Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

Praying for good news as we are supposed to sail on her this coming Sunday. What do you all think the chances are that we will still cruise? I'm thinking, not good :(

If, as the OP says they've been advised, this current cruise continues on to Barbados then you would have to guess the fire damage was minimal and doesn't affect safe operation of the ship. If so, then maybe your itinerary will go as planned and whatever repairs are needed can be accomplished without taking the ship out of service. Keep that positive thought. ;)

Edited by joepeka

glad everyone is ok.

now... for the price drops. I know it's evil, but knowing everyone is ok, I'll be watching for drops. as soon as it hits the news, price drops usually hit. best prices I ever got were after the triumph issue.

Also, straight oxygen won't kill you... and not all beer uses Co2, Guiness uses nitrogen

Any more updates if able to leave or board?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have sent a few texts to my mom but no reply. It's been about 45 mins since she first called me. They had been at Magen's Bay when this all occurred.

Sorry, we were able to borrow $20.00 to get some food. We were originally scheduled to leave at 5:00. We have heard no news at the moment if that is happening. We have heard from some passengers that we will be allowed to board the ship at some point, but whether we leave as planned is still not known. Some are saying that we will be here over night, but that has not been an official announcement. Passengers and crew members are still waiting patiently for an official announcement.

The smoke appears to be the normal exhaust. We are supposed to be back on ship at 4:30 and leave for Barbados at 5:00.

Hey Paul

Did you see any smoke eariler? Like that thick black smoke during the fire?

Thanks for the updates.

Thank you so much for the updates! So very very happy that you are all able to continue your cruise as scheduled!! Have a great trip now and keep safe! Thank you so much for your time and effort in keeping us all up to date as things happened pauleydm! You rock!! Sorry, just read your most recent post. Praying that you still can leave at 5 or tonight at least, as planned. Stay positive!

Edited by Jackievi

Latest update...I will have the latest news from Liberty very soon, the priority is looking after the guests on the pier which we are definitely doing. Stand by then for the news which I will share as soon as I am able.

The.Carnival Liberty crew and their shoreside colleagues are all working as a team to make sure everyone is looked after.

Thanks, John Heald

Latest update...I will have the latest news from Liberty very soon, the priority is looking after the guests on the pier which we are definitely doing. Stand by then for the news which I will share as soon as I am able.

The.Carnival Liberty crew and their shoreside colleagues are all working as a team to make sure everyone is looked after.

Thanks, John Heald

Thank u for update at least everyone safe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just posted on FB by John:

The crew have been communicating continuously with the guests on the pier, here is the news we have shared with them.

Earlier today, while the Carnival Liberty was docked in St. Thomas, there was a fire in the ship's engine room. There were no reported injuries to guests or crew. All guests are ashore in St. Thomas. The fire has been extinguished by the ship's automated suppression system and crew have confirmed that the fire is out.

At this time we are in the process of taking guests to a nearby hotel for their comfort, as well as providing water and food pierside. We apologize to our guests for the inconvenience and we look forward to welcoming them back onboard later this evening.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.

Thanks everyone.

John

Looks like they aren't going anywhere.

John Heald

1 min ·

The crew have been communicating continuously with the guests on the pier, here is the news we have shared with them.

Earlier today, while the Carnival Liberty was docked in St. Thomas, there was a fire in the ship's engine room. There were no reported injuries to guests or crew. All guests are ashore in St. Thomas. The fire has been extinguished by the ship's automated suppression system and crew have confirmed that the fire is out.

At this time we are in the process of taking guests to a nearby hotel for their comfort, as well as providing water and food pierside. We apologize to our guests for the inconvenience and we look forward to welcoming them back onboard later this evening.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.

Thanks everyone.

John

Updated news. Cheers all

Earlier today, while the Carnival Liberty was docked in St. Thomas, there was a fire in the ship's engine room. There were no reported injuries to guests or crew. All guests are safely ashore in St. Thomas where they have been receiving assistance from Carnival personnel. The fire has been extinguished by the ship's automated suppression system and crew have confirmed the fire is out. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

At this time, we are in the process of offering guests the opportunity to wait at a reception area in a nearby hotel for their comfort. Refreshments will be provided as guests wait to reboard the ship. We apologize to our guests for the inconvenience and we look forward to welcoming them back onboard later this evening. The ship is expected to sail no earlier than 8:00 PM.