Bringing own food onboard

I think you're getting the response you are because of the terminology you are using. The term "cordial" in the US refers to an alcoholic drink. It sounds as if you are asking to bring along a raspberry flavo(u)red beverage or beverage additive. I don't really think it is going to be a problem.

Terminology can make a world of difference. Ask for a biscuit in the US, and you are not asking for a sweet treat. You will get a leavened bread product with the intention of typically adding butter, jelly, jam, or savory addons. A biscuit in other parts of the world are cookies in the US. Just a matter of difference in terminology can make a difference in what you receive.

Even with possible confusion on the terms they are getting the answers straight out of the handbook. Really no different than calling and asking a rep if you can bring water on board...the answer will be "no" but we all know that policy is rarely enforced.

Even with possible confusion on the terms they are getting the answers straight out of the handbook. Really no different than calling and asking a rep if you can bring water on board...the answer will be "no" but we all know that policy is rarely enforced.

Yeah, well, there is that little detail too.......I was referring to what might actually be enforced, but wasn't specific as to that.

Heck I'm an adult and since I have to fly to all cruise ports there is always, mini boxes of cheerios; sugar pop; fruit loops in my carry-on. One never knows when there will be a flight delay, especially with winter travel.:) Used to bring trail mix but it's missing to eat and with restrictions on nuts, etc the cereal works better and can snack on in hotel room or your cabin.:D

FYI: for the longest time, Rose's Lime Juice was bottled and named Rose's Lime Cordial (no booze in that!) here in Canada.

Oh hahaa sorry did not know cordial meant alcoholic. ok might put one in luggage if they take it they take it!! Thank you. I presume they sell snacks on board just not sure how fussy little one will be..!!!

Put all snacks and liquid items in your carry-on.

There are now an amazing amount of crystal individual items that can enhance the water! I bought a small 10pk of individual packet of lemonade crystals, so Mom can make it back in the cabin.

Has anyone tried getting those small liquid water enhancer items on? Technically I assume they are banned. At least during school breaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I explained to them rasberry cordial was to be used sort of for medicinal purposes, for those non Australians amongst us, it is believed to help prevent 'Bali Belly' (and this may have some scientific merit according to my friends husband who is a scientist)

That's interesting. Does it work do you think?

FYI: for the longest time, Rose's Lime Juice was bottled and named Rose's Lime Cordial (no booze in that!) here in Canada.

And given the amount of added sugar it should still be called a cordial, not a juice IMHO.

Hi just read this post I presume your from the UK if you are the lemonade is a strong version of our Robinsons drinks, which I think would be too strong for little one. we're back from Explorer in June and there's some flavoured water in the windjammer that might be suitable but I don't think you'd have ny problem at all taking your own juice on board in your carry on The only time it's screened is at Southampton before you board ( airport style) and I've never had any trouble taking anything on board it's only alcohol there bothered about. it's only at foreign ports that your bags are screened on the ship and even then you'd be fine taking bottle of juice back on board and prepacked snacks.( no fresh food or fruit is allowed.)

Sorry just read back and realised your from Australia , my mistake just ignore this post lol. Have a great time with your little one. There will be lots they can eat Rci are good with little ones

Edited by jennywren46
Need to delete

That's interesting. Does it work do you think?

We believe in Australia it does work. We have always taken it on holidays with us & rarely get "Bali Belly" alot of Aussies do it.

I think you're getting the response you are because of the terminology you are using. The term "cordial" in the US refers to an alcoholic drink. It sounds as if you are asking to bring along a raspberry flavo(u)red beverage or beverage additive. I don't really think it is going to be a problem.

Terminology can make a world of difference. Ask for a biscuit in the US, and you are not asking for a sweet treat. You will get a leavened bread product with the intention of typically adding butter, jelly, jam, or savory addons. A biscuit in other parts of the world are cookies in the US. Just a matter of difference in terminology can make a difference in what you receive.

I think you're right, the first time I had KFC in Singapore about 35 years ago they had biscuits on the menu, I thought sweet biscuits (cookies). Image how delighted I was to find the KFC came with warm crispy buttered scones! It was a once off unfortunately, never seen it since.

I did tell them it was non alcoholic, but they answered the question according to rules that RC in the US give them, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an Australian office for RC unless you are a travel agent.

We believe in Australia it does work. We have always taken it on holidays with us & rarely get "Bali Belly" alot of Aussies do it.

I'm a frequent traveling Aussie and have never heard that one. Would be interested to know if it works (not that I get BB very often - think Egypt was the only place). Does any brand work better than another?

We travel with a diabetic and two food allergy passengers, so we always bring snacks along to keep everyone healthy. No one at RCCL has ever said anything when we board with a bag carry-on full of snacks.

The rules say no, and the agents will say no, but the port agents will not have a problem with what you are describing. We've cruised for many years now and when my Grandson was small, we always carried snacks for "just in case" (mostly for the flight). Never had a problem with taking the powder additives for water. Here it's Crystal Light. They have a lemon and a raspberry flavor packet that you add to water to flavor it. When on the ship, we found that the individual packages of the cereal, saltine crackers, fruit and cookies (biscuits for you) were easy to get. You can even get the cereal and cookies from room service (no charge..just a tip). We always kept a couple of snacks in the cabin for him.

I'm a frequent traveling Aussie and have never heard that one. Would be interested to know if it works (not that I get BB very often - think Egypt was the only place). Does any brand work better than another?

Apparently Anchor works best - but has to be full strength not sugar free. Another tip we were told a yakult drink everyday line your stomach with the country's bacteria 😊

I had to pack snacks for my son and I due to dietary restrictions / food allergies. I must say, RCI was wonderful with meeting our needs onboard! I had correctly predicted, however, that things would be quite difficult when we went into ports. Snacks are vital when we travel!