Booking 2 rooms vs 1 and impact to crown and anchor points

GordorRCL

For the first time we are going to get 2 rooms(it's me, my wife, and 16/14 year old boys. Do we get "double" points for having 2 rooms or if one room is my name and the other in my wife's name do just get the same number of points? are we allowed to book a room in one of our kid's names or does that even help? THanks!

For the first time we are going to get 2 rooms(it's me, my wife, and 16/14 year old boys. Do we get "double" points for having 2 rooms or if one room is my name and the other in my wife's name do just get the same number of points? are we allowed to book a room in one of our kid's names or does that even help? THanks!

points are per person. the only time you get double points is if you are in a suite or are ALONE in the cabin

While it does not get you any extra points you are allowed to book the kids in their own room as long as it is directly beside or directly across the hall from yours. The advantage to having one adult in each room is then you can officially bring on 4 bottles of wine ( 2 per cabin).

While it does not get you any extra points you are allowed to book the kids in their own room as long as it is directly beside or directly across the hall from yours. The advantage to having one adult in each room is then you can officially bring on 4 bottles of wine ( 2 per cabin).

You also get multiple welcome gifts if you are D+ or higher

Except the airlines don't automatically enroll you

Neither do the cruise lines - you need to enroll in their programs. Only difference is I believe with the cruise lines you can get credit for past cruises if you can prove you were on them.