Dress code for Dining on Oasis of the Seas?

tusconcam

Hi there. I'm going on a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas to the Western Caribbean in late April. I was wondering if someone could chime in on what their experiences were with the dress code on this ship in the Main Dining Room on different nights, the Windjammer Buffet and the Specialty restaurants.

Will I be okay with a pair of khaki's and a short sleeved collared polo type (golf type) shirt? When or if at all are shorts permitted?

I don't think I will go to Formal night in the Dining Room as I don't wish to bring a sport coat or suit. Do you know how many Formal nights my 7 day cruise will have?

Just wondering if I could get some tips on what to bring to wear. I want to feel comfortable and generally fit in with the masses.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there. I'm going on a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas to the Western Caribbean in late April. I was wondering if someone could chime in on what their experiences were with the dress code on this ship in the Main Dining Room on different nights, the Windjammer Buffet and the Specialty restaurants. Windjammer is pretty much come as you please. Specialty Restaurants are all, at minimum, smart casual, and MDR is fairly casual with some exception - no swimsuits, tanktops, shorts, etc.

Will I be okay with a pair of khaki's and a short sleeved collared polo type (golf type) shirt? When or if at all are shorts permitted? Shorts are OK at breakfast and lunch, I think, not dinner. Otherwise, yes, that shirt would be fine any night.

I don't think I will go to Formal night in the Dining Room as I don't wish to bring a sport coat or suit. Do you know how many Formal nights my 7 day cruise will have? You don't have to wear a sport coat or suit for formal night and many don't. You'll have 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise. If you're on a Western itinerary they'll be the 2nd and 5th nights of the cruise; on an Eastern itinerary they'll be the 2nd and 6th nights.

Just wondering if I could get some tips on what to bring to wear. I want to feel comfortable and generally fit in with the masses.

Thanks for your help.

Answered in red, above

Shorts are okay the first night if that is what you have on when you board, and if you do not have a change. Your luggage may not be delivered by dinner.

Khakis and a polo shirt will be okay for the casual and even the smart casual nights on a western route, because you will have late boarding times at Jamaica and Cozumel.

Just observed that the majority in the MDR had suits and a few tuxes for formal nights (our last formal night was last night). However, many empty tables on formal night, so many may have opted for Windjammers. We have not ventured to Windjammers this trip, but may tonight.

We had an acquaintance be turned away at the MDR because he had shorts on. I think as long as you have on pants they don't care. My husband has worn jeans in there as well as long and you look nice and have on a collared shirt. Formal nights maybe make sure they are dress pants and any type of collared shirt.

We had an acquaintance be turned away at the MDR because he had shorts on. I think as long as you have on pants they don't care. My husband has worn jeans in there as well as long and you look nice and have on a collared shirt. Formal nights maybe make sure they are dress pants and any type of collared shirt.

Shorts, flip flops, swimwear and sleeveless tops are specifically listed as forbidden in the dining room after lunch. These are the only actual dress rules. Formal night attire is just a suggestion - jeans are always allowed (including formal nights) with no requirement for dress pants or a collared shirt.

Except for the first and last night, Just look nice like you are going to church or work(well some exceptions here) On "dress up night" just look nicer that the other nights and you will be happy. DO NOT go out of your way to BUY clothes you will never use again, or have no need for.

I like Celebrities new CHIC CASUAL night approach, replacing "FORMAL NIGHT"