Distilled Water-luck carrying it on?

kelkel2

Has anyone had any luck carrying it on since the change in beverage policy? I called to speak to the special needs dpt today and I couldn't find the number. So called the regular number and inquired. The man I spoke with told me that I could in fact buy it through the ship's room service but I could also carry it on. He read me the policy. It stated that you could bring on nursery water and those with a Cpap machine could carry on distilled water as long as they had the cpap machine in hand as well. I sure would rather do this, instead of paying over $3 a gallon if it's actually possible! Has anyone had any luck with this?

Has anyone had any luck carrying it on since the change in beverage policy? I called to speak to the special needs dpt today and I couldn't find the number. So called the regular number and inquired. The man I spoke with told me that I could in fact buy it through the ship's room service but I could also carry it on. He read me the policy. It stated that you could bring on nursery water and those with a Cpap machine could carry on distilled water as long as they had the cpap machine in hand as well. I sure would rather do this, instead of paying over $3 a gallon if it's actually possible! Has anyone had any luck with this?

Sorry. I have never bothered. $3 to avoid the inconvenience of carrying around a gallon jug of water is well worth it to me.

We've never carried it on for my brother's cpap machine. The first cruise we went on before you could buy it ahead of time from carnival, carnival actually gave us some free of charge. After that we just purchased it a head of time. No big deal and $3 for the convenience is great!

I'll see if I can pre-order it! I like that idea better. I don't like the idea of room service and them may or may not having it. It makes me uneasy, we are renting the machine because my husband is in the first few months of having it, and I would hate to not have the correct water because the machine does not belong to us. If it actually belonged to us, it wouldn't worry me as much! :)

My friend who always travels with me uses a CPap. She always wants to stop at Walgreens or CVS. I don't mind the stop because I pick up a 12 pack of Coke that I put in my carry-on (roll on) bag. Inevitably she wants me to carry her jug of water which can be a problem as I am dragging my own crap (12 pairs of shoes). So last cruise I pre-ordered a jug of water for her. She refuses to use the tap water on the ship although her Dr told her numerous times that one week of that water will not harm the unit. She believes everything else he says so I don't get it. Anyway it saves me from getting aggravated with carrying her stuff and mine. $3 is well worth it. OP just spring for the cabin delivery.

I'll see if I can pre-order it! I like that idea better. I don't like the idea of room service and them may or may not having it. It makes me uneasy, we are renting the machine because my husband is in the first few months of having it, and I would hate to not have the correct water because the machine does not belong to us. If it actually belonged to us, it wouldn't worry me as much! :)

DH has used a CPAP for years. When we cruise he doesn't bother with the distilled water. The water on the ship is so highly filtered that it is very clean compared to most water at home. He's never had any problems with this CPAP by using the ships water for the time we've been on board.