Fridge alcohol

We have only been on one cruise, Disney. We are heading out on royal Caribbean, independence of the sea in August. My question is about the refrigerator units in the rooms. I was told that they are supplied with liquor. I am wanting to know with what type, how much, and the price? I am looking at staying up all night and seeing the sun come up. I may want to indulge in an adult beverage. How late are the bars open? Thank you for any insight you might be able to provide.

You will find beer and those tiny, single serve bottles of different kinds of alcohol plus some soda. You can order a bottle of alcohol and/or wine BEFORE you get on board. Then it will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin.

But if you drink all night, will you be awake to watch the sun come up? I'd go to bed and have a wake up call before the sunrise. The time of the sunrise and set will be in your daily brochure you get each night for the next day.

You will find beer and those tiny, single serve bottles of different kinds of alcohol plus some soda. You can order a bottle of alcohol and/or wine BEFORE you get on board. Then it will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin.

But if you drink all night, will you be awake to watch the sun come up? I'd go to bed and have a wake up call before the sunrise. The time of the sunrise and set will be in your daily brochure you get each night for the next day.

wrong.

Royal does NOT supply alcohol of any sort in the rooms, and you may NOT purchase or bring any liquor for in room consumption, in room prices for sodas and bottled water in the fridges are stupid high.

at least one bar will be open late( 1 or 2 am) and at least one bar is open by 8 am for those morning bloody marys.

you are allowed to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per cabin for consumption anywhere on board( no corkage fee)

room service has limited alcohol options, at bar prices. deliveries between midnight and 5 am incur a service charge

... Royal does NOT supply alcohol of any sort in the rooms, and you may NOT purchase or bring any liquor for in room consumption, in room prices for sodas and bottled water in the fridges are stupid high ...

Are you saying that the in-room fridge does not have those tiny bottles of alcohol???

Are you saying that if you purchase an alcoholic beverage at a bar you may not bring it to your room??

Edited by NMLady

Are you saying that the in-room fridge does not have those tiny bottles of alcohol???

Are you saying that if you purchase an alcoholic beverage at a bar you may not bring it to your room??

no tiny bottles of alcohol( wine or liquor) in the in room fridge, which is more a cooler and less a fridge

a single drink purchased on board can be taken anywhere.

you may NOT, however bring a BOTTLE of Liquor on board, or purchase one on board, to open and drink in your cabin. the only pre buying you can do to have in the room is wine/champagne. any liquor you buy on or off the ship will be held for you until the night before the cruise ends.

OP did go ahead and posted this on the RCI board, but to add to this current line of discussion, the prices for the cans of soda in the mini-fridge are exactly the same as they are at any bar. With gratuity, they work out to about $2.88 per can of soda. I do not think that is any higher than at any land-based bar or restaurant. *shrug* If one does not purchase the soda package, this is a good option if you only want a soda once in a while, like I do.

Additionally, Royal's Anthem and Quantum do have mini bottles of alcohol in the mini-fridge for purchase.

RCI has NO alcohol in the "minibar"....just sodas and candies. You cannot buy a bottle for your room, nor will they allow you to bring anything except 2 bottles of wine. If you want to drink in your cabin, you can certainly buy what you want at a bar and take it to your cabin.