Question about freeport Grand Lucayan for anyone just there...

Rainbowfalls

We are leaving Sunday and will be in Freeport Thursday. I will let you know when I get back!

That would be great as I would like to know too. I am going in 2 months with hubby and our friends. We were thinking of getting the pass through Shore Excursioneer but are leary they are selling something that's not valid.

Also, could you let us know how you got there and how much? There's supposed to be a shuttle for $5, but we'd like to know how to find the shuttle at the port (is it easy to find, etc.).

Have a great cruise!

By amenities I just mean the ones at the hotel such as their pools, etc. I don't know what the beach was called but it's the same one that the Grand Lucayan backs up to. The people that normally give you the day passes told us to keep walking straight past the police station, make a left and walk all the way down. I'd say it was about an 8 minute walk or so. Same beach. We just walked back down towards the hotel once we got to the public access point. There were workers policing the lounge chairs to make sure that if you weren't part of a hotel, that you could not use them. So a bunch of people just laid towels out in the sand and it was just fine.

Thanks

I am now so confused I received an email back from island marketing and they said they are still offering passes but if the resort itself is saying no I don't want to go ahead and put something down or pay for something that I wont be able to use.

If we weren't going to go there I was just planning on staying on the ship and port area. The e-tickets look legit and I called the resort and they said since I had prepurchased they "may" let us in. The deposit was only $14 for the 4 of us and if it fails we'll just go to the public beach and the market place. Hoping for the best!

If we weren't going to go there I was just planning on staying on the ship and port area. The e-tickets look legit and I called the resort and they said since I had prepurchased they "may" let us in. The deposit was only $14 for the 4 of us and if it fails we'll just go to the public beach and the market place. Hoping for the best!

We got our eticket today. We are on Fascination and will be in Freeport on Aug 27. Hope yours works(and ours too). We'll be on the Sunshine in November for the first time on that ship. Enjoy your cruise and keep me posted--please. Thanks ----Susan

We got our eticket today. We are on Fascination and will be in Freeport on Aug 27. Hope yours works(and ours too). We'll be on the Sunshine in November for the first time on that ship. Enjoy your cruise and keep me posted--please. Thanks ----Susan

I would love to know what happened with the E tickets. I am in Freeport on September 7th and was planning on taking my family to the Grand Lucayan. Any info anyone could give would be helpful.:)

I would love to know what happened with the E tickets. I am in Freeport on September 7th and was planning on taking my family to the Grand Lucayan. Any info anyone could give would be helpful.:)

My family and I will be there this day as well. I am anxious to hear more.

At Grand Lucayan now. The e-tickets are legit; however, today they are selling day passes here.

How much is it per person to get from port to the resort and back? I am trying to figure out how much cash to bring with me off the boat.

I just got an email from Taino Beach Resort. They sell day passes for $20.. You can buy them at the front desk or ahead. It is a $6 RT ferry ride from Port

Lucaya.

Has anyone been there?

What email address did you use to get in touch with them. We will be in Freeport at the end of September and would love to go there. We have been a couple of other times.

Thanks, Larry

Sublarry

We were at the resort just last month. It is the 2nd time we booked with shore excursioneer company. The resort honors their bookings (they had several bookings on that day from the same company) but they no longer offer day passes to walk-ins. They did not tell me why. Anyways....it was great! We no longer book through the cruise line, their prices are just ridiculous. This company has the best prices and everything worked out so far. FYI :cool:

Worked well. Not sure if they were offering walk-ins. Nice resort but would probably not go there again.

Curious to know why you wouldn't go back. We are there for Labor Day so I need to make the decision whether to get the e-tickets for Grand Lucayan or Taino beach. Any feedback you have would be great!