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2175456&highlight=our+most+excellent+adventure

They were out some money because they had to spend the night in Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully Insurance reimbursed them their out of pocket expenses.

I read the first two pages and wow.

We will be flying to LA in DEc for a cruise to Hawaii and considered Princess EZ Air but if we do so would insist on getting there a day early.

I read the first two pages and wow.

We will be flying to LA in DEc for a cruise to Hawaii and considered Princess EZ Air but if we do so would insist on getting there a day early.

Pretty sure they offer a deviation fee for flying in a day before also (I agree on the philosophy tho...).

Pretty sure they offer a deviation fee for flying in a day before also (I agree on the philosophy tho...).

If you are paying a "deviation" fee to fly in the day before, wouldn't it just be cheaper to book your own airfare for the day before?

If you are paying a "deviation" fee to fly in the day before, wouldn't it just be cheaper to book your own airfare for the day before?

Our Carnival PVP recommended to us to book our own flights since she said we could get better flights times, etc. Was looking at a Hawaii cruise at the time.

Purchasing air from Carnival for day of cruise

When I saw this title, before reading the post, my first thought was "They're selling water for $2.99 a case. I wonder how much they're charging for the air? " :D:D