Love Princess loyalty program

suey

My son and his wife stayed on board for next cruise and received a complimentary Sushi deal pity they can't use it as my daughter-in-law is pregnant and can't eat it. He was seeing Maître-De to see if they could change it for something else:eek:

I use all of the perks on Princess

- Priority Boarding

- Internet minutes

- Free Laundry

- Exchange my mini bar for 2 coffee cards

- Wine Tasting

- Canapes on formal night

- Priority Tender.

- Extra OBC

However, I do look at itineraries and price. But its hard to go past Princess. I don't care much for Celebrity.

I'm Elite on Princess but my next cruise is my first time with the new perks and I have a couple of questions.

1. Who do you see about changing your mini bar to coffee cards (does the coffee card include hot chocolates as I'm not a coffee drinker).

2. How did you score extra obc? I've not read about this perk.

Thanks

I'm Elite on Princess but my next cruise is my first time with the new perks and I have a couple of questions.

1. Who do you see about changing your mini bar to coffee cards (does the coffee card include hot chocolates as I'm not a coffee drinker).

2. How did you score extra obc? I've not read about this perk.

Thanks

Hi Rose:p

Call Food and Beverage when you get to your cabin, we change ours out straight away, they usually turn up with in half hour.

If its a new coffee card, Hot chocolates are free with a punch for specialty coffee, also unlimited brewed coffee. Andy doesn't drink coffee and has always got a free Hot chocolate when I have a coffee. Card can be carried over for next cruise, but no unlimited brewed coffee......we have never had a problem getting the hot chocolate with a specialty coffee though;) as with everything, depends who is serving!

Re the OBC, there is a loyalty OBC for 20 or more cruises.....not sure if that is what is referred to. Princess do combine credit, unlike Royal/Celebrity.

Next cruise we have $650 made up of Future cruise deposit, Promotion OBC and Goodwill OBC.

Enjoy being Elite:)

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Call Food and Beverage when you get to your cabin, we change ours out straight away, they usually turn up with in half hour.

If its a new coffee card, Hot chocolates are free with a punch for specialty coffee, also unlimited brewed coffee. Andy doesn't drink coffee and has always got a free Hot chocolate when I have a coffee. Card can be carried over for next cruise, but no unlimited brewed coffee......we have never had a problem getting the hot chocolate with a specialty coffee though;) as with everything, depends who is serving!

Re the OBC, there is a loyalty OBC for 20 or more cruises.....not sure if that is what is referred to. Princess do combine credit, unlike Royal/Celebrity.

Next cruise we have $650 made up of Future cruise deposit, Promotion OBC and Goodwill OBC.

Chez

There is also Military OBC and Shareholder OBC, if you qualify. ;)

On our next 2 night cruise we have the problem of what to spend our $200 OBC on. Nice problem.:D

Chez

Thanks Chez.

I will only have 17 cruises so not quite up there for the extra obc but hey i'm only on for 2 nights. It's the first time i've cruised Princess since I did Dawn Princess with you back in 2009.

There is also Military OBC and Shareholder OBC, if you qualify. ;)

On our next 2 night cruise we have the problem of what to spend our $200 OBC on. Nice problem.:D

Don't qualify for military, if they included Police service......and havent bought shares yet, waiting for them to come down after the last increase!

It is good they can all be combined and P&O count as most of us Aussies have loyalty with P&O, being the only cruise line here for many years.

I also like that Princess do price reductions before final payment, I can move my future cruise deposit around as well, so if I book well in advance direct with Princess, I am never penalised for changing cruises, categories or getting the same cruise cheaper!

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

I cruised my first cruise on dawn princess three years ago.

Since then have cruised 3 on pacific pearl and 1 on pacific jewel.

Would these cruises count and how do you link them if they do and is it work out by adding up how many nights total you have cruised or by how many cruises.

Also it am I right in saying they would only count towards princess and not p&o

Also what's this about shares if you buy shares do you get some perks?

Sorry for all the questions I just learning about all this gotta start somewhere :)

Edited by taffy62

I cruised my first cruise on dawn princess three years ago.

Since then have cruised 3 on pacific pearl and 1 on pacific jewel.

Would these cruises count and how do you link them if they do.

Also it am I right in saying they would only count towards princess and not p&o

Either log on to your cruise personaliser or ring Princess.

Thanks for that I rang princess I on platinum level I have clocked up 45 sea days only another 105 or 15 cruises to go to be on elite lol

best way to check up is to sign into princess and click on your profile and then your cruise history and all your past & present cruises with princess and p&o will be there

We have loyalty programs over many cruise companies. Enjoy any worthy perk that comes our way but would never chose a cruise every time only because of its loyalty program. You can become so one eyed regarding cruising as many, many times we have been asked on cruises 'how do they compare?'

or 'which do you like best?' - always the best is the one we're on now! And we like to broaden the experience with varying age groups with whom we travel.

But that's just us but we can understand how some cruisers feel more comfortable with one or another cruise line.

Probably RCI has most to offer re perks to us being at our current levels. Diamond Lounge, priority boarding, free drinks 3 hours early evening, some free internet, welcome back event and top tier event with drinks and canapés, welcome drink and gift (usually box of nuts and cookies), balcony booking discount, free photo etc.

Platinum with Princess has a reasonable internet allowance and a welcome back event but priority boarding is only for priority within you deck's time allocation for boarding. But I much prefer when I ring regarding a booking speaking to Princess.

HAL Mariner Star has a gorgeous champagne brunch with the Captain and everyone receives a ceramic Dutch style coaster and a nice evening with the officers.

Gold with Cunard has ?, will find out in February. P & O UK - don't remember either.

Interestingly our Cunard loyalty and Princess loyalty numbers are the same but do not interchange points/levels. But P & O Aus do count towards Princess points.

But we are thinking of a choice for our next cruise and none of the above will probably be of any influence.

Whatever you choose, always enjoy.

Also what's this about shares if you buy shares do you get some perks?

Sorry for all the questions I just learning about all this gotta start somewhere :)

Buyer Beware. I am not a financial adviser and provide this information as is.

I discovered the info about the Shareholder OBC on the Cruise Critic forum about 2 years ago when the AUD was about USD$.92 and the shares were AUD$37. I used ANZ's E*Trade to purchase the 100 shares required to be eligible for the OBC. Things have changed since then. The AUD has gone down and CCL shares have gone up, as has their quarterly dividend. Win Win.:D

The OBC is:

6 days or less $50.00

7 to 13 days $100.00

14 or longer $250.00

I got the info from this link, read post #8 for OZ info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928146&highlight=buy+ccl

Buyer Beware. I am not a financial adviser and provide this information as is.

I discovered the info about the Shareholder OBC on the Cruise Critic forum about 2 years ago when the AUD was about USD$.92 and the shares were AUD$37. I used ANZ's E*Trade to purchase the 100 shares required to be eligible for the OBC. Things have changed since then. The AUD has gone down and CCL shares have gone up, as has their quarterly dividend. Win Win.:D

The OBC is:

6 days or less $50.00

7 to 13 days $100.00

14 or longer $250.00

I got the info from this link, read post #8 for OZ info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928146&highlight=buy+ccl

We bought around the same time I think, they are now over $50 a share and the OBC has come in handy. We have received over $600 shareholder OBC this year alone. The best thing is it is combinable with other promotions (unlike the RCL shareholder benefits).:D