Cruise to Alaska - A Pearl Review (8/9 - 8/16)

chasinraynbowz

They count the puppies?! Well, that's an unwelcome piece of news. Er, I mean, good for them; doesn't matter to me at all . . . *whistles innocently* . . .

Your photos are gorgeous, Pam. This is so much fun.

LOL Annie!! I felt the same way!! Thanks for the kind words!! I will be posting more shortly! :D

20588785979_b068f27389_b.jpg

These were the cutest little seals. I wasn't able to get a picture, but they each caught a salmon and would play with it.

20588785829_6a7304c6b5_b.jpg

I got these chocolate covered strawberries from Tony Rosa, the Hotel Director. OMG.. NO ONE makes chocolate covered strawberries better than NCL!!!

20775534795_4b9b2c65aa_b.jpg

Our room steward Ariel decorated our cabin in honor of our anniversary!! He was a great guy, always had a smile and always addressed us by our names. We really enjoyed him this trip!!

I started reading your review cause we are taking the pearl in March to Panama, you are a trooper to put this much work in your review. Amazing, I have very much enjoyed it.

Thanks so much!! This is a labor of love, as I get to look over all my pictures and relive our cruise!!

You will love the Pearl and her crew.

Thursday, August 13 - Glacier Bay Day - The day we have been waiting for....

And we were NOT disappointed. Greg and I headed up to breakfast in Moderno and had a chance to chat with Leah. She told us how lucky we were with the weather. I guess a cruise or two before us had rain and was overcast with not much visibility. You can tell from the following pictures that we had a magnificent day!!!

20610877438_52fb977890_b.jpg

20798859495_a210c1e34b_b.jpg

20612117959_a538fe17fb_b.jpg

20789426792_bbbccc69b2_b.jpg

20772612936_0b24521bca_b.jpg

I am looking forward to glacier bay more than almost anything else. We have a balcony room so I am hoping that will make it that much better. Any tips or tricks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to hear the Ranger's speaking, its broadcast on one of the first 2 or 3 channels (25, 26, 27... dont remember).

If you want to go to the bow of the ship, that is on deck 8. The stewards will guide you, but you can't hear the Ranger's commentary. We went for a little while, but then headed back to our cabin.... and I am glad we did.

I will be posting another 20 pictures of Glacier Bay shortly.... lol. I can't decide which one is my favorite yet.

Oh thank you! I did not know we would be able to hear the Rangers speak without going up to the deck so you just helped me so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your welcome!! They will also be giving you a map of Glacier Bay so you can follow along and see where you are! I loved listening to the Rangers and their stories. You learn so much.

More pictures to follow now! :D

I'm really enjoying your review and pictures, but your initial pictures of Glacier Bay with the calm water and the reflections are just stunning!

Hope you also saw the Chihuly in Pearl's atrium! I had to take a few pictures of it last Jan. :)

Heather

I'm really enjoying your review and pictures, but your initial pictures of Glacier Bay with the calm water and the reflections are just stunning!

Hope you also saw the Chihuly in Pearl's atrium! I had to take a few pictures of it last Jan. :)

Heather

Thanks so much!! I am still trying to decide which is my favorite. I usually take one photo from each trip and blow it up, frame it and hang it. I am at a loss right now as to which one to choose!

We did see the Chihuly in the atrium, but I don't think I got any pictures of it. I will double check!

Thanks again!! :D

Thanks so much!! I am still trying to decide which is my favorite. I usually take one photo from each trip and blow it up, frame it and hang it. I am at a loss right now as to which one to choose!

We did see the Chihuly in the atrium, but I don't think I got any pictures of it. I will double check!

Thanks again!! :D

That's going to be a tough choice, you have so many nice ones! :)

Heather