Naughty room tips...

flyboyswife

If I buy alcohol at a port how is it identified when I reboard the ship? What is the procedure when they find it?

they don't 'find' it. You hand it over to them and they tag it and give it back to you on the morning of debarkation

I guess its the same thing if you don't tell them and they 'find' it in the x-ray machine..

I did read the whole thread, but I do want to clarify the refilling comment since we have never attempted to bring anything on board in ports other than embarkation ports.

The allowed limits are good at each and every port? I can buy a bottle of wine at each port and carry it on (and 12 cans of soda or water)?

I'm sure there is plenty of disorderly behavior by those buying as they go, as well as by those buying Cheers.

No, the allowance is for embarkation port only.

The end of May we were called to guest services to pick up one of our bags. It only contained dive gear, so I couldn't figure out why we were being called. My husband even boarded with his leather man tool in his pocket-put it in the tray with his keys to go through the security-no issue. Apparently it was either the small tool kit, or the 1lb lead weight that he still had in his BCD from being in the pool the day before. Glad we didn't fly... The guy who was in the naughty room didn't know why they tagged it, just had to inspect when we opened it. So he didn't know what he was looking for. I say act dumb until you're caught. Haha.

On our recent August 6-10 cruise there were literally HUNDREDS of pounds of bottled water & soda getting tossed. No bottled water allowed must be a newish rule and one that caught 100's of people unaware.

I got an email from Carnival reminding me of the new policy and an email from the TA I booked the next cruise with as well reminding me.