mia hotels

bfamily4

There are cheaper hotels closer to the airport with free airport shuttle. Some of the downtown hotels that are closer to the port have port shuttle. I stayed once at the Ramada Inn Miami Airport North when they were offering both complimentary, no longer. If you're not a large group, Uber is the way to go - cheaper than a cab!

No Miami hotels are what I consider to be "cheap", pricewise! Cabs aren't that costly, so don't worry about shuttles...they take so long!

roughly how much is a cab ride from downtown miami to port?

what about miami beach to port?

We used:-

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

4100 Flagler Street

Miami, Florida, 33134, United States

Phone: 305/774-6100

Less than $175 but no free breakfast. :( Burger King opposite, bakery down the road and supermarket not far away. Hotel meals slightly expensive for our NZ tastes!! :D

Free MIA shuttle. :D

Have "shuttle/taxi" to the wharf for $10 a pax. :D

Mike

We used:-

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

4100 Flagler Street

Miami, Florida, 33134, United States

Phone: 305/774-6100

Less than $175 but no free breakfast. :( Burger King opposite, bakery down the road and supermarket not far away. Hotel meals slightly expensive for our NZ tastes!! :D

Free MIA shuttle. :D

Have "shuttle/taxi" to the wharf for $10 a pax. :D

Mike

thinking of booking this since we won't have to rent a car with the shuttle. is there anything within walking distance?

we are cruising in feb. it seems that hotels are prices ~$200+ range. are there hotels with free shuttle from mia airport and pom?

tia!

Do check out the Florida Departures Board.

In February, prices tend to be high in Southern Florida as demand for them is high.

In the end you pay for these services so I would not limit yourself to inclusive shuttles.

Keith

thinking of booking this since we won't have to rent a car with the shuttle. is there anything within walking distance?

There is not a lot of interest close to the hotel but there is a bus "outside" that will take you right downtown.

If you look at routes 11 and 51 at http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/routes.asp

you will be able to work out the timetable.

The route is shown on http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/system-maps-web.pdf

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights after our cruise and went downtown on the two days. Very easy and even more so using the 51 as it is an express bus.

Good luck

Mike

We always use Priceline Express deals to get a hotel near the airport for around $100. We also always rent a car for a night from the airport because they are cheap if you book a few weeks out. The last two times it was only $25 including tax and fees. Then in the morning we drop it off at the airport and the car rental agency has a free shuttle to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What car rental company has a shuttle to the port ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thrifty, we use them every time. You must choose to return the rental at the Port or they will not give you the shuttle ride...so pick up and return will be different.

There are several, I recommend calling to verify but I know that Alamo and Enterprise/national do

To clarify we pick up and drop off at the airport with Alamo. They have a shuttle to the port from the airport. Very easy

LaQuinta MIA East has a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel and a free shuttle form the hotel to the port (but not back). They also offer discounts to military (active and vets). There is a Bennigan's or some such in the adjacent parking lot.