Changing cabins

Vikstar

If you change cabins (in the same category) can this be done at the same price that you booked your original cabin with the same perks? Or does Celebrity do a new calculation and charge you going rates?

Thanks!

If you change cabins (in the same category) can this be done at the same price that you booked your original cabin with the same perks? Or does Celebrity do a new calculation and charge you going rates?

Thanks!

No, I do it all the time for a better location. As long as it's in the same category, Celebrity will switch you without any penalty or problem. Now, your travel agent may charge you. Some TA's charge for everything. They don't want to be bothered with you after you book, so check with yours -- Celebrity will change without any problem at all.

Thanks!

Within the same category I have never had any problem. Just switched a cabin for my Feb 13th Summit cruise to a better location (same cat) :D

Posted as Wine-O posted and FWIW I switched thru my large online TA with no charge, no problem, said they were happy to do it and are watching along with me to switch cabins for Jan 30 and Feb 6 too.

Edited by A Sixth?

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! Are you generally managing the change yourself through the edit screen in My Reservation or are you calling Celebrity for the change? The less I have to speak with Celebrity the happier I am.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! Are you generally managing the change yourself through the edit screen in My Reservation or are you calling Celebrity for the change? The less I have to speak with Celebrity the happier I am.

I used a TA so will let Wine-O comment. I had checked a popular series of online TA sites to see the cabins available on my cruises so I could ask specifically for a cabin to switch to when I emailed my TA. The TA could also have recommend cabins if I'd phoned.

Edited by A Sixth?

Unfortunately, if you booked directly with Celebrity, you will have to call them to make the change.

Unfortunately, if you booked directly with Celebrity, you will have to call them to make the change.

Fortunately, I book directly with Celebrity and love it. I changed cabins yesterday with no hassle whatsoever. When I booked 2nd half of b2b the cabin we have for 1st was not showing as available meaning we would have to move. Yesterday the cabin was showing available when I checked so I called and with no issues got it changed. Now we are in same cabin for both cruises. I am one happy cruiser. 13 nights in same cabin so the only thing that would be better would be 365 in same cabin. Lottery, call my numbers.