Booking question

Mapomp

(apologies in advance if this is the wrong board)

I'm looking at a specific Regal cruise. I'm following prices at a couple of different websites, including Princess. If I book with Princess, can I later switch my booking to an (online) travel website? If so, how? And then, if I can do that, can I switch again (from online agent) to Princess?

Yes, I obsess about things. I especially love obsessing about future cruises when I'm not on one!

MA

(apologies in advance if this is the wrong board)

I'm looking at a specific Regal cruise. I'm following prices at a couple of different websites, including Princess. If I book with Princess, can I later switch my booking to an (online) travel website? If so, how? And then, if I can do that, can I switch again (from online agent) to Princess?

Yes, I obsess about things. I especially love obsessing about future cruises when I'm not on one!

MA

Yes you can switch to a TA from Princess.

After making your booking with Princess advise them what TA it is and that you want to transfer. Then notify the TA to take over the booking.

Think it gets a little more complicated if you try and switch back.

You would have to ask Princess about that.

If you want to switch back to Princess from a TA:

o The TA may have cancellation fees of any booking with them, so find out about this before giving a booking to a TA

o Any special pricing or amenities that the TA had will not transfer to Princess. You will pay the full applicable Princess price.

o Any switching would need to be done before final payment date. This is true Princess to TA or TA to Princess.

When I did this it wasn't a big deal. If you've made any payment to Princess the transfer request/instructions needs to be in writing. That letter can be mailed or faxed to Princess

When checking prices online, be aware that Princess does not allow TAs or any agents to promote or advertise a cruise fare different from what Princess is selling the cabin for. You need to request a quote in order to get a discounted or different fare. Some TAs can save you 10-20% off the Princess fare.

Thanks for the replies. It makes it much easier for me to decide how/when to book, since I definitely have my eye on a certain cabin. (and I'm going to be sure to mark it "no upgrades please!)

Perhaps I am missing something here. I fully understand why someone might want to change their Princess booking to a TA as the TA is then paid a commission and may pass some of that to you. But I can't think of a reason to change a booking from your TA back to Princess unless maybe the TA had gone out of business in the interim. Has anyone ever made that change?

Perhaps I am missing something here. I fully understand why someone might want to change their Princess booking to a TA as the TA is then paid a commission and may pass some of that to you. But I can't think of a reason to change a booking from your TA back to Princess unless maybe the TA had gone out of business in the interim. Has anyone ever made that change?

Maybe if one gets PO'd at the TA? :eek:

You know, after reading the reply above, I realize there probably wouldn't be a reason to switch back to Princess. Initially I was thinking about a case of Princess having a "new sale", but now I realize that if Princess has a sale, the TA's would also have the same deal.

Guess this is a case of over-thinking? (or maybe not thinking enough, lol).

Thanks again!

MA

You know, after reading the reply above, I realize there probably wouldn't be a reason to switch back to Princess. Initially I was thinking about a case of Princess having a "new sale", but now I realize that if Princess has a sale, the TA's would also have the same deal.

Guess this is a case of over-thinking? (or maybe not thinking enough, lol).

Thanks again!

MA

If you do move the booking to a TA I would strongly suggest that you still keep on top of pricing changes. A really good TA will do that for you but often people end up having to contact their TA and request to be refared to the new prices.

Also do not ever use a TA that charges you for changes of any kind. Your TA should never charge you.

Edited by Thrak