Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Terry, Will you be collecting bugs? I have an extra bug catcher here if you need it. Just went out on pool patio. So cold glass tea Cart top cracked and shattered up in my attempt to remove it. A mess.

Nope!! Not a bug guy! Nor, interested in snakes. BUT, our professor neighbor has that super expertise, plus a keen interest/knowledge on birds, etc. And, many other issues connected to the sciences, etc. It's always great to gather a number of insights and tips from people who have visited these unique locations.

Sorry on your shattered glass table. Not fun to do that clean-up. Good luck!!

For the "Great Luxury Debate" on another part of this SS Board, I just posted the below two pictures from our early 2015 Amazon River-Caribbean cruise on the Silver Cloud. I had always thought that orchids were kind of a somewhat rare and fancy floral touch. Maybe? Maybe not? Will do my own independent research and photo documentation to see if were are suffering too much during this upcoming South Africa cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 56,677 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

In one of the Silver Cloud suites, here is how the much-discussed orchid looked. Plus, also below is one of my visuals for some of the fruit that was served on the ship at one breakfast. This fruit did not look like it just came out of the can.:

Jan2016PixsA2_zpsy5e9eh2u.jpg

Jan2016PixsA1_zps2xdzmh3l.jpg

Home safely, where there is zero snow on the ground. Earlier today, however, was a different story!

WOW!! What an amazing picture by JP. Glad you made it home safely. Been on the phone and via e-mail checking other final details on our various private tours in South Africa, how much cash to bring with us, etc. Now need to get our bird feeders filled at home (have ten of them) and set-up more interior lights on timers to go on and off while we are gone.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 30,628 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Greetings Coolers! We have so far been blessed with sun and warm temps. Today we woke to rain and slightly rougher seas.

DSC00399_zps7s78mr1x.jpg

It is exhilarating to stand on the balcony in the mist and drizzle and admire the force of the seas. I felt like Captain Bligh! :)

Enjoy your day all!

Les,

I know when I got off the Spirit in November of this year, there were large arrangements of orchids, and I mean large. outside several venues including stars and near the library.

Also orchids in bar area, in panorama and observation lounge, the reception Area, etc.

Every suite I have stayed in has had an orchid plant.

I guess some people would prefer arrangements of fresh flowers.

I don't because of allergies.

I grow orchids in my yard.

I happen to like them.

We all have opinions and don't have to agree.

Well, as you know from my postings of piccies, I love fresh flowers.

We are this week getting our first daffodil arrivals and last Friday I had 8 bunches (160 blooms) deliverdd and they are all around the house. Also a few bunches of other fresh flowers.

When we stay at the IC Singapore they change our flowers daily and they know wifey's preferences.

You can judge a man by whether he loves flowers or not!

:D

Jeff

That's a lot of daffodils. They shout spring. Enjoy them!

Appreciate the wonderful food picture from Jeff. What were you enjoying? Tell us more!

Yes, daffodils and these other Spring flowers are wonderful. On our 1.4 acre ravine lot in the middle of the city, we have literally thousands and thousands of these coming up. Most were planted by the previous owner, but we have added many thousands, too! About 40 different types of daffodils coming up. Always fun. Will try to post more pictures of these varieties this Spring after we get back from Africa.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 208,332 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry, you're going to Africa? :confused:

Just kidding! I'm getting excited to hear about, and see pictures of, your excellent journey. Botswana gets rave reviews from many, and we want to go there too.

We are finalizing our own plans for a week in South Africa this October, after the Madagascar adventure. Thinking that we've already done most things around Cape Town, so maybe after a few days in Stellenbosch, we'll head south to the Southern Cape instead. Hermanus for whale watching, and Cape Aghulas for South Point, are the two options that intrigue us at the moment... Subject to change, of course, after we read the next chapter of the guidebook...

Lovely to hear hou have more daffys than me Terry. I so love them. What are the 40 species you have? Jeff

jpalbny: I'm getting excited to hear about' date=' and see pictures of, your excellent journey. [b']Botswana gets rave reviews[/b] from many, and we want to go there too. We are finalizing our own plans for a week in South Africa this October, after the Madagascar adventure.

Appreciate Jeff's follow-up daffodils question. Don't have the exact, technical names/terms for all of the various types. BUT, there are two-head and four-headed types. Many double-bloomers, so many different types of colors and shapes, etc. Will share more visuals in the Spring. Plus, lots of early Spring flowers coming up in late Feb. and early March.

For JP, we are doing the nearby wineland areas and will post lots of pictures and details during the next week or so. Hope to give you lots of good ideas to consider. Your October trip sounds exciting.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 134,462 views for this posting.

Morning Coolers! It seems my pic went walkabout! :( I'll try to re-post it.

DSC00399_zpsqqconjsz.jpg

Sunny, windy and warm this morning. We are scheduled to arrive at Pitcairn around noon. No one has any expectation of actually landing there. It seems like the community may all visit us on board. We'll see what develops.

Travel plans sound great!

Enjoy your day all!

Mark....I'm not the Fletcher Christian type! Ha Ha! Although I did purchase a stamp magnetic purported to have been made by Ryan Christian. :) Turns out a couple loads of passengers are going ashore briefly in the boat that brought the shore party over with their goods for sale. We watched passengers getting into the boat from our balcony. Definitely a tricky operation and not suitable for anyone with fragile bones like moi! Myster also decided he did not need to experience the leap so we both watched from afar! Still the island is awesome! Pics will follow.

Edited by mysty

Morning All.....

Lovely pics Mysty it all looks so beautiful.

I miss my daffodils in the three acres l had up north....only a few in this garden just poking through now along with other spring delights.

It's a horrid morning here, rain and very windy...I'm staying put with pup even though my favourite boutique has a 70% off sale that I'm busting to get to.....l have to exercise some willpower as the drive up there isn't a good one in this weather....[emoji17]

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Coolers,

Terry .... yes in answer ... it was pork belly in sweet chilli sauce on stir fry ....

Soapy .... not too long for your trip!!!!

Today is vennison and beef in red wine tortellini in a cherry tomato, mushroom and basil sauce. It was particularly nice on a rainy dull day here in blighty.

:)

Jeff

26AD422E-027C-46D1-BE9B-3A2FE87D836E.jpg

Mmm... Love pork bellies, but after a few, my belly starts to resemble one too closely!

Today is Terry's big trip, I think. :D Hope for good weather and easy connections.

Just found a decent rate at the Four Seasons in Budapest for our upcoming stay, pre Danube cruise. So that was exciting. Looks like a very nice location.

Now to figure out logistics of the 2 nights post cruise, from Passau (cruise ends Sunday morning, flight home from Munich Tuesday 11am).

One thought - rent a car, drive to Salzburg, spend the day touring the city, overnight there Sunday. On Monday, finish Salzburg, then drive to Berchtesgaten, spend time there, and head back to Munich at our leisure. Drop off the car, and overnight in Munich before flying out Tuesday. Other ideas?

Mmm... Love pork bellies, but after a few, my belly starts to resemble one too closely! Today is Terry's big trip, I think. :D Hope for good weather and easy connections. Just found a decent rate at the Four Seasons in Budapest for our upcoming stay, pre Danube cruise. So that was exciting. Looks like a very nice location. Other ideas?

Appreciate J.P.'s good wishes. So far, so good!! At Columbus airport now. All through security and enjoying having free Internet in the waiting area. Weather look cloudy but clear for here and in Chicago. Have an hour or so to wait for our loading, but it is good that things are not rushed, nor battling bad weather.

Jeff's food pictures look great. Love the look of "vennison and beef in red wine tortellini in a cherry tomato, mushroom and basil sauce." Makes me hungry!! Have not had any lunch, yet!

For Budapest, did J.P. notice the pictures from there that I posted at #2289 on page 115? There were lots of ideas and potentials shown there. We really loved the traditional good of Hungary. Can post ideas if that is of help.

Super loving Mysty's Pitcairn Island pictures with the sunshine, etc. Sun is good and more fun than rain. Keep sharing those good visuals.

For "Barbados: Our Pix's, Experiences Feb./2015!", see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262999