Stacey & Clinton

Barb Nahoumi

Over the past year TLC has featured Stacy and Clinton in separate shows with similar themes to the old "What Not to Wear."

Why not bring them back together in new episodes of "What Not to Wear," a show that has been so sucessful.

Because they did that show for a long time and were ready to move on in new directions. Change is good - they've embraced it, and so should we:D

Not a fan of the new shows either, but What Not to Wear needed a new format or something to change it up. After a while I just lost interest. Also, I would cringe every time Nick Arrojo butchered someone's hair or dyed it flaming red to make them look younger. Never understood that. Loved Carmondy though.

I've been watching both of their shows. I think Clinton's show is really fascinating, focusing on people's online personas. It interests me how people present themselves online and how that does or doesn't match who they are in person.

Stacy's show has gotten a little better in its second season. I'm glad she dropped the section where they looked at different hairstyles on the computer. I think it would be a better show if it was an hour instead of half an hour. Stacy also seems to have found a whole crop of very insecure young women. Those girls need a lot more help than a new outfit.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Stacey's behind the scenes show at the end of the last season was interesting (I loved to see her house). She notes she will have more diverse ages in the new season. I like the makeovers but even back with wntw I usually fast forwarded the emotional counseling.

Not a fan of the new shows either, but What Not to Wear needed a new format or something to change it up. After a while I just lost interest. Also, I would cringe every time Nick Arrojo butchered someone's hair or dyed it flaming red to make them look younger. Never understood that. Loved Carmondy though.

For the past few seasons, there was a different hair-dresser. He seemed to be attuned to the contestant's likes or dislikes.

For the past few seasons, there was a different hair-dresser. He seemed to be attuned to the contestant's likes or dislikes.

Ted. I didn't like him at first because it seemed like he spent a lot of time saying, "How are you FEELING." But he settled in and I thought he did a great job. He didn't feel the need to cut off all the long hair. :)

I really miss 'What Not to Wear'--the new shows are ok, but just not the same. Love Lust or Run focuses so much on the truly weird that it's not that useful for most of us; I've only seen a couple of Clinton's new shows.

I also liked Ted as a hair stylist much more than Nick--just more practical and user friendly styles. I'd love a make-over with Carmindy!

What I'd really love, now that I'm 70, is advice on how to be stylish yet not dress too young, yet not like I'm 90--especially for the very casual life style we lead here in rural Nebr.