Gifts by Celebrity

Jaxom37

I was wondering, if I purchase several bottles of wine off their site and have them delivered at dinner, do I have to pay a corkage fee?

Thanks for your input.

I think the prices of the wines on Gifts by Celebrity are the same price as when you order them in the dining room. At least the couple I drink are priced the same, so no reason to pre-order. If you book a Wine Package they is a savings over buying individual bottles.

There is a BIG reason to order thru Gifts by celebrity....

There is no 18% gratuity added on as there will be if you purchase on board. So it's an 18% saving to pre-buy.

Anything from Gifts by Celebrity can be consumed anywhere on the ship with no corkage fee.

I host a few gatherings un my suit when I sail, and usually order several bottles of Domain Chandon Sparkling wine.

The Wine package, I have found is basically a 20% discount or so, but on limited bottles. If one has a drink package they get up 20% off bottles ordered so that's a consideration. I've also found the sommelier to be fairly easy to give a 20% discount for asking on more expensive bottle of wine, no coupon or package. YMMV, of course.

But if you have something you like on Gifts by Celebrity, definitely pre-order it.

The Gifts by Celebrity bottles will be delivered to your stateroom, not to the dining room. Otherwise, your plan is sound. You can carry the bottle to the dining room and there will be no corkage charged.

How does the dining room know the bottled wine came from the "Gift Shop" and not to charge a corkage fee?

I've also found the sommelier to be fairly easy to give a 20% discount for asking on more expensive bottle of wine, no coupon or package.

If you are ordering a "more expensive bottle of wine", 20% is the minimum you should expect. The sommeliers have considerable discretion on the price.

Not completely accurate. Any bottles of wine pre purchased through Gifts by Celebrity can be delivered either to your room, another's room, or to the MDR, your choice. Celebrity info on Gifts by Celebrity state this.

The Gifts by Celebrity bottles will be delivered to your stateroom, not to the dining room. Otherwise, your plan is sound. You can carry the bottle to the dining room and there will be no corkage charged.

Possibly, and maybe even probably. With select dining, you do not necessarily get the same table every night, and most of the time not the same waiter.

With assigned dining, you have the same table and same waiter throughout.

I guess my experience has been different -- no matter what we specified on the order, the Gift always shows up in the stateroom. Might be because of Select Dining, so they don't know where else to send it?