Regal Princess, 1/3/16, Should I wait for the prices to drop?

CineGraphic

There's a flash sale of $549 for a balcony today, but no OBC, but I'm going to hold out for an even better deal.

FLASH rates are usually the absolute lowest rate for the sailing when and if they appear.

They can disappear quickly as many people grab them up before they are gone.

They will fill out the ship .

Edited by MCC retired

The after Thanksgiving Regal I booked is now on a flash sale. Cheapest balcony is only $400 on TA website, $200 cheaper than I paid. I don't think I will ever book Princess more than 30 days in advance.

Then you may rarely, if ever, go anywhere! Unless you have a great deal of flexibility. If you have a lot of time, can go at any time and you don't care where the cruise goes, then, yes, it's a good strategy.

Policies have changed. Princess is no longer offering the flash fares it used to. Instead, they are letting ships sail with empty cabins. The time to book is when Princess is offering a promotion such as the Sip and Sail or the 3 for Free, with prepaid gratuities.

In short, if you don't book now, you could be missing out.

Not true My in-laws in Florida get flooded with the drop and go deals. They are on cruise right now which they booked last week. Now if you have to fly to port you will probably spend any last minute savings from the cruise on a flight.

While flash sales do occur, they do not always have desirable cabins for us. I book way early and then watch for price drops. I had booked a ten day cruise ten months prior to the cruise (mini-suite) during a non-sale period. Then one of those "three for free" or "sip and sale" specials came along. The new "sale" price was $1000.00 per person more than I had booked. So happy to have booked early; the price never came back down to what I had paid. After the "sale" ended, the price did drop a little but was still $700.00 more per person than what we had booked. Which goes to show what I know is that nothing is ever free. A second cruise I booked more closely to the cruise date but still prior to final payment. The price dropped $150.00 per person prior to final payment. My Princess travel consultant repriced for me at the new price.

Edited by birdiebill

The best price drops usually don't happen until after final payment is due from those who booked earlier. That's when the cruise line knows exactly how many cabins they need to fill. Driving from Atlanta is not a problem for us. Prices for this sailing just went back up, a day after cabin assignments were given to those with guarantees.

Not true My in-laws in Florida get flooded with the drop and go deals. They are on cruise right now which they booked last week. Now if you have to fly to port you will probably spend any last minute savings from the cruise on a flight.

But very few have the luxury to be able to go whenever.... or wherever, so, this works only if you have a lot of flexibility.

The after Thanksgiving Regal I booked is now on a flash sale. Cheapest balcony is only $400 on TA website, $200 cheaper than I paid. I don't think I will ever book Princess more than 30 days in advance.

Which sailing is this?

But very few have the luxury to be able to go whenever.... or wherever, so, this works only if you have a lot of flexibility.

My guess is that a majority of Florida Residents have the flexibility and will add that many just book because it's a flash sale and don't really care where the ship is sailing in the Caribbean. Some of these rates for 4 and 5 days are so low that's it's cheaper than staying home.