Ebola

E-500

Just received an email from HAL. We are sailing next Monday on the Oosterdam from Port Everglades. The email stated that they would deny boarding to anyone with Ebola, exposed to Ebola in the last 21 days, been a care giver to an Ebola patient or traveled/visited three countries in Africa recently. Citizens from those three countries booked on this cruise would receive additional screening.

Not a factor for us, just an FYI to those on this board.

It's been that way for a while. The Ebola question is part of the standard health questionnaire and has been for over a year. I don't think it's just HAL. It's part of the US Government's pre boarding questionnaire.

Just received an email from HAL. We are sailing next Monday on the Oosterdam from Port Everglades. The email stated that they would deny boarding to anyone with Ebola, exposed to Ebola in the last 21 days, been a care giver to an Ebola patient or traveled/visited three countries in Africa recently. Citizens from those three countries booked on this cruise would receive additional screening.

Not a factor for us, just an FYI to those on this board.

I wonder what brought this special email on - have there been recent outbreaks of Ebola? I don't recall reading about it lately.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

It's been that way for a while. The Ebola question is part of the standard health questionnaire and has been for over a year. I don't think it's just HAL. It's part of the US Government's pre boarding questionnaire.

It is. And health providers are asking the same questions about Ebola.