My Time Dining and Shows on Oasis of the Seas - possible at all?

Hi guys,

I have booked all our shows and fitted my time dining in between on Oasis of the Seas. It looks like every day is jammed packed, some days even have 2 shows going on one after another. I think it will be doable only in my time dining reservations are on time. If they are delays there will be no way to finish meal and go to the show.

Please let me know from your experience whether my time dining reservations are honoured and when you show up they sit you right away. It's a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler. Is it possible to visit all shows if they are scheduled for each evening? or it's not real because eating in the restaurant will take up all our time? I estimate 2 hours for dinner and then off we go to the show but again it's only when we arrive and seated right away.

It's not possible to predict if there will be a wait for dinner.

On another note, we were just on Oasis last month. We saw all shows, and did not have to reserve two shows in one evening. I would look at giving yourself more time by moving your shows around.

We did not have a problem on Oasis with my time dining and getting to the shows. If you will tell your waiter you need to get to a show, they will get you fed and out as quickly as possible. We never take 2 hours for dinner with MTD.

Edited by mkmom514

Oh that is so great to hear!!!! I thought that 2 hours is what you need because they bring out dishes so slow and you wait forever if you do all 3 course... But it's so great to hear that this is not the case. I so appreciate you telling me this, it just put my mind at ease!!!

2 shows on 1 day because the other option is to go and see the show during the day which I would rather spend a day near the pool. And one day I just wanted not to have any show and lay on my chair until sunrise and not to hurry anywhere so I'd rather do 2 shows 1 night and then next time just have nothing and chill. Maybe not a good idea I don't know. We will be with the toddler so who knows whether we will be even able to see any show. if she starts crying we have to leave and I guess I cannot book the same show twice?

Oh that is so great to hear!!!! I thought that 2 hours is what you need because they bring out dishes so slow and you wait forever if you do all 3 course... But it's so great to hear that this is not the case. I so appreciate you telling me this, it just put my mind at ease!!!

2 shows on 1 day because the other option is to go and see the show during the day which I would rather spend a day near the pool. And one day I just wanted not to have any show and lay on my chair until sunrise and not to hurry anywhere so I'd rather do 2 shows 1 night and then next time just have nothing and chill. Maybe not a good idea I don't know. We will be with the toddler so who knows whether we will be even able to see any show. if she starts crying we have to leave and I guess I cannot book the same show twice?

Correct, you cannot reserve the same show twice. Otherwise they would have the same problem as they did with the character breakfasts where people booked multiple days because they wanted flexibility, albeit at the expense of others. They now charge adults for the character breakfasts.

You are welcome to attend shows without having a reservation by getting into the standby line.

Edited by clarea

Never been on Oasis, but have been doing lots of research for our February 2016 b2b on her. I believe they open up the venues a few minutes before show time for those without reservations. You'll have to wait in line and may not get choice seats, but you probably can get in later if you miss a show reservation

Will you be using the kids club for your toddler? Some kids like it, some don't. It's free during normal daytime and evening hours, but you can pay for late night service.

I'm assuming that Allure is similar but we were able to book 1 show per night and one night there is nothing booked. My Time seem to help so you can book dinner around show times.

Edited by LuCruise

Never been on Oasis, but have been doing lots of research for our February 2016 b2b on her. I believe they open up the venues a few minutes before show time for those without reservations. You'll have to wait in line and may not get choice seats, but you probably can get in later if you miss a show reservation

Will you be using the kids club for your toddler? Some kids like it, some don't. It's free during normal daytime and evening hours, but you can pay for late night service.

And what is Kinds club? I never used it so don't know. Can somebody chime in to explain?

Well, I read it through and I didn't find anything specific. Just general stuff about joining shows together, watching movies, things like that but there was nothing specific that they offer. Well, dreamworks characters which I already know about.

I didn't quite understand this:

MY FAMILY TIME DINING®

My Family Time Dining is offered for the first seating time in our main dining room, for children ages three to 11. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evening's Adventure Ocean activities. The program starts the second evening you're onboard. After that, you can use it each evening or whenever you wish.

Does it mean that I cannot come with my toddler and have dinner any time throughout the evening? Should it be done only in the first seating time? What does first seating time even mean? I don't get this concept of MyFamilyTimeDining? Can somebody explain?

Well, I read it through and I didn't find anything specific. Just general stuff about joining shows together, watching movies, things like that but there was nothing specific that they offer. Well, dreamworks characters which I already know about.

I didn't quite understand this:

MY FAMILY TIME DINING®

My Family Time Dining is offered for the first seating time in our main dining room, for children ages three to 11. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evening's Adventure Ocean activities. The program starts the second evening you're onboard. After that, you can use it each evening or whenever you wish.

Does it mean that I cannot come with my toddler and have dinner any time throughout the evening? Should it be done only in the first seating time? What does first seating time even mean? I don't get this concept of MyFamilyTimeDining? Can somebody explain?

You can have dinner with your toddler whenever you want.

My family time dining is a service they offer so families can eat together and then have their kids picked up in the dining room and get taken up to Adventure Ocean to play. It allows the adults to enjoy the rest of their meal and not have to worry about hurrying to get the kids to Adventure Ocean.

Your child isn't even old enough for Adventure Ocean. Your toddler is old enough for the Nursery which is a paid service. You can go and check out the Nursery when you board and then sign up for what hours you want, if any.

My Family Time dining is a way to have the kids spend the first 45 minutes of dinner with you, eat their dinner, then the Adventure Ocean staff comes to the dining room and takes the kids to AO. You get the rest of the dinner without kids.

To my knowledge, you cannot use this option with My Time Dining. You must have early traditional dining.

I just did all our reservations for our Oasis cruise this Christmas and I was able to do 1 show a day and they were all in the evening.

Just got off the Oasis and we ate My Time twice. First time was 6:30 and it took 2 full hours to get through the meal. We were a couple seated at a table of 8. The waiter did ask if anyone had shows that evening and we had a 8:30 show. The second time we were seated at a table for 2 and the meal took only a little over an hour. However we had to wait over 30 minutes in line, even though we had reservations. SO bottom line, my experience was pretty variable. It did seem like there was a wait during the later reservation times though, but I noticed larger groups getting let in earlier because they could fill a table I'm guessing. Have fun!

Hmm... We did My Time Dining for a family of 6, and our reservations are between 6 and 7:30 depending on the night. Some of these posts are really making me want to just go in and switch to traditional early dining. The problem is that we have a full day scheduled in Jamaica, and the ship stays late in port in Cozumel, etc.

With 3 kids, I'll be pissed if we have to wait for a scheduled reservation. If this is true, let me know and I'll go in and rearrange all of my dining and entertainment for the week :mad:

I was on the Oasis in March and on the nights we had reservations we never waited more than 5 minutes, usually just long enough for a person to come back from seating someone and then take us to our table. On the nights we didn't have reservations, we never waited more than 15.

We were a family of 3 and always sat a table for 4 without asking.

On the last night, they went out of their way to find us a table for 6 so we could dine with new friends. They put is down stairs in the traditional dining time restaurant so we wouldn't have to wait.

I just got of the FOS and it was even better there. Every night we just walked up close to our reservation time and were seated in the same table or the table next to it. We never waited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys, I am also reading that there is a parade on the cruise and 2 formal nights. I will be on Oasis of the Seas that departs on Nov.14. Can somebody tell me when those formal night will be and what day and time the parade will happen? I want to make sure that we don't miss the parade because my toddler will certainly enjoy it. If I know it in advance, I will book around it my time dining and other shows. Don't want to miss parade....

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am back and happy to report that we have no problem whatsoever with our my time dining. We had reservations and also sometimes didn’t observe them but just showed up any time we wanted and always were seated right away, never ever waited for anything. Did a variety of dining anywhere between 5.00 pm and 9.30 pm. It’s possible to see all shows and eat in the restaurants every single day, just do a bit of planning and everything will be good! Enjoy!!