Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

Men and women of the Virgin Islands Fire Department are here now. I am not sure how long they have been present, but this is the first time I have seen them. The ambulance is leaving now with its lights on. Staff and crew are still in groups outside the port entrance.

There have been no official announcement that there is an engine fire made by the captain, although all indications is that there is something going on to merit the fire department. There have been no signs of smoke leaving the ship.

You can tell people are getting tired, but the mood seems to be positive. A lot of people are sitting in the shade on the side walk. I talked to another passenger that said he saw black smoke coming out of the whale tail before we were evacuated. By the time we got off the ship, there was no visible sign of smoke.

I'll always carry some cash and a credit card on my person....

Yeah, but when you're lounging by the pool expecting to be able to go back to your cabin if/when you needed anything - you probably just have your sign & sail card. I know I would - I'd never expect to be evacuated from the ship!

I'll always carry some cash and a credit card on my person....

We were just planning on playing trivia and having a relaxed day since we have been to St Thomas two times. I am glad I have my medicines with me at least.

You can tell people are getting tired, but the mood seems to be positive. A lot of people are sitting in the shade on the side walk. I talked to another passenger that said he saw black smoke coming out of the whale tail before we were evacuated. By the time we got off the ship, there was no visible sign of smoke.

Getting tired? It's 3PM