EWR 12pm flight is that OK

cynt

I arrive back on the Anthem, Monday, November 30 at 6AM at Cape Liberty. I'm making my flight reservations. It's a holiday, weather might be crazy, and airport might be crazy. I was going to book a 12pm flight. After considering all the variables I thought maybe the 4:30pm flight would be better. I've never been to this EWR area so wondering if it's like FLL and I will be fine?

Thanks Clarea. So would you book the 12pm flight or the 4:30pm flight?

Worst case scenario...

Arrive at 6am, if we had a 2 hour weather/customs delay that would put us there at 8am. 1.5 hours to get off the ship and 1.5 hours to EWR would put me at 11am to checkin and go thru security at EWR. Hmmm I might consider the 4:30pm flight.

Thanks Clarea. So would you book the 12pm flight or the 4:30pm flight?

Worst case scenario...

Arrive at 6am, if we had a 2 hour weather/customs delay that would put us there at 8am. 1.5 hours to get off the ship and 1.5 hours to EWR would put me at 11am to checkin and go thru security at EWR. Hmmm I might consider the 4:30pm flight.

I would not have a problem booking the noon flight. However, I would make sure that I either did self-assist disembarkation, or had a low luggage tag number

i would choose the 4:30 flight. You can take your time disembarking, retrieve your luggage, stress free ride to airport (even with traffic). Since it is the end of a holiday weekend, the airport security and checkin will most likely be extremely busy, so an early arrival will allow more stress free time getting through all that.

Plenty of food and snack options at this airport,

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm going with the 12pm flight. It's just me and I can do the self disembark and I'm considering having a driver waiting for me to take me to the airport. 60 days until the Anthem. WAA HOO!!

I arrive back on the Anthem, Monday, November 30 at 6AM at Cape Liberty. I'm making my flight reservations. It's a holiday, weather might be crazy, and airport might be crazy. I was going to book a 12pm flight. After considering all the variables I thought maybe the 4:30pm flight would be better. I've never been to this EWR area so wondering if it's like FLL and I will be fine?

You should have no problem making the 12pm flight. It's only a 20 min. cab ride from the pier and going thru customs, when we sailed on the Quantum, was pretty easy & quick. As a matter of fact you probably will have time on your hands at Newark Int'l Airport.