LIVE FROM Liberty of the Seas Repo

Artwork on Liberty is, for me, less appealing than art on any of the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships, as well as Oasis, Vision and Rhapsody. Doesn't affect my cruise experience, but it is kind of a let down.

Ditto. Just sort of surprising. I wonder if they had a different art buyer or decorator for this ship? It just isn't at the same level of the others. As someone else mentioned, maybe that will change in drydock... though I do think of the hanging art is probably purchased and installed separately. Who knows?

Empress, if you can find out I'd love to know how many D+ and Pinnacle members are on board.

When I went to the Loyalty Ambassador's office on 6 to hand in my behind-the-scenes tour form, she told me there were 388 D+ onboard who had a right to be scheduled for these events! (Not that most of them sign up, but still... quite a logistical feat for her.) I don't know if she included Pinnacles in that number or if they were separate; next time I see her I will ask.

I will also inquire of some appropriate person about the Freestyle Soda machines, I know they make a big difference for people buying a drink package or not. They are so much fun, with so many different options!

Hi, Carolyn. We will be following you for 3 weeks beginning Nov. 29. I'm pretty concerned about how LB boarding is going to fare with the unimproved terminal! Yikes, 388 D+!! One of my cruise friends e-mailed me this morning that there were so many D+and P on board that they had completely taken over the Diamond Lounge and the Viking Crown at cocktail hour and that Diamonds were being served in a lounge on deck 5.

Empress, if you can find out I'd love to know how many D+ and Pinnacle members are on board.

I'd also be interested in this info. Kay, are you on LB before Dec. 13? I'm doing a B2B on 11/13 and 11/22.

See this question a lot and I am truly curious as to why folks want to know. Might understand it better if you were on the ship ie impact in lounges etc. but for what purpose do you use this info when you are not on the cruise? Thanks.

See this question a lot and I am truly curious as to why folks want to know. Might understand it better if you were on the ship ie impact in lounges etc. but for what purpose do you use this info when you are not on the cruise? Thanks.

It's just interesting. I'm on Liberty's next cruise which should also include a high number of upper tier members. Since I've not been on LB before I'm curious how they handle big numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, Carolyn. We will be following you for 3 weeks beginning Nov. 29. I'm pretty concerned about how LB boarding is going to fare with the unimproved terminal! Yikes, 388 D+!! One of my cruise friends e-mailed me this morning that there were so many D+and P on board that they had completely taken over the Diamond Lounge and the Viking Crown at cocktail hour and that Diamonds were being served in a lounge on deck 5.

I think it's going to be a nightmare when LB is disembarking in Galveston for the first time with more passengers than the Voyager class had....not to mention having a temporary facility😳. Same for boarding my cruise. It will be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just read where the Galveston Port Authorities Board of Trustees ok'd the use of an air-conditioned tent, portable restrooms and additonal seating to accomodate the extra 500 passengers that Liberty will bring each week, until the terminal is completed.... No timeframe mentioned .... Oh boy, fun - fun!

We're on the 10/2, it's the first week of fall break for Chandler schools.

Are you as excited as we are?

Is Chandler a local school district? If so is that fall break for a lot of Texas?

If 10/2 is the first week of fall break how long does it last?

Trying to see if that means more kids for our 2 weeks.

Are you as excited as we are?

Is Chandler a local school district? If so is that fall break for a lot of Texas?

If 10/2 is the first week of fall break how long does it last?

Trying to see if that means more kids for our 2 weeks.

I'm super excited. Chandler is actually a suburb of Phoenix so it shouldn't affect the cruise that much. Most Arizonans head to Disneyland during the 2 weeks of fall break.

I'm super excited. Chandler is actually a suburb of Phoenix so it shouldn't affect the cruise that much. Most Arizonans head to Disneyland during the 2 weeks of fall break.

Oh, thanks. I would say let me know how things are on your trip but unless you are going to do a live review we will be getting on as you are getting off.

FYI, the area behind the mini golf course is already under construction, and the Wipeout bar and cafe are closed, I'm assuming in preparation for the construction needed to install the new water slides. Our assistant waiter has told us that drydock will be in the Bahamas and will take a full month, with all the decor being redone, etc.

That's not good for the constructions during your cruise. Does it get in the way for the guests ? When you say the area behind the mini golf is under construction, what about the mini golf itself, is it still open?

What other constructions do you see around the ship. We'll be on LOS on Thanksgiving week.

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

Hi All

I am EmpressofPurple's (Denise) friend Denise, involved in the previously mentioned embarkation day car swap. So sorry if I have confused anyone. I agree about the artwork although I enjoyed the Egyptian décor in the Sphinx. I guess I should have taken more pictures there as I was not aware that it was going in the drydock.

The mini golf is still operating and it seems that the construction so far is limited to an area near the funnel on the sports deck where they are installing the scrubbers for the new emissions requirements. I was on the last round trip cruise from Cape Liberty and there was and enormous number of crown & Anchor members (like about 2500 or more). They moved the Diamond happy hours 4:30 to 8:00pm into the Catacombs.

I encountered something I had never seen before, at the CC meet and Mingle they gave away two balcony upgrades. If the winner already had a balcony they could give it away to a friend. WOW

Denise keep up the good work and try to endure the slow internet. I think they plan to get VOOM onboard after the drydock. I could not even get on till the last day. Most of all I am glad you are having a good time, I know I did, but wish we could have done it together. :D

Denise

I encountered something I had never seen before, at the CC meet and Mingle they gave away two balcony upgrades. If the winner already had a balcony they could give it away to a friend. WOW

Now that's cool! How many were in attendance at the M&M?

Here's what I copied from another thread on the planned changes. FYI, the area behind the mini golf course is already under construction, and the Wipeout bar and cafe are closed, I'm assuming in preparation for the construction needed to install the new water slides. Our assistant waiter has told us that drydock will be in the Bahamas and will take a full month, with all the decor being redone, etc.

Our CC roll call followed this list with great interest, and we are doing our best to say farewell to some of our favorite areas, including the Catacombs disco, the library, the Sphinx Lounge, the Champagne Bar, minigolf, the jogging track, etc.

Planned Changes for Liberty in Drydock

Deck 2, no changes

Deck 3

Catacombs disco removed, for 19 new inside cabins.

Art Gallery reduced for 4 new inside cabins.

Bernini and Velasquez private dining removed for additional passengers in MDR. (10 outside cabins currently not added as they were with Freedom.)

Deck 4

Catacombs disco upper level removed to make room for Sabor specialty dining.

Deck 5

The Sphinx Lounge converted to Star Lounge

Champagne Bar converted to R Bar.

Deck 6

Business Services area removed for 4 new inside cabins along with one additional forward inside.

Deck 7

The Library removed for 4 new inside cabins along with one additional forward inside.

Unclear what is happening with starboard hump balcony cabins, but they could just be getting renumbered with a possible suite added?

Deck 8

Forward inside cabin added.

Deck 9

Forward inside cabin added

Deck 10

Concierge Club removed for addition of combined Library/Card room

Deck 11

The next to last Portofino in the fleet is removed making room for Giovanni’s Table

Outdoor area around sides and forward of gym removed.

Deck 12

Forward sun deck area removed and jogging track redirected.

Small sitting area with sofas and chairs portside removed.

14 Balcony cabins added

4 Inside cabins added

26 Panoramic cabins added

Deck 13

Forward St. Tropez sun deck and sitting areas removed and replaced with a large open possible sun deck without function defined on the area added above the new panoramic cabin area.

Liberty Dunes mini-golf and the Golf Simulator removed along with the Wipe out bar and café to make room for the new water slides.

Possible addition of suite sun deck not specified on deck plans.

Deck 14

Seven Hearts card room and Cloud Nine function room removed for the new Suite Lounge.

79 new cabins added increasing the double occupancy count for the ship by 158 + passengers

Thanks for all the information; Just wondering if the LOS will have the new fast internet service as in the Oasis/Anthem class of ship?

Since the Business lounge will also be removed after the dry dock, i was wondering if there will still be computers/printers available on board? I have children that will be out of school during my sailing and will need computers to submit some assignments! Also, i normally print airline boarding passes too.

Will you be posting pictures? My husband and I are considering taking the kids on the Liberty out of Galveston. Would like to see how she looks.

Your kids will LOVE Liberty. There will be pretty major changes after the drydock, so current photos probably won't help you much unless you're sailing prior to the drydock. Your kids will LOVE the images of the new water slides that are going in...check out the RCCI website and you can see the artist renderings. Liberty is a beautiful ship. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take my kids on it.

One of the things we love about RC is all the beautiful artwork throughout the ships. You said you were disappointed with the artwork on the Liberty. I hope I won't be also. :(

I actually took some pictures today of some of the various areas on the ship which I think are underwhelming visually and when I get home I will post them side-by-side with photos from (pre-drydock) Explorer for comparison. You will see clearly what I am talking about. Maybe some people will like the art and decor on Liberty, but in my opinion it is very blah compared to Ex.

Today I heard 34 Pinnacles are onboard.

As for how they're handling overflow with so many high tier C&A members onboard, as I said they're not giving out crystal blocks at the high tier welcome back party, they're just being delivered to the room...

... Happy Hour for Diamonds is in the Sphinx...

... Diamond Plus and Pinnacles in the Viking Crown Lounge...

... Suites only in the Concierge Lounge...

(I've only visited the Sphinx a few times so I can't tell you about crowding in the various locations... most seem to be utilizing the three drinks on the card system. FYI, your photo now shows at the bar when you order your free drink using your card, so don't ask someone else to get it for you -- they can't.)

Hi All

I am EmpressofPurple's (Denise) friend Denise, involved in the previously mentioned embarkation day car swap. So sorry if I have confused anyone. I agree about the artwork although I enjoyed the Egyptian décor in the Sphinx. I guess I should have taken more pictures there as I was not aware that it was going in the drydock.

The mini golf is still operating and it seems that the construction so far is limited to an area near the funnel on the sports deck where they are installing the scrubbers for the new emissions requirements. I was on the last round trip cruise from Cape Liberty and there was and enormous number of crown & Anchor members (like about 2500 or more). They moved the Diamond happy hours 4:30 to 8:00pm into the Catacombs.

Denise keep up the good work and try to endure the slow internet. I think they plan to get VOOM onboard after the drydock. I could not even get on till the last day. Most of all I am glad you are having a good time, I know I did, but wish we could have done it together. :D

Denise

Hey Denise, thanks for the good wishes, i agree it would've been awesome to do this sailing together! Internet has actually been pretty zippy since I've been able to connect (had problems for a while where it kept saying, incorrectly, that I had another device connected, but Guest Services did a workaround to correct that).

Yes, the Sphinx is nice, so are the three-story dining rooms, plus the various storefronts on the promenade... I just miss all the special decorative touches from Explorer like the great paintings, collages and photographs in the stairwells or the elevator hallways, you always had something nifty to look at as you were walking from here to there or waiting for an elevator. Not so on Liberty. As I said, I'll post side-by-side comparison pix when I get home.