Dawn

patti226

I am going on my first NCL cruise in 9 days aboard the Dawn and I am very excited to try a new cruise line. Can anyone give me some tips on what not to miss and what type of activities they have on board. Also am looking for any info on the mystery lunch such as cost and menu. Any and all things Dawn greatly appreciated. Thanks

We took a Caribbean cruise this past February on the Dawn and had a great time. The crew was unbelievable friendly and helpful. Since you’re doing a Canada/New England cruise the evening shows might be different but if they still do the show “Elements” don’t miss it. That show was the best I've seen on any cruise line.

On our cruise the NCLIS Murder Mystery Lunch cost $20 and was performed by the Second City Troupe. I can’t help with the menu but the food was good and the murder mystery was a lot of fun, worth the cost.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Well, not sure what activities you are interested in, but they have the same sort of activities as most lines offer: All sorts of good musical acts in various lounges at night (and by day out by the pool). They run the typical cruise ship game shows like the Not-So-Newlywed game, and Deal-Or-No-Deal, and various others. There are progressive trivia contests, name that tune contests, This-Or-That contests, etc. There are nice theatrical shows in the main theatre every night. For comedy they have the Second City group perform improv shows, and they are also the ones who run the Murder Mystery Lunch. There is usually some ballroom dancing scheduled early as well. Late nights they have club type dancing in the new Spinnaker lounge till late. If sports are your thing there may be basketball and volleyball... Basically, your daily newsletter will be your key to finding the activities you want to participate in. :)

I can't remember how much the Murder Mystery Lunch was, nor can I remember the menu, but it wasn't an expensive price. We did enjoy it thoroughly.

Read the Daily Bulletin every evening and sort out what you want to do the next day when you are not on a Shore Excursion. :)

My wife swears by the evening shows. If you are on B2B I would check if the shows are repeated from the first week on the second week. My wife says some might be.

Whatever you decide on make sure you give yourself some time to sit and relax with a nice refreshing drinks. :D

Personally I am looking forward to lots to do lots of new places to see, lots of good food to eat and lots of new people to meet. :) Also to some time off the ship in American ports so I can search for some of the new National Park quarters. ;)

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Read the Daily Bulletin every evening and sort out what you want to do the next day when you are not on a Shore Excursion. :)

My wife swears by the evening shows. If you are on B2B I would check if the shows are repeated from the first week on the second week. My wife says some might be.

Whatever you decide on make sure you give yourself some time to sit and relax with a nice refreshing drinks. :D

Personally I am looking forward to lots to do lots of new places to see, lots of good food to eat and lots of new people to meet. :) Also to some time off the ship in American ports so I can search for some of the new National Park quarters. ;)

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

I think we are on the same cruise 9/25 are you going to the meet and greet? If you are I will look for some park quarters for you, I usually just spend mine. Did you collect the state ones? If you need any of those let me know.

I think we are on the same cruise 9/25 are you going to the meet and greet? If you are I will look for some park quarters for you, I usually just spend mine. Did you collect the state ones? If you need any of those let me know.

Yes, we hope to get to the M&G; you could always call us ; we are in 5529. :)

I have all the States from both mints, the last few times we have travelled to see our daughter in Vancouver we have had side trips to the West Coast USA and/or cruises that have called in US ports. While Pauline "window shops" I "bank surf"!!! :D

The other thing I find very difficult to get are the latest US $1 coins (post 2011); you Americans seem to hate all $1 (& 50c) coins!! ;)

Thanks for the offer will gladly accept. :D :D

Mike

Pom by Birth: Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

On our cruise the NCLIS Murder Mystery Lunch cost $20 and was performed by the Second City Troupe. I can’t help with the menu but the food was good and the murder mystery was a lot of fun, worth the cost.

As with all improv, it's really only as good as the audience makes it. When we did the lunch on the Gem a few years ago, the crowd was dead, and you could tell even the 2nd City people were bored with what they were doing. lol

I will say, the special drink (the stormy night) was delicious and looked amazing. :D

Drink and Menu pics (this was a few years ago, so the menu could have changed....)

xGgQSzQpZr15pex9kybDKkShVKwhgqTcmcFxWwStpc_m7VH8hzF_m9rXtK7dsnVLkfBVDlfnLu2Y5N4qJUHQFP8zhxxjqOQbiQIawtSwX1yLL0yfAi48UVEECPGQ29_yPooxMQ0inTbd3TY7WimufChRG9L6LuAkIoT0AyibTALfj0xgpsTJvD_ikymfizoxlyo5dWXtr_TMkjg6cBAoFsNEDRO7AitpwOvGu_byOzMh4e4mtxBcxzlGqxv_8CjyvUhq1NN3XxLrAgjciCEc09_NCDyZTXLjwYYi3TbpSd1HNn8sB_SzwbXVeB8Ll_D_t38qRVLFDVt06QR4jVYTgN4rhnHTWgBWm-CFgwj7vYxDcDjKavJT0umDDf_S3YI9n-SSlsNVJN0wGuvdANiKqh0DCgVeiy1KzqHAuAviXBWmaFw45JXX_kOIt9oi1n1Wlu4PaE6MewiB2s2hd420lxzI2HZLfZXVF6DsZWQZ8Fftb5IR5sW3nh4Lf8_bWWb4t97RkFk7TlCtPJ0swfs5Is_T3UnRoMHV5Fx-77Fwf14=w627-h935-no

J1bY_XpDtLu4I-KebwRa41EEqF4wiTT52yMixeF0sR0oh_JRGmpkVa9HwDwhuOZGi2UbxuHdNyWPa0LfftINPRGf5jT37U-Tkz3A-qDM3Rmmv4WcQPtiesvZChYpOXsD8kDS98LskT_ruSDHJAHtfWuC39Iz94cmQCQQ1yS4sdOur061VSU9wz0NZMMsdlREZUW_9Ft3Hd1KOEdVyXndMH5nZrIhgZ-LkydhkcNv58_7gaWH5Bh5m1J1F1p9BcJDNiNy_vl-doxEG07yRfz_iMEJjtC-8NP8B-oExjkTYMocBgPyOUoRNrjs4YD7EEr6JyvUDLtfcK5Go6hrbXNW-EPGQfJ7PZMBfEbZDOzUccKNcvV8q1AOFBJWEoyJQKPFYYx0ardtPDqANXYnvxpUhG_fdlA1xqDZ8rOiFLskPVgF7ZGVDFbK1ik3tqhbfa3IgapICO002jK25I2IFYOrf2G62oucDLvVtdcqZLcm5pCmqCfN5nCVgzdpOR7vdx_mZchpREylM6d9PoUG1XcwBT9ZPY873RnC_9V_ygtbloc=w702-h935-no

Yes, we hope to get to the M&G; you could always call us ; we are in 5529. :)

I have all the States from both mints, the last few times we have travelled to see our daughter in Vancouver we have had side trips to the West Coast USA and/or cruises that have called in US ports. While Pauline "window shops" I "bank surf"!!! :D

The other thing I find very difficult to get are the latest US $1 coins (post 2011); you Americans seem to hate all $1 (& 50c) coins!! ;)

Thanks for the offer will gladly accept. :D :D

Mike

Pom by Birth: Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Don't quote me on this as it's been a while... but I believe if you are at an MBTA (public transportation) station, and you buy a Charlie ticket with cash in one of the machines, I *believe* you get change back in $1 coins. Not sure of the year, of course!!

I am going on my first NCL cruise in 9 days aboard the Dawn and I am very excited to try a new cruise line. Can anyone give me some tips on what not to miss and what type of activities they have on board. Also am looking for any info on the mystery lunch such as cost and menu. Any and all things Dawn greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't miss your Cruise Critic Meet & Greet.

NCL put on a very good one with most of the the top officers attending.

Have the Guest services rep. put you in the Dinning with an Officer drawing.

Edited by biker@sea