Ropes course....weight limit?

gkrnjlr

Is there a weight limit on the ropes course on NCL?

We're going on the Escape and I looked online but don't see one.

My travel buddy weighs 270 and said that there's usually a limit of 250. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Limit on BA is 300 lbs, and you must also fit in the harness (only one size). Not sure if it is different from ship to ship.

I believe it was also 300 on GA when I was on a couple of weeks ago (I weigh 250 and there wasn't even a question). They did have about five different sizes of harnesses covering children to one bigger than the one they put me in. Body shape may matter with the harness, I'm not sure, I'm 250 but taller with a broad shouldered frame. If I was shorter and large the harness may not have fit properly.

My travel buddy weighs 270 and said that there's usually a limit of 250. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Don't forget to "walk the plank" it's really cool.

I believe it was also 300 on GA when I was on a couple of weeks ago (I weigh 250 and there wasn't even a question). They did have about five different sizes of harnesses covering children to one bigger than the one they put me in. Body shape may matter with the harness, I'm not sure, I'm 250 but taller with a broad shouldered frame. If I was shorter and large the harness may not have fit properly.

Okay this is good info! Thank you so much!

Don't forget to "walk the plank" it's really cool.

There are 2 planks on Escape, and they are different - you can swing out and around from them somehow.

OOH I don't know that I can do that! It truly "hangs" over the water, off the edge of the ship, right? I'd LIKE to do that but there's no way I could do that. Maybe I can convince my buddy to!

Okay this is good info! Thank you so much!

OOH I don't know that I can do that! It truly "hangs" over the water, off the edge of the ship, right? I'd LIKE to do that but there's no way I could do that. Maybe I can convince my buddy to!

That's what alcohol was invented for[emoji484][emoji481][emoji483]

Thanks!

Nice that your buddy can be included, enjoy!

We told my 10 YO scardy cat that was the only way to get down. We are really not mean but waited in line on Allure for him to do it and then he chickened out. The next day he wanted to do it but the line was 2x as long. He kept saying how much he wished he had done it.

So we "made" him do it on Getaway and he loved it did it a butch of times. He did figure out another way down without the zip line but he still finished with the zip.

My DH is around 250 and his weight was never a question. They had harnesses a size larger than him. One guy was built like my DH (dad bod:-)) but 6'6" at least and he did it.

• 2 weeks later...
There was a scale there, but I didn't see it in use. I can see how it would be unsafe for someone if their weight was above what can be safely supported by the safety straps, though - I wouldn't chance it, and would rather be weighed to be sure!

I'm not sure how much I currently weigh - I'll either be a few pounds short the limits or a hair over. I try and avoid scales and don't own one......:eek:

• 2 years later...