CLIA Sale - Not WOWED!

peekinglemer

What's a CLIA?

http://www.cruising.org

Cruise Lines International Association

Established in 1975, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world’s largest cruise industry trade association, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community. CLIA supports policies and practices that foster a safe, secure, healthy and sustainable cruise ship environment and is dedicated to promote the cruise travel experience.

Just about all the lines are participating in national plan a cruise month promotions for October.

http://www.cruising.org/cruise-vacationer/national-plan-a-cruise-month

Edited by DaytonCruiser

The price is $100 more per cabin for the cruise we were looking at. This is a difference within the last few days. I guess with the $50 per cabin OBC, it's a difference of $50 per cabin.

I think I will still wait to go on my next cruise and book there and get the OBC of $100. I know I am taking a chance, but we are talking 2 weeks, so if it goes up, it goes up.

I am tracking March on Magic and August on Breeze.

March net is 30.00 less than yesterday, 100.00 more than we paid.

August is 10.00 less than yesterday, 80.00 more than we paid.

The sale didn't help me but might be good for those just now booking.

Edited by bury me at sea
typo

We have to remember they are trying to attract NEW business,rather than re-price OLD business.

It's just a nice bonus if we can get a price drop.

Exactly. Sales are not meant or designed for customers who are already booked. Sometimes you benefit. Like you said, consider it a bonus when you do.

A family friend just booked with us for next year and was happy with the price and the $50 obc. Prices in general are higher. I don't expect many price drops at all.

The rates for my Vista cruise have jumped. I booked 4 people in a cove balcony using the PG rate at $609/pp and now ES is $649 and PG is $709. I doubt there would be any price drops for this new of a ship, so PG was worth it in case I have to cancel for some reason.