Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

From John Heald's Facebook Page:

CARNIVAL LIBERTY STATEMENT

September 7, 2015 – 12:50 pm EDT

Earlier today, while the Carnival Liberty was docked in St. Thomas, there was a fire in the ship’s engine room. There were no reported injuries to guests or crew. All guests are ashore in St. Thomas. [Crews are working to extinguish the fire.]

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.

Carnival Liberty is on the second day of a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departed San Juan yesterday.

We are not being allowed near the back of the ship, so it is difficult to discern if anything is being vented. I did not witness anyone in masks, but who can say who is still on the ship. Most of the crew was evacuated after the passengers. Based on uniforms, we have mostly crew and staff that are from housekeeping, food and beverage, entertainment, and shop attendants. I do not see any officers or engine crew at the moment.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY STATEMENT

September 7, 2015 – 12:50 pm EDT

Earlier today, while the Carnival Liberty was docked in St. Thomas, there was a fire in the ship’s engine room. There were no reported injuries to guests or crew. All guests are ashore in St. Thomas. [Crews are working to extinguish the fire.]

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.

Carnival Liberty is on the second day of a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departed San Juan yesterday.

And BEER!:rolleyes:

Well yeah but the new carnival ship, Victory, is the only one that has a brewery on-board. but yes any carbonated drink uses pressurized CO2 to carbonate the drink. smileys-beer-817053.gif smileys-beer-091116.gif

edit; VISTA oops. :p

Edited by Jeepenfun

We flew into St. Thomas last Monday for a short vacation on St. John. The Liberty was in port and I commented to my GF how it's strange to see the ship in port and not embarking on her later in the day. (we've sailed her a couple of times). Glad to hear that all are okay. Sad to hear that folks long awaited vacations my suffer a hiccup. Hope all goes well for everyone. Crossing my fingers that this turns out to be a minor event.