Cabin Must Haves....

momof5cruiseluvrs

Power strip, but make sure there is enough room between the outlets for the multiple chargers, power squid surge protector is what I use it has different wires that come out so you do not have to worry about fitting the chargers on the same strip. Here is a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=power+surge+squid&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3029712051&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7540318813175634134&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8xidzzwb80_b

Highlighter to mark the things you want to do each day.

Thanks ken_nyc! That power squid surge protector is COOL, ordering one.

Seems I'm taking more gadgets/stuff than clothes:D

We are pretty much cruising newbies. We took our first cruise on the Wonder last year and are cruising on the Allure in November. I've read an over the door shoe organizer is a life saver, magnetic hooks for the walls (for hats, swimsuits, etc), pop up clothes hamper for dirty clothes. What have you found are your must haves for your cabin that make your life easier?

Two dozen cruises including a few 16 day transatlantics and have never used any of the items you've mentioned.

I do bring OTC meds though so if I get a headache, upset stomach, seasick, I have meds nearby and don't have to pay expensive prices in ship shop or look for them in port.

We use unscented dryer sheets at home, but for cruises, I get a couple of the scented ones from a friend and use them at the bottom of the closet where our shoes are kept. I find after a few days of touring in hot weather, the shoes can provide quite an experience when the closet door is opened. :p I carry the dryer sheets in a small zip lock which can be stored anywhere in your luggage.

After having cruised a number of times, it seems the more we travel, the less we take. You find out what you really need (and use) and stick with that.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I bring a small flashlight to use in the bathroom overnight instead of turning on the overhead light and blasting my eyeballs out with the brightness (and shining light into the rest of the cabin). I keep it by my bedside and bring it in with me. (It's also probably wise to have a flashlight in case of a real problem on board, but hopefully none of us ever has to experience that.)

I also bring a few plastic clothes hangers to hang wet shirts/bathing suits in the shower (if there's a retractable clothesline). We bring lots of ziplock bags, which come in handy for organization and many other uses, and we bring kitchen-size trash bags to use for laundry, which just goes into an empty suitcase under the bed.

I don't cruise without my little electric fan. Can't sleep without it! :D

same with us. have to have if not for air movement but for the noise.

After just getting off the Freedom in Aug and again going in a couple weeks a big bottle of Rolaids. Something in their mixer juices gave the wife and I BAD heartburn.

also a battery powered "candle" light for the bathroom at night as to not have to turn on and wake the wife. Our over the door thingee has been with us for years. keeps all our bathroom stuff in it.

Michael

Edited by train460

I took a door hanger that I got at the dollar store on one trip. I used it but it wasn't really necessary so I've never taken one again. I do take a variety of Meds and really strong clip magnets for hanging all sorts of things. Keeps the coffee table tidy.

We normally travel with friends and one item I always take is post-it notes. They are great for leaving notes for the steward or friends. Don't forget a pen.

A big yes to post it notes

Two dozen cruises including a few 16 day transatlantics and have never used any of the items you've mentioned.

I do bring OTC meds though so if I get a headache, upset stomach, seasick, I have meds nearby and don't have to pay expensive prices in ship shop or look for them in port.

And again a big YES for OTC meds.

We bring a collapsible hamper--have always been able to find a place for it.

Also small to very large zip lock bags and a large garbage bag to put dirty clothes in for the trip home, to protect the suitcases from smelly clothes.

I have a folder with all trip info in it, organized in order of use, such as flight, hotel, ship tickets, excursions, etc.

The last couple of cruises I've been putting the cash needed for each day's excursion (if we do one) plus tip into separate envelopes. That way we can just grab the right envelope for that day from the safe; it just makes it simpler and easier.

We don't bring a lot of the stuff listed, but do bring a zip-lock bag of basic meds like cold pills, immodium, pain pills, etc.

We bring a collapsible hamper--have always been able to find a place for it.

Also small to very large zip lock bags and a large garbage bag to put dirty clothes in for the trip home, to protect the suitcases from smelly clothes.

I have a folder with all trip info in it, organized in order of use, such as flight, hotel, ship tickets, excursions, etc.

The last couple of cruises I've been putting the cash needed for each day's excursion (if we do one) plus tip into separate envelopes. That way we can just grab the right envelope for that day from the safe; it just makes it simpler and easier.

We don't bring a lot of the stuff listed, but do bring a zip-lock bag of basic meds like cold pills, immodium, pain pills, etc.

I use the 11.625" x 10" clear plastic envelope with tie with folders in them for each also in order of use and labeled for flight, hotel, cruise documents, insurance info, excursions, etc.

Great idea for the separate envelopes for the money to be used everyday!

So far, no one has mentioned spare reading and sun glasses. Also a spare ball point pen & sd card.

I don't take spare glasses, I can always grab a geneic pair in port if needed (I'm lucky with my script), always have multiple pens, but not ball points (but I am a pen nut), and never SD cards, my camera uses CF:D:D