Back 2 Back craziness.

cmptrwiz

I read on John Heald's Facebook that the current Dream journey's cruise has 1150 back to back passengers. That is crazy. We had about 34 on our Valor back to back cruise. That means they are on the ship for 21 days. One if the biggest complaints is the same movies being played under the stars as the last cruise. Oh 21 days at sea what a dream! Pun intended. I also heard there are only 50 children on board.

Some people have too much money. :D

Roz

We won't have too much money to spend after our 1st. B2B. LOL But, we only do one big vacation in the winter so we save up through out the year. Can't wait for Janurary to get here. (Not many Illinois people say that!) Spending 5 days in Ft. Lauderdale (2 pre & 3 post cruise) Hotels are considerably higher this year even on Hotwire. Oh well, I already told my kids that we are spending their inheritance. :D

Dave

When you have to fly any distance staying on a boat for another week really is good judgement. Airline tickets are so expensive these days.

Interesting comment. I never really thought of it that way. It would really be good if you could get a ride to the airport and not have to pay for parking. I may check into what a cab from my house to Nashville would run and compare that to parking.

Sublarry

Interesting comment. I never really thought of it that way. It would really be good if you could get a ride to the airport and not have to pay for parking. I may check into what a cab from my house to Nashville would run and compare that to parking.

Sublarry

We will be going on our first back to back cruise in November. Part of the reason we chose to do it was only having to pay for airfare once. Something to keep in mind for the future, many hotels near airports offer long term parking packages with a free airport shuttle if you stay one night at their hotel. It depends on the location but some don't charge for parking at all if you stay one night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be going on our first back to back cruise in November. Part of the reason we chose to do it was only having to pay for airfare once. Something to keep in mind for the future, many hotels near airports offer long term parking packages with a free airport shuttle if you stay one night at their hotel. It depends on the location but some don't charge for parking at all if you stay one night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of the cruise and park hotels I have used say up to 7 days. I learned something again today. Thanks for the great posts today!

Sublarry

I read on John Heald's Facebook that the current Dream journey's cruise has 1150 back to back passengers. That is crazy. We had about 34 on our Valor back to back cruise. That means they are on the ship for 21 days. One if the biggest complaints is the same movies being played under the stars as the last cruise. Oh 21 days at sea what a dream! Pun intended. I also heard there are only 50 children on board.

We will be on the Vista for the Oct.11 plus the 21 TA for a toal of 23 days. Not sure how many are doing the BtoB, but it's a lot.

Pat

We won't have too much money to spend after our 1st. B2B. LOL But, we only do one big vacation in the winter so we save up through out the year. Can't wait for Janurary to get here. (Not many Illinois people say that!) Spending 5 days in Ft. Lauderdale (2 pre & 3 post cruise) Hotels are considerably higher this year even on Hotwire. Oh well, I already told my kids that we are spending their inheritance. :D

Dave

That is because you are sailing out of Miami on the day of the Miami Marathon and the hotel rooms, if you can find any are ridiculously over priced for that weekend.

That is because you are sailing out of Miami on the day of the Miami Marathon and the hotel rooms, if you can find any are ridiculously over priced for that weekend.

No, We are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Conquest. I prefer Ft. Lauderdale over Miami because after over 10 cruises out of there, I kind of know my way around. Plus, there is always something to do and many places to eat. Up until last year, I never paided much more than $100 a night for a nice 3.5 or 4 star on either the beach or 17th. Street area. Last year I paid $150 (Horwire / Priceline). This year it's looking like $218 ++ for (I think) the Hyatt Pier 66 on Hotwire. :eek: Still not bad if you look at the rack pricing of the other hotels in the area.

Dave :)

We did our first b2b in 2013 flying to Venice and ending in New Orleans on the Sunshine. I'm not a fan of long flights but managed it knowing we'd be doing it one way. 28 days on the ship. We will be doing it again with the Vista. 23 days on the ship this time. It does take lots of saving and planning but that's the fun of it.

If I remember right along with those ~1100 B2B I believe total pax was around 3400. My last time on the Dream there were 4600 with 1100 kids, as informed by the CD. Jealous for sure, but as most of us have jobs I can't even imagine taking 3 weeks away from work for a cruise. I did way too many this year so 2016 may be a LIGHT cruising year.

Can you imagine handling 1100 on turnaround day?

Sounds like fun Pat! My problem is you board as a passenger and they roll you off as cargo at the end. Pace yourself around all the food, go to the gym and use the stairs instead of the elevator.

after being on numerous cruises, the food is no longer the draw of cruising. Never gain weight on cruises anymore. But I do understand what yu are saying!!

Pat

We did our first b2b in 2013 flying to Venice and ending in New Orleans on the Sunshine. I'm not a fan of long flights but managed it knowing we'd be doing it one way. 28 days on the ship. We will be doing it again with the Vista. 23 days on the ship this time. It does take lots of saving and planning but that's the fun of it.

We will be joining you on this BtoB along with many others! I know so many people doing these 2 cruises, it's going to be like a reunion cruise!!:)

Pat

No, We are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Conquest. I prefer Ft. Lauderdale over Miami because after over 10 cruises out of there, I kind of know my way around. Plus, there is always something to do and many places to eat. Up until last year, I never paided much more than $100 a night for a nice 3.5 or 4 star on either the beach or 17th. Street area. Last year I paid $150 (Horwire / Priceline). This year it's looking like $218 ++ for (I think) the Hyatt Pier 66 on Hotwire. :eek: Still not bad if you look at the rack pricing of the other hotels in the area.

Dave :)

But, I am still correct, you are experiencing high hotel fees due to the Miami Marathon. The motels all the way up to West Palm Beach are almost full due to the marathon. We usually stay in Ft. Lauderdale and drive to Miami and our usual motel, stayed there 5 times, has been booked solid for the last 7 months due to the marathon.

I believe our b2b on the Breeze there were over 1500 b2b people.

We are doing the Dream B2B in January. I paid just over $1K per person for the 21 days inside stateroom. In contrast, I paid $800pp for RCI Allure 1/31/16 for just 7 nights also inside.

I was on the 2nd leg only of the Triumph B2B in February and there were over 1,000 B2B guests - they had to get off and reboard in San Juan - don't look forward to that PITA.

A few months ago, I was looking at those October under-$1000 pp prices for a 22 day b2b Journey cruise. Great deal and I would've jumped on if I hadn't already had a Nov b2b booked. I added a week to that one to make it a back-to-back-to-back, or b3b.

We did 1 other b2b, on Carnival Spirit in 2009, but we were inexperienced cruisers then and didn't know that a b2b passenger got special treatment. We just got off with everyone else, did our own tour (and our laundry), then boarded the ship with all the new passengers.

This time we made sure all 3 cruises were linked and that the VIFP department knows we'll be making Platinum on this string. Someone else can do my laundry this cruise.