Aft??

We have an AFT Balcony Cabin #1692 booked on the Navigator. RCCL just opened up AFT JS Cabins on Decks 6 & 7...for a few dollars LESS than what I booked the D1 for....would you switch even though it says obstructed view for all the available AFT JS's?

Thanks!

Edited by Ollie_WA

We have an AFT Balcony Cabin #1692 booked on the Navigator. RCCL just opened up AFT JS Cabins on Decks 6 & 7...for a few dollars LESS than what I booked the D1 for....would you switch even though it says unobstructed view for all the available AFT JS's?

Thanks!

Did I read this correctly - they have a JS AFT for less that a regular AFT? I would switch for sure. Why not?

We have an AFT Balcony Cabin #1692 booked on the Navigator. RCCL just opened up AFT JS Cabins on Decks 6 & 7...for a few dollars LESS than what I booked the D1 for....would you switch even though it says unobstructed view for all the available AFT JS's?

Thanks!

I would not switch to an aft JS on that class of ship, they are setback in the ship. i would stick with the D1.

This link will show you what I mean:

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_7-JS/gallery.html

Did I read this correctly - they have a JS AFT for less that a regular AFT? I would switch for sure. Why not?

YES you are correct...but it does say the view is obstructed....just checking if that is a BIG deal. I already called my TA and she is checking on it!

BUT my D1 IS an AFT...is the view better higher on deck 10 where we are now?

If you stand at the railing of your D1, you will be at the railing at the back of the ship. The JS cabins on deck 6 and deck seven are behind a large gray open space area that you have no access to, so when you are at your railing you are behind that area.

Look at the aft balcony selector in the link. Look at the balcony pictures, you will see what I am trying to explain. The for deck 6 balcony pictures really explain it, look at the lady in the robe.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-JS/gallery.html

Edited by reallyitsmema

If you stand at the railing of your D1, you will be at the railing at the back of the ship. The JS cabins on deck 6 and deck seven are behind a large gray open space area that you have no access to, so when you are at your railing you are behind that area.

Look at the aft balcony selector in the link. Look at the balcony pictures, you will see what I am trying to explain. The for deck 6 balcony pictures really explain it, look at the lady in the robe.

I have seen these before...I think we actually stayed in one on Deck 6...I was just curious if other people would switch to a JS for less money with less of a view.

Thank you for the info....and rattling my memory! ;)

I agree, I would move for the extra benefits of a JS. However, if you are going someplace where the view is to die for....maybe not. But absent that - I personally would switch.

Lisa, we are cruising to the Caribbean again...we have done this route many times. We just love to sit out on the balcony for the "sound" not so much the view!

Now if only my TA would let me know if we could switch...our cruise is in September!

I have seen these before...I think we actually stayed in one on Deck 6...I was just curious if other people would switch to a JS for less money with less of a view.

Thank you for the info....and rattling my memory! ;)

We would absolutely switch. Bigger room, larger balcony, double points. Yes, the view is impacted a little but not enough to take away from it.

Lisa, we are cruising to the Caribbean again...we have done this route many times. We just love to sit out on the balcony for the "sound" not so much the view!

Now if only my TA would let me know if we could switch...our cruise is in September!

Good luck. :)

YES you are correct...but it does say the view is obstructed....just checking if that is a BIG deal. I already called my TA and she is checking on it!

This is Freedom Aft JS, deck 7. Pretty much the same. Don't forget cabin itself is bigger as well. f246a7ac986e54a5664463966ddd8f6e.jpgf2bb14e7115a31738464e44d8250b290.jpg88a6dcdcf70923dcb9a493b6c6d45a23.jpg5193bef73bd6cf8858d7f61daa7471df.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk