Port Canaveral pre-cruise hotel

We are looking at the Residence Inn or the Radisson. Is the Residence Inn that much nicer than the Radisson? It not only cost more ($189), but if I'm reading it correctly, the Radisson also includes parking while we cruise for only $151? Parking alone is like $130 at the port. They both include breakfast. Am I missing something? We usually stay at Marriott hotels because we are in their rewards program and we typically like their hotels.

We have always parked at the port. Is it a hassle waiting for a shuttle after the cruise? How long do you typically have to wait? We will have an 8 hour drive so we won't want to wait around forever for a shuttle. How much time do you usually lose doing this over just parking at the port? I may have to go to work the next morning...waiting to see if I can get the next day off.

I don't think the Radisson has free parking or a free breakfast. They are rolled into the rate. Anyway the Residence Inn is clean and comfortable and does have a complimentary breakfast included. We stayed there a few months ago. Parking was $6/nt to leave your car there during the cruise. When we were off the ship we took a cab back to the hotel for $15 to pick up our car.

I don't think the Radisson has free parking or a free breakfast. They are rolled into the rate. Anyway the Residence Inn is clean and comfortable and does have a complimentary breakfast included. We stayed there a few months ago. Parking was $6/nt to leave your car there during the cruise. When we were off the ship we took a cab back to the hotel for $15 to pick up our car.

I didn't realize the Residence Inn would let you leave your car there while cruising. I assume it was easy to find a cab to take you back there? How long did you have to wait?

I just looked at the Radisson for March 25 (which is the night I'm assuming you are looking at) to see what rates they display. I'm seeing $178 as the cheapest option, and that's prepaid, no refund on cancellation and no cruise parking. To stay the night and park for the cruise is $239 and with breakfast is $265.

Same night, I'm seeing the Residence is $217 including cruise parking and breakfast.

Same night, Country Inn and Suites, which is right next door to the Residence, and I have stayed here and really like the hotel, is $194 for the cruise parking package and they have breakfast as well.

These rates are before taxes. Can't speak to shuttles because we don't drive there. I would guess the Radisson, because they also operate a separate park and cruise operation next to the hotel, has more shuttles, but if you called the other hotels when you were debarking the ship, they could probably tell you how much of a wait you might have.

Edited by DanJ

I just looked at the Radisson for March 25 (which is the night I'm assuming you are looking at) to see what rates they display. I'm seeing $178 as the cheapest option, and that's prepaid, no refund on cancellation and no cruise parking. To stay the night and park for the cruise is $239 and with breakfast is $265.

Same night, I'm seeing the Residence is $217 including cruise parking and breakfast.

Same night, Country Inn and Suites, which is right next door to the Residence, and I have stayed here and really like the hotel, is $194 for the cruise parking package and they have breakfast as well.

These rates are before taxes. Can't speak to shuttles because we don't drive there. I would guess the Radisson, because they also operate a separate park and cruise operation next to the hotel, has more shuttles, but if you called the other hotels when you were debarking the ship, they could probably tell you how much of a wait you might have.

Where did you see those rates? I found mine on TripAdvisor. I just looked on the Residence Inn website and found the park and cruise rates.

We have stayed at the Radisson several times. They do not offer free Breakfast but they do offer a B&B package that includes breakfast. However, since their restaurant can be very hectic on sail days, we recommend you save the money and just go across the street to McDonalds to have breakfast or carry it back to the hotel and sit by the pool and eat. When you book online and book the park n sail rate they upcharge the hotel rate to cover parking. However, if you just book a room ahead of time you can get very good rates. Then when you check out, just let a desk person know you are going to leave your car while cruising and they will direct you to the long term lot - I have NEVER been charged for parking when I do this. The desk personnel do not care whether you paid for parking or not.

The ship shuttle service from the Radisson is very good. Get on the first shuttle and you'll be at the port by 10:30am. They start showing up at the port on disembark day by 8:30am. If you prefer avoiding the rush and sitting close for a few minutes, there are taxis in the front lot - I think it is about $15 each way. Hope this helps.

As you are in Marriott's loyalty program I would stay at the Residence Inn. I have stayed there before and parked my car there during the cruise. It is a nice hotel and the included breakfast is a plus and it was good. Taxi's are plentiful at the terminal and the fare to the Residence Inn would be about $6.

Unless the nightly rate at the Residence Inn was ridiculously expensive that's where I would stay!

Edited by Eng23

As you are in Marriott's loyalty program I would stay at the Residence Inn. I have stayed there before and parked my car there during the cruise. It is a nice hotel and the included breakfast is a plus and it was good. Taxi's are plentiful at the terminal and the fare to the Residence Inn would be about $6.

Unless the nightly rate at the Residence Inn was ridiculously expensive that's where I would stay!

Great to read! We are staying there 2 nights the weekend of Thanksgiving, before we leave on Freedom on the Sunday. Hoping it's a nice way to start our vacation.

I also read the Space coast art festival is happening that weekend at Port Canaveral, could be fun. :D

I would never rely on the ignorance of front desk staff to get myself free parking, especially when the Radisson also operates a cruise parking business that non-guests can also use. I also just tried to do a dummy booking for Park Port Canaveral and got the message that they are full for March 26, 2016, so I would imagine that they don't have a lot of rooms left that they are going to offer the park and cruise package. They do have space at their second lot down at Cocoa Beach at the Four Points.

Regardless, I would stay at one of the other 2 properties anyway, especially the Residence if you are a Marriott rewards member.

I didn't realize the Residence Inn would let you leave your car there while cruising. I assume it was easy to find a cab to take you back there? How long did you have to wait?

If you are asking about a cab when off the ship there was no wait. There were cabs lined up as we got outside after picking up our luggage.

At the Residence Inn the morning we went to the ship the front desk called us a cab. It was $15. They had a shuttle for $8/pp but with 3 of us a cab was cheaper.

Edited by Marie51

We are looking at the Residence Inn or the Radisson. Is the Residence Inn that much nicer than the Radisson? It not only cost more ($189), but if I'm reading it correctly, the Radisson also includes parking while we cruise for only $151? Parking alone is like $130 at the port. They both include breakfast. Am I missing something? We usually stay at Marriott hotels because we are in their rewards program and we typically like their hotels.

We have always parked at the port. Is it a hassle waiting for a shuttle after the cruise? How long do you typically have to wait? We will have an 8 hour drive so we won't want to wait around forever for a shuttle. How much time do you usually lose doing this over just parking at the port? I may have to go to work the next morning...waiting to see if I can get the next day off.

I would not hesitate staying at the Residence Inn.....very nice hotel that gets great ratings on Trip Advisor!

If you are asking about a cab when off the ship there was no wait. There were cabs lined up as we got outside after picking up our luggage.

At the Residence Inn the morning we went to the ship the front desk called us a cab. It was $15. They had a shuttle for $8/pp but with 3 of us a cab was cheaper.

It would seem to me that the taxi rates have increased then. The distance to the Residence Inn to the terminal should not be that much. Especially with Royal's move to the new terminal as it is much closer than the old Terminal 10.

Look into the new Homewood Suites. It opens in December. Right across from Country Inn.

Yes, I forgot about that one. Love Homewood Suites. Basically right across the road from the hotels mentioned above.

How are you finding Homewood Suites? I searched Homewood Suites in Cocoa Beach and it didn't come up.

Not complete yet, sign says December 2015. Looks like they are on schedule. No idea when they will start taking reservations. I would suggest calling the main reservations line

BTW, that part of town is Cape Canaveral

Edited by John&LaLa