Crowds in Fitness Center

Rickytop

Except for the treadmills, I have had no problem using other equipment almost any time, particularly if you use several and do not care the order in which you use them.

I have generally found that the treadmills are very busy in the morning, as others have said, and usually in the late afternoon. But, I have always found one within about 10 minutes of getting into the gym.

Port days - while in Port, you have the run of the gym on most cruises. Also a good time to use the scales if you are so inclined - when the ship is docked, not anchored or sailing.

Always seems pretty empty when I use it either mornings or evenings .. it can be fun to watch the 'gym tourists' too. You know the ones ...still in their day clothes, sandals on etc doing 2 mins on this and that ...:p

So now I know what I get called!

I always make a habit of checking in to the gym on each cruise, mostly to see if there are any changes from the last time I was on a particular ship. New machines? New layout? A scale that works?

Sometimes I do come back in appropriate clothes, too!

Port days - while in Port, you have the run of the gym on most cruises. Also a good time to use the scales if you are so inclined - when the ship is docked, not anchored or sailing.
I prefer to use the scales when the ship is sailing. Preferably on a day when there's some up and down movement, because the scales then give me a range of weights from which I can choose one that I like the look of.

There can be a downside to the gym on port days. Depending on the orientation of the ship to the sun, the gym can get very hot if the sun is streaming through the windows and there is no cooling breeze around the structure. But otherwise, they are some of the best times to use the gym.