Oasis debarkation

Wondering what time people have been able to get off the ship when doing self debarkation? Looking to book a 10:45 flight. Is it safe?

As long as there are no delays, that flight time is good.. We have been off & at the airport by 8:30 a.m. but things do happen..seems more often lately.. When we were on Enchantment in Oct she came in late due to a medical emerg the night before. She was 2 hrs late coming in. You take your chances..

Wondering what time people have been able to get off the ship when doing self debarkation? Looking to book a 10:45 flight. Is it safe?

If you put that flight time into the online check-in, it will have a heart attack and reject you.

Barring delays - and there ARE delays every now and then, from Customs & Immigrations, from luggage offloading, from long long long long security lines at the airport, etc., etc., etc. - 10:45 is actually easy to do.

I know that "past performance is not a predictor of future outcomes", but here is what happened with me last week.

I sailed into Port Everglades on the Serenade of the Seas. It was not a (standard, easy, no-brainer for the port) closed loop Caribbean cruise. It was the "Snowbird Migration Cruise", a one-way, repositioning cruise from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.

We did self-assist disembarkation. We were ready to go at the advertised time. We both have TSA pre-check...........but that line was actually longer than the "regular" line. The only thing that made it quicker/easier was that we didn't have to take off our shoes or non-existent jackets, or take out our electronics.

We walked off the ship at 6:15.

I was sitting at the gate at FLL at 6:45.

My friend's flight was at 9:30 and mine was at 10:00. We just chatted and played on our phones until it was time to board. (and jokingly complained about the long wait. We knew that if we had left the ship later, the process could have been longer and longer at each step. It was a risk that we had not been willing to take.) We ran into and chatted with others from our cruise who came later.

Bottom line:

My statistical breakdown - you have a 95% chance of making your flight.

Are you happy with my made-up calculations? Then keep your flight.

:)

More than likely but...Oasis is almost 2 hours late arriving in port this morning because of man overboard incident yesterday.

I would not have a problem booking a flight at that time though.

Was today the other 5%?

Statistically? Maybe not. *I* still would have made my flight with a two hour delay,and puggylicious' flight is 45 minutes later than mine.

All of that does not take into account the potential CF because of the emergency.

I am sure you don't have a supporting link for this profound statement either.
Best I can do https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-trip-delay-and-missed-connection-coverage/

Important: “Missed Connection” doesn’t mean the insurance will cover you in all situations. If you are going on a cruise or tour (depending on the plan) and miss its departure because you were up too late, you are not covered.

Best I can do https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-trip-delay-and-missed-connection-coverage/

Important: “Missed Connection” doesn’t mean the insurance will cover you in all situations. If you are going on a cruise or tour (depending on the plan) and miss its departure because you were up too late, you are not covered.

Nothing in that link supports your claim and I can not find any information that would support your statement.

I'm sure all policies aren't created equal so it's always wise to read before purchasing.

Exactly, but I would still like to see exactly which insurance policies say you need to book flights based on the cruise line's suggested timetable. I have never seen anything to support that statement.

Exactly, but I would still like to see exactly which insurance policies say you need to book flights based on the cruise line's suggested timetable. I have never seen anything to support that statement.

I haven't seen that one either but some of the policies I've read require a documented event to have caused the delay. Some people may not be aware of that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nothing in that link supports your claim and I can not find any information that would support your statement.

Maybe you should call Trip insurance store and ask them. Please post their reply as I will gladly admit I'm wrong if am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk