HAL Tile Collection in The Netherlands

hallorot

As you know Holland America Line hands out ceramic Delft Blue tiles in various forms and shapes, as part of their Mariner Society Rewards Program. Since there is no accurate administration, it is not exactly known how many different tiles have been produced on behalf of the company. On my website http://www.tonrijppaert.nl you can find an accurate inventory of the HAL tiles. The website is bilingual and shows 310 tiles thus far collected. Every first day of the month the picture on the homepage will be renewed and in the first week of every month I make an update with a further description in the menu News, depending on eventual new acquisitions. Comments, suggestions or report of missing tiles are most welcome.

Happy cruising to all of you,

Ton Rijppaert, **** Mariner,

Great website!

Are the new tiles already being issued? I was hoping to complete the old series first!

I will be on board next week, hoping to maybe get the old tile, or even one of each?

I wasn’t expecting the new tiles until next year, with the addition of Koningsdam and probably revealing the name of the sister ship at the same time!

Edited by Alphen

Great website!

Are the new tiles already being issued? I was hoping to complete the old series first!

I will be on board next week, hoping to maybe get the old tile, or even one of each?

I wasn’t expecting the new tiles until next year, with the addition of Koningsdam and probably revealing the name of the sister ship at the same time!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, HAL is now handing out the 2015-2016 series. Do you miss tiles in the 2012-2014 series (also the Stephen J. Card tiles)? Contact me on my website, and don't hesitate to do it in Dutch! Bon Voyage. Ton

Hello Ton!

Have you got this one? ;)

Stephen

Also thanks for your reply. No, I don't have this tile in my collection, but I have the photo of it. The tile is designed by a nice gentleman from Bermuda, a famous maritime painter whose paintings adorn the main staircases of the HAL fleet. I mentioned him in the menu Mariner Collection (series 2012-2014 and 2015-2016. I will send him a mail tonight. Also bon voyage to you! Ton.

We love Delft Blue (and have visited Delft). We look forward to the tile on each voyage and have quite a few around the house! Great website - I forwarded to my dad who still can read and speak Dutch.

Hello both of you. Thanks, it is always nice to receive a reply from people with Dutch roots. In a week I hope to update my website with a tile from 1913! Regards from a very windy Rotterdam.

Hartstikke goeie web site, bedankt!/Awesome website, thanks!

Wow Copper, 1264 days at sea with HAL. You also must have a lot of tiles. Perhaps you made the Amsterdam World Cruise 2011? The first time that Royal Goedewaagen designed oval tiles, and just this one I don't have in my collection! Again Bon Voyage. Ton.

Wow Copper, 1264 days at sea with HAL. You also must have a lot of tiles. Perhaps you made the Amsterdam World Cruise 2011? The first time that Royal Goedewaagen designed oval tiles, and just this one I don't have in my collection! Again Bon Voyage. Ton.

Copper is not only counting his pleasure days I guess :D

Thank you for you kind reply, I will see which tile I will be receiving after friday and may be contacting you through your website.

as you know holland america line hands out ceramic delft blue tiles in various forms and shapes, as part of their mariner society rewards program. Since there is no accurate administration, it is not exactly known how many different tiles have been produced on behalf of the company. On my website http://www.tonrijppaert.nl you can find an accurate inventory of the hal tiles. The website is bilingual and shows 310 tiles thus far collected. Every first day of the month the picture on the homepage will be renewed and in the first week of every month i make an update with a further description in the menu news, depending on eventual new acquisitions. Comments, suggestions or report of missing tiles are most welcome.

Happy cruising to all of you,

ton rijppaert, **** mariner,

thought they had discontuined this as none were supplied on my last cruise. Thought,well, just one more cost cutting item. Do they still do this? Have accumulated quite a supply from years ofcruising.

Happy sailing.

thought they had discontuined this as none were supplied on my last cruise. Thought,well, just one more cost cutting item. Do they still do this?

Yes, tiles are still distributed at the Mariners Luncheon.

If you didn't get yours on your last cruise, write to the Mariners Society and let them know. Just ask, and you shall receive.