Breakaway/vs Anthem of the Seas

ann41

Solarium is busy on a bad weather day, but it is not really bad as solarium is not the only covered pool. Pool ajasent to it is also covered.

We are also planning Xmas cruise on Anthem. It won't be a real vacation for me, I will be semiworking.

As for perks... We are platinum (5+ cruises) on Princess and they have a nice perk - 150 minutes of Internet for 7 dayer, and 250 on longer cruises for each platinum member. Although Royal's Internet is better and very cheap.

As for why only 5 days for Bermuda on Anthem. .. They do 9 dayers to Caribbeans. It is 5-9-5-9.

I seriously failed to notice how free food on Anthem was crap. It was at least not worse than on Breakaway, and Breakaway had better food than Dawn, Gem, Jewel, Sun, Spirit we sailed with.

We are sailing on Gem to Caribbeans next, then Summit to Bermuda (great experience) and then Anthem to Bahamas (probably the weakest itin, but we don't have a choice) We were thinking about Bahamas on Breakaway during Thanksgiving week, but switched to Summit as Breakaway does not have covered pools for colder weather. We sailed on Breakaway in March and couldn't use pools for several days and even in Bahamas it was not comfortable.

Edited by Tatka

ty for the info..between solarium and two70 i think we'd be good for inside. also i'm thinking about 7 day oct bahamas for the warmer weather sooner out of NY. weather history shows about 50 degrees in october which is pretty nice and only 100 more for the trip than december.

i have never researched princess as i thought it would be a lot higher than royal etc.

regarding internet on anthem i'm amazed just 15 a day for unlimited. beats NCL 125 for 1 gig on BA

unsure why anthem doesnt do 7 day bermuda in fall. any ideas?

Bermuda can only dock 2 ships at a time at the Dockyards. There were 5 ships that did regular visits there last year. There is not enough slots for the Anthem to do 3 nights every week.

On Anthem if you don't need to stream videos, you can have Internet at $9 per day. Browsing, social media etc.

Summit to Bermuda is a wonderful option. Thalasso pool is amazing. Food is better than on both NCL and Royal. Less kids, nicer PAX.

Bermuda can only dock 2 ships at a time at the Dockyards. There were 5 ships that did regular visits there last year. There is not enough slots for the Anthem to do 3 nights every week.

isnt the anthem bigger than most other ships. why not push the rest aside:eek:

sooo how does that work though . is there a bidding process every year to decide who gets to dock 1st

weird question for those who have been on both ships.

The Breakaway theater seats we found insanely uncomfortable for anything more than 30 minutes. How as Anthem?

Also for those that don't know. You can't bring water / soda on-board an NCL ship. and bottled water on board is $6 per liter.

The Breakaway theater seats we found insanely uncomfortable for anything more than 30 minutes. How as Anthem?

Also for those that don't know. You can't bring water / soda on-board an NCL ship. and bottled water on board is $6 per liter.

I have a bad knee so I always sit on the aisle, but I think anthem was better. Also, the anthem shows are much shorter than breakaway, and one of the main shows is in 270 (which I encourage you to just spend some time hanging out in-- it's great there!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a bad knee so I always sit on the aisle, but I think anthem was better. Also, the anthem shows are much shorter than breakaway, and one of the main shows is in 270 (which I encourage you to just spend some time hanging out in-- it's great there!)

im' trying to decide a deck closer to solarium vs 270. which do you prefer? id probably do deck 12 or 7

elevator positioning seems maybe a bit better than the breakaway.

im' trying to decide a deck closer to solarium vs 270. which do you prefer? id probably do deck 12 or 7

elevator positioning seems maybe a bit better than the breakaway.

I did deck 7 because I had a studio balcony, which is only midship 6 or 7. I always choose rooms where I have staterooms above and below. I can easily walk 5 miles a day on a sea day, so I don't usually choose cabins close to something specific.

Also, I didn't get to enjoy the solarium, as many windows were broken on my cruise. I got on immediately following last year's "hurricane" cruise, so some things were not operational yet. Even without that, anthem's pool area was FAR superior to the breakaway.

Spectra's is awesome show! Don't miss it.

We will rock you is a bit too long and not my favorite theme.

I don't remember third one.

As much as I like Royal's high quality Broadway like shows... I missed regular dancing and singing production shows.

Spectra's is awesome show! Don't miss it.

We will rock you is a bit too long and not my favorite theme.

I don't remember third one.

As much as I like Royal's high quality Broadway like shows... I missed regular dancing and singing production shows.

The gift.

And I didn't really like spectra. I didn't really love any of the shows on anthem. This was an area I thought breakaway was much better.

I did deck 7 because I had a studio balcony, which is only midship 6 or 7. I always choose rooms where I have staterooms above and below. I can easily walk 5 miles a day on a sea day, so I don't usually choose cabins close to something specific.

Also, I didn't get to enjoy the solarium, as many windows were broken on my cruise. I got on immediately following last year's "hurricane" cruise, so some things were not operational yet. Even without that, anthem's pool area was FAR superior to the breakaway.

wow that's crazy about the hurricane. i'm assuming ship was docked and things hit the windows? I know i'm driving myself nuts about the selection but ill just pic one soon and be done with it ;) if I was happy on the other ship up on the higher deck i'm assuming id do fine on anthem.

wow that's crazy about the hurricane. i'm assuming ship was docked and things hit the windows? I know i'm driving myself nuts about the selection but ill just pic one soon and be done with it ;) if I was happy on the other ship up on the higher deck i'm assuming id do fine on anthem.

No. They were out at sea-- it was all over the national news.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/79997114/?client=safari

Anthem theater seats were perfectly fine, even for a long show like We Will Rock You. We will be sailing on the Breakaway this year and not looking forward to their theater since all I have heard is how uncomfortable the seats are. :(

On the subject of Anthem's shows, everyone's opinion of the shows is very subjective. Go to all 3 main shows and form your own opinion. Don't go by people on Cruise Critic to decide which shows to see.

Anthem theater seats were perfectly fine, even for a long show like We Will Rock You. We will be sailing on the Breakaway this year and not looking forward to their theater since all I have heard is how uncomfortable the seats are. :(

On the subject of Anthem's shows, everyone's opinion of the shows is very subjective. Go to all 3 main shows and form your own opinion. Don't go by people on Cruise Critic to decide which shows to see.

bring a small pillow or something, i'm glad i have comfy seats to look forward to on anthem.