Belikin Beer

IUHoops

Is this the local favorite in Belize? What other local beers are readily available at the port? I like to try to drink a few of the local favorites while in port.

I was not impressed with Belikin or another one I tried there several years ago -- it was before untappd app was around so can't look them up. Whatever you do avoid Brahma beer from Brazil it taste like it came from a Brahma if you know what I mean.

Not saying it isn't good, just not particularly outstanding. I too am a bit of a beer snob and try something new every chance I get. If you're ever in Franklin NC try the Lazy Hiker Porter (only available on draft at the brewery) now that's outstanding.:D

For the most part Belikin is a monopoly. I travel a lot around Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. In my opinion it is towards the top of my favorite list. Bowin and Bowin sells Belikin, Belikin Premium, Light house, Stout and they also produce Guinness stout.

You can also find Beers from Trinidad, Jamaica Belikin still may fav.

• 4 months later...
You can also find Beers from Trinidad, Jamaica Belikin still may fav.

I don't suppose I'll be able to find Mackeson Milk Stout (from Trinidad) in Belize, will I? I've only had it once, and I really liked it.

you are in luck, It is sold in some stores in Belize. not a lot of bars serve it though.

Wade...would that be one of the Brodie stores? Or a Sav-U?

No Whiner. For wine, there's a Brodie's downtown, a short taxi , medium walk from the tender pier. Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the Brodie's on Regent Street. If walking, turn left out of the cruise/tender pier exit and walk about 5 blocks to the swing bridge that crosses the creek. Cross the swing bridge and walk down about 4-5 blocks (these aren't long blocks, btw). And you'll see the store.

No Whiner. For wine, there's a Brodie's downtown, a short taxi , medium walk from the tender pier. Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the Brodie's on Regent Street. If walking, turn left out of the cruise/tender pier exit and walk about 5 blocks to the swing bridge that crosses the creek. Cross the swing bridge and walk down about 4-5 blocks (these aren't long blocks, btw). And you'll see the store.

Thanks

ML