What is your favorite beach bar on Orient Beach?

I wanted to ask fellow cruisers that have been to Orient since their raze/rebuild of part of the bars and see which ones you have been to and which one you would say would be best.

It's been a few years since we've been back to SXM and I wanted to ask for some help.

Also, if you have menus/drink/food prices that would be most beneficial as well.

Fins up!

Over in the thread about the Major Changes Coming to Orient, I included this list. The affected restaurants are in Bold.

Here's my list of bar/restaurant locations along Orient, from the Club Orient property and headed North.

Papagayo

The Perch

Pedro's

Andy and Cheryl's

The Brothers

Chez Leandra

Ethnic

Orange Fever

Sun Beach

Aloha

Malibu

le String

Kontiki

Kakao

Bikini Beach

La Playa

Waikiki

Coco Beach

Palm Beach

Boo Boo Jam (closed)

I have heard that Andy and Cheryl's may choose to not reopen.

gary

Over in the thread about the Major Changes Coming to Orient, I included this list. The affected restaurants are in Bold.

Here's my list of bar/restaurant locations along Orient, from the Club Orient property and headed North.

Papagayo

The Perch

Pedro's

Andy and Cheryl's

The Brothers

Chez Leandra

Ethnic

Orange Fever

Sun Beach

Aloha

Malibu

le String

Kontiki

Kakao

Bikini Beach

La Playa

Waikiki

Coco Beach

Palm Beach

Boo Boo Jam (closed)

I have heard that Andy and Cheryl's may choose to not reopen.

gary

Thanks Gary! So, are any of the affected bars slated to reopen by end of the year?

Am I reading your post correctly? Andy and Cheryl's is the only bar currently affected by the renovations?

No.

All of the spots 'bolded' were affected. Demolished, in fact.

I have heard that Cheryl may choose to not reopen

I have heard nothing about plans for any of the others.

gary

If you couldn't see any of the spots that were bolded, I don't know how you could infer that only Andy and Cheryl's were affected.

You don't have anything but your iPhone to view the forum? You're possibly missing a lot. :)

gary

• 1 month later...

I chose Bikini Beach. That's where the taxi dropped us off and I walked down to Pedro's checking the prices for beach chairs and umbrellas at each "beach club".

I was alone and got 2 beach chairs and umbrella for $10 at Bikini Beach so chose that place. It's pretty nice.

There are shops and restaurants right behind it. There is still a small seaweed problem on Orient Beach, but it's not that bad. Pics I took below on Jan. 14, 2016.

Entrance

IMG_3546s_zpsddh9rivl.jpg~original

Yeah, that woman in the distance is topless. They do walk by.

IMG_3551s_zpsyehounvn.jpg~original

My chairs and umbrella

IMG_3557s_zpstddb65h4.jpg~original

Bikini Beach club

IMG_3558s_zpstveqymr1.jpg~original

Is topless bathing allowed directly on Bikini Beach for paid customers? I thought I read that somewhere. We just got back from St. Maarten last week. Went to Maho Beach and did the airplane thing..... going back next year and hubby and I would like to do French side and relax at topless beach.

Is topless bathing allowed directly on Bikini Beach for paid customers? I thought I read that somewhere. We just got back from St. Maarten last week. Went to Maho Beach and did the airplane thing..... going back next year and hubby and I would like to do French side and relax at topless beach.

You probably know that 'Bikini Beach' is just a strip of Orient Beach that has been claimed/named by the bar/restaurant there. Other establishments do the same thing, but it's really just Orient Beach, on Baie Orientale.

Being on the French side of the island, topless is allowed anywhere on Orient, just as on any French-side beach.

gary

• 1 month later...

Will be cruising to St. Maarten in early May and several years ago when we were at Orient Beach we ate at a restaurant that had you pick out your own lobster then they cooked it for you. Can't remember the name of the place just know it was towards the other end from the nudie side. Would any one know of such a place or could recommend at place at Orient that has lobster? The DH is wanting his lobster. Thanks and happy cruising.