Cruise to Alaska - A Pearl Review (8/9 - 8/16)

chasinraynbowz

I just don't know, maybe it is a Pearl exclusive excursion if they do those? Maybe call your personal cruise advisor or the Norwegian line and ask about it. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant the murder mystery meal. How did you know it was on the Pearl? Where did you find the info? I can't remember now when or where I looked but I am pretty sure ...thinking back that it wasn't offered for the Jewel.

The whale pictures were with my telephoto lens and then I cropped the picture to post here. I have to tell you a great little story though. We were on a friends aft balcony, checking out the wake and there was a baby orca playing in the wake. My hubby was so excited!!! Unfortunately, my camera was in my cabin at the other end of the ship... lol.

You lucky! We had an aft balcony and I never once saw whales. I kept hearing people seeing whales in the buffet area and I would run and look....nope they would go away as soon as I would arrive. LOL

I saw something about the murder mystery lunch online and called my personal cruise planner lady so she could put us on the list with the concierge people.

Sorry about the confusion, that is why I should not reply to posts before having my morning coffee.

You lucky! We had an aft balcony and I never once saw whales. I kept hearing people seeing whales in the buffet area and I would run and look....nope they would go away as soon as I would arrive. LOL

Yes, we were very lucky!!! I loved seeing the whales!!

I saw something about the murder mystery lunch online and called my personal cruise planner lady so she could put us on the list with the concierge people.

Sorry about the confusion, that is why I should not reply to posts before having my morning coffee.

hahahahaha, you sound like me!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - Skagway - White Pass Railway and Yukon Expedition

We had an early, LONG excursion today, so we grabbed a quick breakfast in Moderno and headed off the ship to catch our bus for the first part of our tour. We were taking a bus up into the Yukon (Carcross). While there, we were going to mushers camp where we got to play with some Husky Puppies!!! They had counted them before we got there, so we couldn't "accidently" bring one home... haha!!

On this leg of our journey, we saw lots of bald eagles, a wild bear, a moose and her baby and the largest porcupine I have ever seen in my life!!!

20561245079_fc24859e70_b.jpg

20738645962_3319cedb26_b.jpg

20748002275_4779590e0f_b.jpg

20127050093_3496f25d46_b.jpg

20561244619_5514c0e7cd_b.jpg

My husband wanted to the the white pass but I picked something else. I do think if/WHEN we go back though we will do that one for him. Everyone says how amazing it is.

LOL! I am the personal planner for me! But my experience with NCL is more limited and lets just say, when I call there you can get 50 answers to the same question...in 1 call. Not very savvy...their phone agents are!

20739200942_b790ac4b85_b.jpg

20125947194_f2c619d7e0_b.jpg

They say this is the world's "smallest desert".

20560571258_b75160b71a_b.jpg

I forgot!! We saw mountain goats too!!! Well, we saw them but they didn't see us. They are real mountain goats, only they are stuffed!! LOL

20748563125_4cb5c37bcc_b.jpg

Meet Thelma and Louise, the Alpaca's!! How ironic, my dogs are named Thelma and Louise... lol. Mine are Jack Russel's and are crazy. I hear Alpaca's are crazy too!!!

20127604493_4df436c57d_b.jpg

Ok, I am in love!!! lol

Edited by chasinraynbowz

My husband wanted to the the white pass but I picked something else. I do think if/WHEN we go back though we will do that one for him. Everyone says how amazing it is.

LOL! I am the personal planner for me! But my experience with NCL is more limited and lets just say, when I call there you can get 50 answers to the same question...in 1 call. Not very savvy...their phone agents are!

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I have done a lot of research on my own for several things but there is a lady that calls me every other week to check in and make sure we are satisfied. Maybe because we will be staying in a suite? Not sure. This will only be my second cruise and first with NCL so I am very new to the way things are done.

Those are the pictures from the bus portion of our tour. I am working on the train pictures now and will have those posted tomorrow night!! Thanks so much for following along everyone!! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!

Edited by chasinraynbowz

OMG!!!! The puppies are just so dang cute!!!!!

I am loving the pictures once again. I want to go back!

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I have done a lot of research on my own for several things but there is a lady that calls me every other week to check in and make sure we are satisfied. Maybe because we will be staying in a suite? Not sure. This will only be my second cruise and first with NCL so I am very new to the way things are done.

I am the TA, so I booked and planned, etc.

I had a suite as well and was in contact with Concierge, but let's just say NCL doesn't always run things right. We had a MAJOR issue when we boarded and NCL wanted US to fix it rather than them fix their mistake.

I wrote the concierge lady an email and that was 3 weeks ago...not a single reply from her. I have taken it further and still waiting on a reply.

SO excited to stumble on your thread! We leave TOMORROW for our cruise! Trying to get all the last minute info/ideas/secrets I can!! Thanks for sharing!

How exciting for you!!!!

Here is a tip - On Glacier day, you can get to the bow of the ship by going to deck 8 and walking to the very front, the stewards will guide you. Once there, grab a spot and don't move until you are ready to leave. As the ship turns, people will "follow" the glacier (what I mean is if the glacier was on the port side and moving to the starboard side because of our turning, they will move to the starboard side). I grabbed a spot and stayed and pissed some folks off... lol. They complained that I was in their way to take pictures. OMG... lol. When I finished taking pictures, I turned around and offered my spot (the one I stood in and waited for my turn at that spectacular view) and then Greg and I headed back up to our own balcony to enjoy the view.

Also, you can't hear the rangers talk when up front nor can you hear the glacier calving. We could only hear that from our balcony where there werent hundreds of people talking.

Also... take a rain coat!! :D

OMG!!!! The puppies are just so dang cute!!!!!

I am loving the pictures once again. I want to go back!

I am the TA, so I booked and planned, etc.

I had a suite as well and was in contact with Concierge, but let's just say NCL doesn't always run things right. We had a MAJOR issue when we boarded and NCL wanted US to fix it rather than them fix their mistake.

I wrote the concierge lady an email and that was 3 weeks ago...not a single reply from her. I have taken it further and still waiting on a reply.

That is too bad. The Concierge on the Pearl was wonderful. I hope they will get your problem solved!

Also, you can't hear the rangers talk when up front nor can you hear the glacier calving. We could only hear that from our balcony where there werent hundreds of people talking.

Also... take a rain coat!! :D

We definitely (and spectacularly) heard the cracking of ice pre-calving when on the bow, so ymmv.

We definitely (and spectacularly) heard the cracking of ice pre-calving when on the bow, so ymmv.

There was lots of talking and laughing, so we didn't hear any. It also could have been that there wasn't any popping or cracking while we were out there but boy we could sure hear it and see it from our balcony!!

It was magnificent, wasn't it?? :D

There was lots of talking and laughing, so we didn't hear any. It also could have been that there wasn't any popping or cracking while we were out there but boy we could sure hear it and see it from our balcony!!

It was magnificent, wasn't it?? :D

It was very rainy, so I guess we didn't have as many people making noise on the bow that morning.