luggage tags

nunuc2000

I keep reading that fellow cruisers are receiving their luggage tags "in the mail". As in regular postage? I didn't realize NCL still does that... I had assumed like other lines, we have to print them off ourselves.

Can anyone confirm the process? We're cruising mid October, and we've not rec'd anything at all in the mail. :confused:

Unlike Celebrity, who sends you luggage tags with adhesive on the back for 8 bags, NCL lets you print paper tags that are practically worthless unless you reinforce with a hard back and lots of tape.

fold, staple, done!!! How is that worthless. It's simple, how is that "worthless"

Works for millions of passengers a year. Do you reinforce paper envelopes when sending out the mail? Do you reinforce your cash. That to is just worthless paper?

When you fold an 8 1/2 x 11 paper the way they tell you to. That paper is now twice as thick as the skin of any airplane you have ever flown on. Add two staples to that mix, that's a pretty strong tag, especially for its short duration of time it on your bags.

This is another example of complicating what is simple.

Fireproof suit is at the dry cleaners, so wait a day...

fold, staple, done!!! How is that worthless. It's simple, how is that "worthless"

Works for millions of passengers a year. Do you reinforce paper envelopes when sending out the mail? Do you reinforce your cash. That to is just worthless paper?

When you fold an 8 1/2 x 11 paper the way they tell you to. That paper is now twice as thick as the skin of any airplane you have ever flown on. Add two staples to that mix, that's a pretty strong tag, especially for its short duration of time it on your bags.

This is another example of complicating what is simple.

Fireproof suit is at the dry cleaners, so wait a day...

I can understand how some might feel it's not sufficient... and have witnessed a piece of luggage not get delivered to our friends until a day later because the tag, completed the way you have suggested, had been ripped off of the handle. It can and does happen.

We've always just added a strip of clear packing tape and taped the ends together instead of stapling... I bring a small roll of packing tape with me, but I don't carry a stapler. :)

Wow, the cheerleaders are out of the woodwork. I have gone to some effort when making up my own luggage tags that don't fall apart, after one such effort failed.

We cruise Celebrity and NCL, but the way NCL cuts corners is irritating. The lame luggage tags are just another example. Just like the drink NCL tries to give you when you enter the ship. Take the drink and you have to pay for it, unlike Celebrity.

NCL has its good, but it also has this stuff.

Sealing the luggage tag with clear shipping tape is a WISE idea, When my DW's suitcase was being loaded onto the NCL Star last November in Miami, the luggage cart and all the items on the cart sunk to the bottom of Miami harbor.

NCL had divers recover everything. The only thing in, or on, her suitcase that did not get wet was the luggage tag sealed in shipping tape. Some unlucky passengers were further delayed when the ink on the luggage tag smeared when they got wet and could not be read.

Granted, having your luggage dropped in the harbor is not a normal event (at least we hope it is not normal), but it can and has happened. From that lesson, I will always seal my luggage tags in shipping tape.

I never use tape as I don't bother to stress about printing the tags at home - porters have them (the real ones) available at each port so why bother.

I have better things to do when getting ready for a trip than having an arts and crafts session every time. ;)

Edited by Demonyte