Cruise to Alaska - A Pearl Review (8/9 - 8/16)

chasinraynbowz

Oh, I was referring to Victoria; we are in port from 12N-11:59 the last night of our 10 day cruise and thought it would be kind of neat to order from LeBistro and have it served on our balcony. We have a cruise box that we keep in our closet and as we think of things we may want/need for our trips, we just put them there so that when the time comes those odds and ends are in one place. Any recommendations on binoculars?

Do you remember the discount laundry offer was made? I have heard possibly Wednesday.

I am sorry, I don't remember. Maybe someone who has sailed this same itinerary might remember. We brought enough clothes that we didn't need to worry about laundry.

Sorry.

As you weigh, keep in mind that there are "half & half" options as well--we took the train up and a mini bus met us to bring us back, with several stops for photos--but the reverse exists as well! I'm kind of glad we did it that way, as I think the train round trip would have been kind of repetitive.

Of course we did the reverse, but it was a full bus with several stops along the way for photos. Either way, its worth it! :D

Oh, I was referring to Victoria; we are in port from 12N-11:59 the last night of our 10 day cruise and thought it would be kind of neat to order from LeBistro and have it served on our balcony. We have a cruise box that we keep in our closet and as we think of things we may want/need for our trips, we just put them there so that when the time comes those odds and ends are in one place. Any recommendations on binoculars?

You definitely have some nice scenery at the aft end of the ship, so I think that would be a wonderful last night of your cruise!!

Ours are put away now (SMH) but I dont remember the name. From what I understand talking to several of the folks on our roll call, they bought some on the ship and were very happy with the binoculars and the price they paid.

Love Victoria, a little bit of England in Canada, Sandi. If you do a cruise from Vancouver, you can get a bus direct from the Vancouver Airport to Victoria, and spend some time there, prior to the cruise.

http://www.hellobc.com/victoria.aspx

Marion, you are correct. It was a beautiful little city!! I had been there before, many years ago but it was great to share it with Greg.

Great review Pam! I loved all the pictures.

You saw more of Victoria than we did and I am kind of bummed we didn't do more, but I let Skip pick the excursion there and it was fairly short....and then Claire was going to die if she didn't eat after so we just went back to the ship.

We really didn't have any problems at all. I am a planner also, and from the time we boarded until the time we got to the airport to go home most everything went according to plan!! My friends did the Crab Fisherman tour (Deadliest Catch) and had an absolute ball! They said that really made their trip!! I dont watch much TV, so I haven't really seen the show. They had. If you like the show, you may want to do that excursion.

I am so glad this is helping you and that you are enjoying my review!!!

We did that tour! Super amazing. My husband was on cloud 9 the whole time. :p

• 2 weeks later...