Another "Specialty Dining Package" Question - sorry

Kenns10

Hi,

I am thinking of getting the Specialty Dining Package promo but was confused. It's for a 7 day cruise on the Escape and will by myself and girlfriend:

1. It looks like this entitles us to 4 separate dinners (e.g. Cagneys, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki-Hibachi, Moderno) according to the website.

2. Are these dinners unlimited, or is there a cap on what we can get - I am

confused if this UDP covers the new "a la carte" pricing model? For example, can we get an app and then each a main course and desert?

3. I realize that the 18% gratuities are not included, so that will cost us $13.32 per person or $26.64 for the two of us.

4. As for the non-included specialty restaurants, the UDP gives us a discount on them: $15 for the Supper Club, $15 for Bayamo, $7 for Pincho, etc.

Am I correct?

• 1 month later...

4. As for the non-included specialty restaurants, the UDP gives us a discount on them: $15 for the Supper Club, $15 for Bayamo, $7 for Pincho, etc.

Am I correct?

Those prices you list are not discounts. They are upcharges. You will use one of your 4 meals, PLUS you will pay that upcharge, PLUS you will pay 18% gratuity on that upcharge. For instance, Supper Club will cost you $17.70 per person plus 1 night of your plan, leaving 4 nights to use elsewhere.

Hi,

I am thinking of getting the Specialty Dining Package promo but was confused. It's for a 7 day cruise on the Escape and will by myself and girlfriend:

1. It looks like this entitles us to 4 separate dinners (e.g. Cagneys, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki-Hibachi, Moderno) according to the website.

2. Are these dinners unlimited, or is there a cap on what we can get - I am

confused if this UDP covers the new "a la carte" pricing model? For example, can we get an app and then each a main course and desert?

3. I realize that the 18% gratuities are not included, so that will cost us $13.32 per person or $26.64 for the two of us.

Am I correct?

I think if you're picking the promo, it will be for every night of your cruise, plus the upcharges should you decide to go that route. As for the a la cartes, as everyone else has said, it's totally up in the air, there has been no communication from NCL about it, or about most things lately, unfortunately.

Those prices you list are not discounts. They are upcharges. You will use one of your 4 meals, PLUS you will pay that upcharge, PLUS you will pay 18% gratuity on that upcharge. For instance, Supper Club will cost you $17.70 per person plus 1 night of your plan, leaving 4 nights to use elsewhere.

Eeek!! I can't edit my post. The last sentence should say that it will use 1 night of your plan leaving 3 to use elsewhere (since you said it's a 4 dinner plan).

This is a little off topic but when I booked a suite in March for next March I was getting the UDP(meals every night with no upcharges or added gratuities). Do you think this will change or will NCL honor the the plan the way it was when we booked? We were counting on specialty dining at least 7 or 8 nights for our 10 day cruise.

This is a little off topic but when I booked a suite in March for next March I was getting the UDP(meals every night with no upcharges or added gratuities). Do you think this will change or will NCL honor the the plan the way it was when we booked? We were counting on specialty dining at least 7 or 8 nights for our 10 day cruise.
The word is that they will still honor the UDP (unlimited visits to specialty restaurants for the duration of your cruise), and the gratuities are still included. But some specific benefits are no longer honored: 1st night entertainment dining is no longer free (on ships that have dinner shows), and some ships are reportedly charging extra for premium menu items (some of which are new, but others were previously included as add-ons with the UDP).

• 3 weeks later...

I am going with the Beverage Package booking promo, but thinking about the 3 Meal Specialty Dining package, for an upcoming cruise on the Escape. This is what I an envisioning, is this correct?

Option A:

Buy the package at: $59 + 18% Gratuity Charge ($10.62) = $69.62 per person

Meal 1: Le Bistro...My Cost: already paid for

Meal 2: Supper Club/For the Record...My Cost: $15 extra per person

Meal 3: Bayamo...My Cost: $15 extra per person

Total Cost, per person, $69.62 + $15 + $15 = $99.62

Option B:

Pay for these 3 meals out-of-pocket, but Bayamo and LeBistro would be a la carte, and Supper Club would be $30. So, depending on the a la carte prices at Bayamo and LeBistro,the 3 meal package may actually be cheaper?

Thanks!

Edited by Kenns10

I am going with the Beverage Package booking promo, but thinking about the 3 Meal Specialty Dining package, for an upcoming cruise on the Escape. This is what I an envisioning, is this correct?

Option A:

Option B:

Pay for these 3 meals out-of-pocket, but Bayamo and LeBistro would be a la carte, and Supper Club would be $30. So, depending on the a la carte prices at Bayamo and LeBistro,the 3 meal package may actually be cheaper?

Thanks!

I would say that getting the UBP would be the better deal for you. If you pay for the three meals, I don't see you spending more than $120.00 for all three. Are you going to drink more than $120.00 during the week?

Option A:

Option B:

Thanks!

If you are buying the 3 meal SDP, after gratuities, it works out to be $23.21 per meal. The upcharge prices of $15 have 18% gratuity added as well, so that is $17.70 extra. So Supper Club would be $23.21 + 17.70 = $40.91 total under the plan. Or if you pay for it without using one of your meals, it costs $30 plus 18% gratuity = $35.40.

I would do Le Bistro, Cagney's, and possibly Bayamo (or else Teppanyaki), and pay for Supper Club separately. Teppanyaki would be $35.40 pp without the plan, and $23.21 per person with the dining plan.

Edited by LrgPizza

so they double charge you on the gratuity? 18% right off the bat for the package itself, and then again on the $15 charge? It's not a big deal, as it's only $2.70 more per upcharge...so then wouldn't my total cost be:

$69.62 + $17.70 (Bayamo) + $17.70 (supper club) = $105.02?

Edited by Kenns10

so they double charge you on the gratuity? 18% right off the bat for the package itself, and then again on the $15 charge? It's not a big deal, as it's only $2.70 more per upcharge...so then wouldn't my total cost be:

$69.62 + $17.70 (Bayamo) + $17.70 (supper club) = $105.02?

Yes, that would be your total cost.

I have the 4 day SDP on my upcoming cruise, which works out to be $21.83 per meal. I don't plan to use it at Supper Club, since it's still cheaper to go without.

Thanks, LrgPizza.

Just one last question. The T&C state that it includes one entree per person. I assume each person is also entitled to an app and a desert? Or is it literally one main course?

Thanks!

Thanks, LrgPizza.

Just one last question. The T&C state that it includes one entree per person. I assume each person is also entitled to an app and a desert? Or is it literally one main course?

Thanks!

No, you will get sides, appetizers, dessert, etc. They just don't want someone ordering a bunch of main courses.