Cirque Dreams & Dinner on the Epic

gazza999

Cirque Dreams on NCL is a totally separate outfit from Cirque du Soleil (there have been legal disputes over the confusingly similar names), and there is really no comparison between the two shows. But you can't see a Cirque du Soleil show anywhere for $10 including dinner (price of the cheap seats with a dining package), so it would be unreasonable to expect the same level of skill/production on NCL.

Here's a thread comparing Cirqu eon BA with Cirque du Soleil in Vegas:

Breakaway Cirque vs Las Vegas Cirque du soleil

If there is only one sea day on your itinerary, that may be the day everyone goes crazy with their UBP, so by showtime many people may be passed out somewhere and miss their reservations… :p

Ha, probably true. Thank you for the info. Sidenote: when you live in Vegas the Cirque shows are free :)

Is this a show that is continuing on after the recent refurb? Living in Vegas I have seen every Cirque show a number of times (spoiled brat, I know) so I am wondering if it is on par with their skill level. Also, are sea days usually much busier for these types of things? We only have one on our western med. itinerary so I would imagine that night is chaos.

Yes,,,, we were at the first Cirque show after the Epic's refirb last week. I assume that they rotated a few of their cast members during the 3 week dry dock break.

Consider doing all of the balancing and skating acts on a small stage in Vegas. Now consider doing those same balancing acts where your floor is moving in 3-axis direction at the same time. These performers are GREAT!

The show room is small, so seating is limited. Always buy the Premium seats (the "standards" seats have obstructed views - my opinion). There is no assigned seating. All seating is first-come-first-serve. The hostess will show you to the best seat available. If you want ring-side seats, someone from your party should queue 45-60 minutes before the show with the remainder of the party showing up about 20 minutes before the show to be seated. Note: Haven (suites) guest will be seated first (they actually enter through the back door of the theater) so if you are the first in line, there are likely to be some/many people already seated when the main doors open.

The first night of the cruise is normally the smallest crowd. Later in the cruise, the room may be sold out. In any case, it is a small theater with limited seating. And there are various parts of the show which require audience participating.

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 months later...

I saw this in November and it was excellent. But if you don't like the idea of participating, or being showered in bath water, the best seats are on the balcony. Several guests were shown to the premium seats on the ground floor but later opted to move up to the balcony for a better view.

I also went later in the week so it was far from full and there wasn't much need to queue a long time in advance (or any need really).

Hope you enjoy it.

Have the old UDP but still paid $17 per person for the opening night perfermance...

That's a good price, in my opinion the show is worth it. (I wouldn't pay the full price of $39.99, though.) After you see it, you can talk to the Entertainment Manager about the terms of the old UDP, they might agree to refund you. But you might decide that it was worth $17 after all.

I've read somewhere sail away day is one of the easiest nights to get tickets. Is this accurate?

There will be 8 of us going. So if we are in line early with premium tickets what are the chances we will somewhat sit together?

Thank you

Bobbie

We really liked the show when we saw it last year, but of course it's not a CdS show with a ridiculous budget and a gigantic stage available. The performers are top notch, and dinner was alright - nothing to write home about, but certainly just fine. Not something we would be in a hurry to see and pay for again, but still a good time!

I saw this in November and it was excellent. But if you don't like the idea of participating, or being showered in bath water, the best seats are on the balcony. Several guests were shown to the premium seats on the ground floor but later opted to move up to the balcony for a better view.

I also went later in the week so it was far from full and there wasn't much need to queue a long time in advance (or any need really).

Hope you enjoy it.

We have paid for premium seating, are there any of this class of seat on the balconies ?