No Serenity on the Conquest?

WindsorFred

Just booked Conquest for a B2B and looking at the ship, comparing it to Freedom, I see that they do not show a Serenity area. Is there at least an adults only area?

We did a B2B on Liberty in 2014 & loved the Serenity Deck. This past January we did B2B on Conquest & we sure missed not having a Serenity Deck. We had been scheduled for B2B on Freedom, but they switched us when they sent Freedom to Texas.

The adult only area that was spoken about is the indoor pool at the back of the ship.....however that is also the same room where 24 hour pizza is located and kids are allowed to eat pizza at the tables in the room. So if you really want to be away from kids this won't really cut it.

I think a lot of Carnival's passengers share your sentiment, Fred. Serenity is considered an essential by most.

Not really an essential for us but we will miss it. It won't "ruin" our cruise at all but would have been nice to get away from the kids.

The adult only area that was spoken about is the indoor pool at the back of the ship.....however that is also the same room where 24 hour pizza is located and kids are allowed to eat pizza at the tables in the room. So if you really want to be away from kids this won't really cut it.

The aft adults only pool is not an indoor pool. There is a retractable roof that can be closed if it is raining, however when it is nice, the roof is opened and there is sun shining down!

So since Conquest is the same deck plans as the other Conquest class ships, what is where Serenity is on all the others? Just open deck space? Are there any chairs, hammocks, or hot tubs? Just that are open to anyone instead of being adults only?

I really enjoy the Serenity deck, but I've found that on the Conquest-class ships, unless you're all the way forward you get a lot of noise from the Lido area anyway.

It just isn't very serene.

I just find somewhere up on Deck 10 along the outside between aft and midship. Convenient to the upper lido eating area (to get coffee/water) and there's usually some sun and shade.

So since Conquest is the same deck plans as the other Conquest class ships, what is where Serenity is on all the others? Just open deck space? Are there any chairs, hammocks, or hot tubs? Just that are open to anyone instead of being adults only?

Yep, just an open area that is just missing the hammocks, chairs and hot tubs ;). Since there really wasn't anything to draw people there, it remained empty most of the time. There were plenty of lounge chairs and shade from the overhang for a quiet place to relax. While they aren't the big clam shells and teal decor, its certainly an area where you won't find many people, let alone kids.

Even better is deck 3 which rarely had anyone on it. It isn't a full promenade area that you can walk the entire ship, so a walk aft becomes a dead end that most people don't walk. Rarely saw anyone there, and certainly no kids to be found.

Yep, just an open area that is just missing the hammocks, chairs and hot tubs ;). Since there really wasn't anything to draw people there, it remained empty most of the time. There were plenty of lounge chairs and shade from the overhang for a quiet place to relax. While they aren't the big clam shells and teal decor, its certainly an area where you won't find many people, let alone kids.

Even better is deck 3 which rarely had anyone on it. It isn't a full promenade area that you can walk the entire ship, so a walk aft becomes a dead end that most people don't walk. Rarely saw anyone there, and certainly no kids to be found.

Since serenity is so popular very strange that Conquest didnt get it. Wouldnt think it would take that many dollars to add.

The strange part of it is that there is certainly room for it on deck 11 and 12 which now is pretty empty all day.

Well, it certainly wasn't empty on the 5/31 sailing. I ventured up there, knowing there was no Serenity area, but hoping it wouldn't be full.

It was packed. AND there were tons of kids because the ping-pong table is there. AND the stairs up to the slide is there. So there were wet kids running around all the time. AND there was the noise blaring from the giant TV.

I stayed about 10 minutes then went down to Deck 3 outside. If you don't want to bake or broil in the sun all day, that's a good place to find some peace and quiet, usually. As long as THE LOUD COUPLE don't show up and sit next to you. :p

They put very few loungers down there and maintenance is often working, but that is another option.

Having the pizza place and an ice cream place by the adults only pool and hot tubs does take a little away from the area.

Just my .02, but having walls and windows and a 1/2 ceiling in the area takes away from it too. The aft pool seemed to be a fairly crowded area with lots of chairs and tables and stuff. The ceiling and walls added to that for me. Might be neat on a dreary sea day, but then you'd probably have even more people in there!

Either way, LOTS of places that you can find a bit of "Serenity," just not the officially branded space.

Just booked Conquest for a B2B and looking at the ship, comparing it to Freedom, I see that they do not show a Serenity area. Is there at least an adults only area?

We just came off the Conquest from the July4th sailing. Hubby and I loved the ship and although it did not have the serenity deck, we did not care because we preferred the adults only pool and 2 hot tubs. The roof is retracktable and was closed twice during this 8 day cruise.

Yes, it is by the pizza place, but there were no kids "running around" making noise. As a matter of fact, they must have gone elsewhere to eat it because rarely did we see any kids sitting at the tables in that area.

Make sure you don't miss the "Epic Rock" show. It was great!

Happy Sailing!!